- 327 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/16/15
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
Whats the point of a frequency range above 20,000Hz?post #1 of 412/15/13 at 7:06pmThread StarterJust curious,I know I should know but for some reason its slipping my mind... Is it treble?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 412/15/13 at 7:21pmpost #3 of 412/15/13 at 9:35pm
Several reasons really. Firstly 20k is the average human's maximum hearing range. It varies by individual and it's certainly possible for a person to be able to hear above that range. Second, supporting frequency range across a broader spectrum can have ancillary benefits for sound reproduction in other parts of the frequency response, not just at the highest ends. That said, just knowing the frequency range a headphone supports tells you absolutely nothing about their fidelity or sound signature.post #4 of 412/15/13 at 9:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by superlowfi
Several reasons really. Firstly 20k is the average human's maximum hearing range. It varies by individual and it's certainly possible for a person to be able to hear above that range. Second, supporting frequency range across a broader spectrum can have ancillary benefits for sound reproduction in other parts of the frequency response, not just at the highest ends. That said, just knowing the frequency range a headphone supports tells you absolutely nothing about their fidelity or sound signature.
Concur. I do recall reading some copy writing for the Tannoy supertweeters where they made similar claims where the lower frequencies will benefit from a more naturally diminishing high frequency curve. I bought a second hand Tannoy to try for myself and A/B'd with it turn on and off. And, I think I do get more information in the mid highs with the Tannoys on. But, they were a bit annoying. Mainly because its sonic signature is very Tannoy while my main speakers were Reynauds (the one with the big tweeter sticking out). So, they somewhat clashed (Brit vs French sound).
Edited by viggen - 12/15/13 at 9:48pm
- Whats the point of a frequency range above 20,000Hz?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 seconds ago
- › [EU] Mint Beyerdynamic T90s for sale. Still in warranty. 52 seconds ago
- › Trinity Audio - PHANTOM AIR - The worlds FIRST tuneable truly... 53 seconds ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › The begging of the end. A noob's journey into madness. 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 9 minutes ago
- › B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear