I have had my HE-400 for several months and I like (not love) the sound. A little to much treble for me but not a ton. All in all the sound pretty darn good. Here is the issue....... they hurt my head bad. After maybe an hour of listening I start to get a headache and behind my ears hurt. I have tried velour and pleather pads but both do the same thing. The just hurt my head!! I have a pair of Denon ah-d5000 and they are SOOOO comfortable. Is there anything comparable to the HE-400 in the price range with a semi similar sound. I had the Sennheiser HD600 and liked them but thought this may be an upgrade. I have tried the HD 650 also but kept the HD 600 instead. Might give them another try someday but is there anything else?
Related Forum Threads
- 300 dollar budget Last post on 12/23/12 at 10:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 2/16/15 at 9:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need some help upgrading from Beats Studios - $1000 budget Last post on 11/10/12 at 12:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- recommend Audiophile Headphones comfortable with glasses/ virtual surround sound Last post on 11/7/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Dogs for He-400 worth it? Last post on 10/10/12 at 9:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Comparable to a HE-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
you can bend the band to make it clamp less. As for the weight of the phone, yes, a cushion will help.
I don't mind the headband though, I got used to wearing the akg q701's and their horrid bubbled self adjustiong headband. i dont think it gets worse than that.
- Comparable to a HE-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 20 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 22 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 57 seconds ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 1 minute ago
- › Damping Stax phones with Sorbothane: Lambdas, SRXIII Pro, SR003,... 2 minutes ago
- › Should I buy sr80e? 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i Tour & Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Question on if I need an amp or soundcard 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2