I have had my HE-400 for several months and I like (not love) the sound. A little to much treble for me but not a ton. All in all the sound pretty darn good. Here is the issue....... they hurt my head bad. After maybe an hour of listening I start to get a headache and behind my ears hurt. I have tried velour and pleather pads but both do the same thing. The just hurt my head!! I have a pair of Denon ah-d5000 and they are SOOOO comfortable. Is there anything comparable to the HE-400 in the price range with a semi similar sound. I had the Sennheiser HD600 and liked them but thought this may be an upgrade. I have tried the HD 650 also but kept the HD 600 instead. Might give them another try someday but is there anything else?
Related Forum Threads
- 300 dollar budget Last post on 12/23/12 at 10:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 7/6/15 at 2:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need some help upgrading from Beats Studios - $1000 budget Last post on 11/10/12 at 12:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- recommend Audiophile Headphones comfortable with glasses/ virtual surround sound Last post on 11/7/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Dogs for He-400 worth it? Last post on 10/10/12 at 9:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
Comparable to a HE-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
you can bend the band to make it clamp less. As for the weight of the phone, yes, a cushion will help.
I don't mind the headband though, I got used to wearing the akg q701's and their horrid bubbled self adjustiong headband. i dont think it gets worse than that.
- Comparable to a HE-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Theft of Orpheus at IFA 2015 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MX985 Review: Relive the Experience 4 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX80 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 10 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 12 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2