I have had my HE-400 for several months and I like (not love) the sound. A little to much treble for me but not a ton. All in all the sound pretty darn good. Here is the issue....... they hurt my head bad. After maybe an hour of listening I start to get a headache and behind my ears hurt. I have tried velour and pleather pads but both do the same thing. The just hurt my head!! I have a pair of Denon ah-d5000 and they are SOOOO comfortable. Is there anything comparable to the HE-400 in the price range with a semi similar sound. I had the Sennheiser HD600 and liked them but thought this may be an upgrade. I have tried the HD 650 also but kept the HD 600 instead. Might give them another try someday but is there anything else?
Related Forum Threads
- 300 dollar budget Last post on 12/23/12 at 10:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 7/6/15 at 2:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need some help upgrading from Beats Studios - $1000 budget Last post on 11/10/12 at 12:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- recommend Audiophile Headphones comfortable with glasses/ virtual surround sound Last post on 11/7/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Dogs for He-400 worth it? Last post on 10/10/12 at 9:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
Comparable to a HE-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
you can bend the band to make it clamp less. As for the weight of the phone, yes, a cushion will help.
I don't mind the headband though, I got used to wearing the akg q701's and their horrid bubbled self adjustiong headband. i dont think it gets worse than that.
- Comparable to a HE-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Some questions about settings (sample rate, latency, etc.) for an... 14 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 23 seconds ago
- › Using a SMSL M8 DAC with a Objective 2 amp 33 seconds ago
- › Sound Science is Dangerous to our Enjoyment of Music! 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 1 minute ago
- › Kennerton ODIN : the revelation 1 minute ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 2 minutes ago
- › Official X3 firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit,... 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3