I have had my HE-400 for several months and I like (not love) the sound. A little to much treble for me but not a ton. All in all the sound pretty darn good. Here is the issue....... they hurt my head bad. After maybe an hour of listening I start to get a headache and behind my ears hurt. I have tried velour and pleather pads but both do the same thing. The just hurt my head!! I have a pair of Denon ah-d5000 and they are SOOOO comfortable. Is there anything comparable to the HE-400 in the price range with a semi similar sound. I had the Sennheiser HD600 and liked them but thought this may be an upgrade. I have tried the HD 650 also but kept the HD 600 instead. Might give them another try someday but is there anything else?
Related Forum Threads
- 300 dollar budget Last post on 12/23/12 at 10:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $500 iem vs $500 headphones? Last post on 8/28/14 at 8:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need some help upgrading from Beats Studios - $1000 budget Last post on 11/10/12 at 12:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- recommend Audiophile Headphones comfortable with glasses/ virtual surround sound Last post on 11/7/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Dogs for He-400 worth it? Last post on 10/10/12 at 9:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
Comparable to a HE-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
you can bend the band to make it clamp less. As for the weight of the phone, yes, a cushion will help.
I don't mind the headband though, I got used to wearing the akg q701's and their horrid bubbled self adjustiong headband. i dont think it gets worse than that.
- Comparable to a HE-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AUDIOVALVE LUMINARE: an Universal Headphone Amp with three... 13 seconds ago
- › X5 firmware 2.36beta--folder jump, true random shuffle, more custom... 56 seconds ago
- › JBL Synchros S700. Why no talk? 2 minutes ago
- › What Are Some of Your Favorite Sad Songs 3 minutes ago
- › New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp 5 minutes ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 329 IEMs compared (Tekfusion Twinwoofers added... 6 minutes ago
- › Lampizator head dac 8 minutes ago
- › Havi B6 ! 8 minutes ago
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)