Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 1/25/14
- productGrado GS1000tagged by dbsaffor, 1/25/14
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 1/25/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 1/25/14
- productRay Samuels Audio Emmeline SR-71B Balanced Amptagged by dbsaffor, 1/25/14
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by dbsaffor, 1/25/14
Related Forum Threads
- Grado Fan Club! Last post on Today at 8:40 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze lcd-2 vs Grado gs1000i Last post on 3/23/14 at 3:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- lcd-2 weight Last post on 7/16/14 at 5:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- New cans soon: GS1000, HE500, or LCD2 Last post on 1/31/14 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audition Darth Beyer V4. Last post on 12/10/13 at 8:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 12/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 5861/8/14 at 3:14ampost #33 of 5861/8/14 at 5:26pmpost #34 of 5861/12/14 at 9:02amCongratulations to Ted and Headphone Lounge as iRiver invited Ted to make a couple of cables for the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas for the demonstration of the new AK240.post #35 of 5861/12/14 at 12:09pmpost #36 of 5861/13/14 at 6:43pmpost #37 of 5861/13/14 at 6:45pmpost #38 of 5861/13/14 at 7:42pmpost #39 of 5861/14/14 at 6:04pmpost #40 of 5861/14/14 at 7:46pmpost #41 of 5861/16/14 at 5:36pm
I have so much love for ted, he ALWAYS bends over backwards for me, and ALWAYS comes through. out of all the people i have done business with he is the only one i consistantly go back to, to get what i want and need done and done right. and this is honest, i have like 2 custom interconnects from him, have had 2 cable i bought second hand, a line out dock he fixed for me, he just fixed my er4p, he's reterminated multiple cables for me. and i NEVER once had any issues with him,his service,or his work. i just felt like i needed to say that, i have to give kudos to where and who it needs to go to, and let him know how i apreciate him....and cheers to more service we shall have together. :o)post #42 of 5861/19/14 at 11:30pmHi,
Looking for new cable for hd600. Looked at headphone lounge website and saw there are 3 types of copper cables. 1. Pure copper, 2. SPC and 3. Hybrid copper tin. Do you know what are differences among 3 types in term of sound?
Or should I bite my wallet and just go for the silver?
My system is laptop > hiface2 > metrum quad > woo6.
Thankspost #43 of 5861/20/14 at 7:58amQuote:Originally Posted by spook76
I have both and the silver plated copper will add a bit of warmth to the sound as well as a improvement to the overall clarity. I started my journey with aftermarket cables with the SPC cables as I stated above. I think that is good way because the cost is less and you can judge for yourself whether you feel silver cables are worth the additional cost. Further, Ted offers a 10% discount for returning customers so any upgrade from the SPC is that much less expensive.
I tend to not especially like spc unless the IEM is a bit U shaped. Cables are horses for courses. I tend to prefer pure silver, pure copper or hybrid cables. I'm using a hybrid now with silver on the ground side. I haven't loved the 1% gold either though again I can see where it would shine. Very clean and I think also best for more U shaped responses. Pure copper is warmer and pure silver leaner but they tend to have good timing. Just IMO and they are generalities that wont follow every cable with these designs but I thought I'd give my observations so far.
Edited by goodvibes - 1/21/14 at 4:41ampost #44 of 5861/21/14 at 1:22pm
I’ve been using Ted’s (Ted from headphonelounge.com) magic OCC Silver cable now for less than a couple days. At first I was blown away by the beauty of the silver opalescent cable and the braided texture that I’ve never had the pleasure of seeing first hand before. The workmanship of the wood is first class. The fit is better than the standard 846 cables since the over-the-ear wire is a bit more flexible and it also feels lighter. Now the 846 feels much more similar to my 530s. The added detail of the wood, Y block and overall look/feel set this cable apart from anything factory made.
Aesthetics aside, the sound quality of the 846 has taken a leap forward. Same source, IEM, tips, different cable; magic. The sound stage is open, airy and simply better than stock. It doesn’t change the sound, just opens it up, making it cleaner and crisper, and adds detail and clarity. I had Ted terminate the cable in RSA and also make a matching adaptor for RSA-3.5. It matches beautifully and the amazing magical sound I’m hearing at this point is with the RSA-3.5 adapter via phone/PC. I am planning to try this setup with a CL Theorem 720 via RSA just as soon as the new ear molds come back from this Audiologist.
Bottom Line: If you have the 846 and want to take them to the next level of aesthetics and sound, one of Teds custom OCC Silver cables is a great option. Toss on some custom molds and an AK or Cypher Labs dac and you’ve got yourself a rig of envy by almost anyone.Return Home
- The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze... 1 minute ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 2 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Why does quieter music require less data? (FLAC file size) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-WM1 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica AT-HA22TUBE In-Depth Review 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...