Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 1/25/14
- productGrado GS1000tagged by dbsaffor, 1/25/14
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 1/25/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 1/25/14
- productRay Samuels Audio Emmeline SR-71B Balanced Amptagged by dbsaffor, 1/25/14
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by dbsaffor, 1/25/14
Related Forum Threads
- Grado Fan Club! Last post on Yesterday at 8:27 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze lcd-2 vs Grado gs1000i Last post on 3/23/14 at 3:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- lcd-2 weight Last post on 7/16/14 at 5:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- New cans soon: GS1000, HE500, or LCD2 Last post on 1/31/14 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audition Darth Beyer V4. Last post on 12/10/13 at 8:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 12/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
This is a review of the Accutone Pisces HD IEM’s. The Accutone Pisces HD was sent to me from Accutone for the purpose of me reviewing it. I’d like to grab the opportunity to say thank you to...
The FILL Wireless is a very capable and a genuinely nice Headphone. It offers pretty good Sound with the help of the Active DSP but...it is in serious trouble because of it's price and...
https://store.thinksound.com/ I would like to give a hearty thanks to Thinksound's Aaron Fournier for reaching out to me for this review. I was provided with a review sample of the ON2...
This is a review of the Burson Audio Cable+ RCA to RCA active cable. The Burson Audio Cable+ was sent to me by Burson Audio for me as a loaner unit to test it out, thanks to Burson Audio for...
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 6111/8/14 at 3:14ampost #33 of 6111/8/14 at 5:26pmpost #34 of 6111/12/14 at 9:02amCongratulations to Ted and Headphone Lounge as iRiver invited Ted to make a couple of cables for the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas for the demonstration of the new AK240.post #35 of 6111/12/14 at 12:09pmpost #36 of 6111/13/14 at 6:43pmpost #37 of 6111/13/14 at 6:45pmpost #38 of 6111/13/14 at 7:42pmpost #39 of 6111/14/14 at 6:04pmpost #40 of 6111/14/14 at 7:46pmpost #41 of 6111/16/14 at 5:36pm
I have so much love for ted, he ALWAYS bends over backwards for me, and ALWAYS comes through. out of all the people i have done business with he is the only one i consistantly go back to, to get what i want and need done and done right. and this is honest, i have like 2 custom interconnects from him, have had 2 cable i bought second hand, a line out dock he fixed for me, he just fixed my er4p, he's reterminated multiple cables for me. and i NEVER once had any issues with him,his service,or his work. i just felt like i needed to say that, i have to give kudos to where and who it needs to go to, and let him know how i apreciate him....and cheers to more service we shall have together. :o)post #42 of 6111/19/14 at 11:30pmHi,
Looking for new cable for hd600. Looked at headphone lounge website and saw there are 3 types of copper cables. 1. Pure copper, 2. SPC and 3. Hybrid copper tin. Do you know what are differences among 3 types in term of sound?
Or should I bite my wallet and just go for the silver?
My system is laptop > hiface2 > metrum quad > woo6.
Thankspost #43 of 6111/20/14 at 7:58amQuote:Originally Posted by spook76
I have both and the silver plated copper will add a bit of warmth to the sound as well as a improvement to the overall clarity. I started my journey with aftermarket cables with the SPC cables as I stated above. I think that is good way because the cost is less and you can judge for yourself whether you feel silver cables are worth the additional cost. Further, Ted offers a 10% discount for returning customers so any upgrade from the SPC is that much less expensive.
I tend to not especially like spc unless the IEM is a bit U shaped. Cables are horses for courses. I tend to prefer pure silver, pure copper or hybrid cables. I'm using a hybrid now with silver on the ground side. I haven't loved the 1% gold either though again I can see where it would shine. Very clean and I think also best for more U shaped responses. Pure copper is warmer and pure silver leaner but they tend to have good timing. Just IMO and they are generalities that wont follow every cable with these designs but I thought I'd give my observations so far.
Edited by goodvibes - 1/21/14 at 4:41ampost #44 of 6111/21/14 at 1:22pm
I’ve been using Ted’s (Ted from headphonelounge.com) magic OCC Silver cable now for less than a couple days. At first I was blown away by the beauty of the silver opalescent cable and the braided texture that I’ve never had the pleasure of seeing first hand before. The workmanship of the wood is first class. The fit is better than the standard 846 cables since the over-the-ear wire is a bit more flexible and it also feels lighter. Now the 846 feels much more similar to my 530s. The added detail of the wood, Y block and overall look/feel set this cable apart from anything factory made.
Aesthetics aside, the sound quality of the 846 has taken a leap forward. Same source, IEM, tips, different cable; magic. The sound stage is open, airy and simply better than stock. It doesn’t change the sound, just opens it up, making it cleaner and crisper, and adds detail and clarity. I had Ted terminate the cable in RSA and also make a matching adaptor for RSA-3.5. It matches beautifully and the amazing magical sound I’m hearing at this point is with the RSA-3.5 adapter via phone/PC. I am planning to try this setup with a CL Theorem 720 via RSA just as soon as the new ear molds come back from this Audiologist.
Bottom Line: If you have the 846 and want to take them to the next level of aesthetics and sound, one of Teds custom OCC Silver cables is a great option. Toss on some custom molds and an AK or Cypher Labs dac and you’ve got yourself a rig of envy by almost anyone.Return Home
- The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Music Game IX 7 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 22 seconds ago
- › Objectivists board room 25 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 vs ATH-AD900 1 minute ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 2 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › Accutone Pisces HD by peter123
- › FIIL Wireless by MrTechAgent
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Dsnuts
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by peter123
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...