Hey guys, I'm sorry if this is a lot like another thread but I have had a hard time deciding between good headphones to replace my Bose AE2 headphones (cue anti-Bose comments). I'll try to keep this short and to the point so here goes, what I am looking for:
- Priced at or bellow $150 (willing to fork over a little more cash up to $175 or so).
- Must be closed-back headphones.
- As little sound leakage as possible since I will be listening to them in the dorms and library so I don't want to bother others.
- COMFORT!!!! This could be a deal-breaker for me even if the sound is good.
- Low ohm impedance. I will be playing them mostly using my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic using the Poweramp app, but also on my HP EliteBook 8560w laptop. However when I am home I have a receiver that to my knowledge should be able to drive about anything so a 1/4" adapter would be fun, but not needed. I have to stress again that the headphones must be able to work well with a phone and laptop.
- I DON'T GIVE A RATS FOOT ABOUT LOOKS!!! I have never, and will never, buy headphones based on looks. Sound quality and comfort trumps looks, so ef off Beats!!
- Decent build quality so they can withstand being put in a backpack and tossed around a little.
- Good portability.
- Want as close to flat sound my price range allows, but willing to have some base.
Music I listen to......
- Mostly all types of Rock from Elvis to Five Finger Death Punch
- Some pop
- A little dubstep
- Disney soundtracks (Admit it, you love them too!!)
- Classical (for studying)
Headphones I have owned so far........ (and think I could do better)
- Klipsh Image ONE - comfort was main reason for selling them and had too much base
- Bose AE2 - I feel like I can do better for that price and something in the sound doesn't feel right
If it isn't obvious already this is my first post ever and I am just beginning to explore the vast world of headphones so I apologize if something is missing that would help point me in the right direction. Just ask and I will answer!
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!!!!!