I have had my HE-400 for several months and I like (not love) the sound. A little to much treble for me but not a ton. All in all the sound pretty darn good. Here is the issue....... they hurt my head bad. After maybe an hour of listening I start to get a headache and behind my ears hurt. I have tried velour and pleather pads but both do the same thing. The just hurt my head!! I have a pair of Denon ah-d5000 and they are SOOOO comfortable. Is there anything comparable to the HE-400 in the price range with a semi similar sound. I had the Sennheiser HD600 and liked them but thought this may be an upgrade. I have tried the HD 650 also but kept the HD 600 instead. Might give them another try someday but is there anything else?
Related Forum Threads
- 300 dollar budget Last post on 12/23/12 at 10:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need some help upgrading from Beats Studios - $1000 budget Last post on 11/10/12 at 12:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- recommend Audiophile Headphones comfortable with glasses/ virtual surround sound Last post on 11/7/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Dogs for He-400 worth it? Last post on 10/10/12 at 9:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
Comparable to a HE-400post #1 of 612/15/13 at 5:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 612/15/13 at 6:32pmpost #3 of 612/15/13 at 6:50pmpost #4 of 612/15/13 at 7:15pmThread Starterpost #5 of 612/15/13 at 7:21pmpost #6 of 612/15/13 at 7:40pm
you can bend the band to make it clamp less. As for the weight of the phone, yes, a cushion will help.
I don't mind the headband though, I got used to wearing the akg q701's and their horrid bubbled self adjustiong headband. i dont think it gets worse than that.
- Comparable to a HE-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Hifiman HM-700 impressions 16 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 17 seconds ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 49 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › The Basshead Club 1 minute ago
- › Availability of "Desttop" DAPs 2 minutes ago
- › Review and discussions - Audioengine D1 24/96 USB and Optical... 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob