or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread - Page 14

post #196 of 614

I was told to come check this thread out for cable advice, someone in the help & recommendations sub-forum told me so hopefully I'm in the right place!

 

Perhaps someone could help me out? I'm new to cables, I want to get one for my LCD-2's+ fazer, what should I expect from different kinds of wire? Does it matter?

Where should I start? It's all so confusing! I don't know where to start :(

 

I'd like to start cheap if possible, around ~$200, also there's an ALO Audio store as well as an Echo Audio store next to where I live, I could perhaps go to and try their cables.


Edited by DarrenLays - 6/18/14 at 6:28pm
post #197 of 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenLays View Post

I was told to come check this thread out for cable advice, someone in the help & recommendations sub-forum told me so hopefully I'm in the right place!

Perhaps someone could help me out? I'm new to cables, I want to get one for my LCD-2's+ fazer, what should I expect from different kinds of wire? Does it matter?
Where should I start? It's all so confusing! I don't know where to start frown.gif

I'd like to start cheap if possible, around ~$200, also there's an ALO Audio store as well as an Echo Audio store next to where I live, I could perhaps go to and try their cables.

I only have Ted's cables for my IEMs my advice is to email Ted Allen himself through Headphonelounge.com. He is extremely knowledgeable and very patient and will answer any and all questions.

You might also look at the Headphone Lounge home page it has a section at the top titled "How to Order" with step by step instructions in designing your own cables. I hope this helped.
post #198 of 614
Agree- best bet is to give Ted a call. He will make it simple.
post #199 of 614
For those who like a portable rig they can put in their pocket, I just received Oyaide right angle silver litz interconnects. With my carbon fiber RSA connector I can now just slide my rig in my pocket or briefcase and go.
[IMG]

Thanks Ted as usual the build quality and sound is stellar.
Edited by spook76 - 6/20/14 at 1:42pm
post #200 of 614

wow..that is tidy and likely in my future.  Thanks for the picture!

post #201 of 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenLays View Post
 

I was told to come check this thread out for cable advice, someone in the help & recommendations sub-forum told me so hopefully I'm in the right place!

 

Perhaps someone could help me out? I'm new to cables, I want to get one for my LCD-2's+ fazer, what should I expect from different kinds of wire? Does it matter?

Where should I start? It's all so confusing! I don't know where to start :(

 

I'd like to start cheap if possible, around ~$200, also there's an ALO Audio store as well as an Echo Audio store next to where I live, I could perhaps go to and try their cables.

I just purchased Ted's Silver Litz cables for my LCD-2's and I can tell you this is the way to go if you can spend more than 200. I know Ted will make a copper/copper/silver blend for less so as spook76 said, e-mail or call Ted. He will get you set up and you won't be disappointed. By the way, this is not my first cable from Ted, but my third. So I'm a happy repeat customer.

post #202 of 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalzed View Post

I just purchased Ted's Silver Litz cables for my LCD-2's and I can tell you this is the way to go if you can spend more than 200. I know Ted will make a copper/copper/silver blend for less so as spook76 said, e-mail or call Ted. He will get you set up and you won't be disappointed. By the way, this is not my first cable from Ted, but my third. So I'm a happy repeat customer.

I agree with the post above. I have 4 different cables and 4 interconnects from Headphone Lounge so I am also a happy repeat customer.
post #203 of 614
EDIT: nvm
Edited by phillyd - 6/26/14 at 7:22pm
post #204 of 614
Lounge has taken on a new meaning. In any event, I love Ted, s amazing cables and service.
post #205 of 614



Great job Ted... Love the Litz....
post #206 of 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Coupe View Post

Right now I have the Litz connected to my 846SE and the standard silver cable connected to my W60.

Are you saying you prefer the standard, non-Litz silver cable on your W60's or am I reading something you did not intend?
post #207 of 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by lofiears View Post


Are you saying you prefer the standard, non-Litz silver cable on your W60's or am I reading something you did not intend?

They're different connectors, I'm guessing he doesn't have the Litz with westone connectors. The 846's are MMCX mounts. 

post #208 of 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepito View Post

They're different connectors, I'm guessing he doesn't have the Litz with westone connectors. The 846's are MMCX mounts. 

No all new Westone's UIEMs use the MMCX connector. MCoupe has both OCC silver and The Reference cable with MMCX connectors.
post #209 of 614

The silver litz on 846 makes bigger difference. I have the regular silver now my W60 for that reason.  Also, I will likely go copper litz for the W60.  I am traveling a ton for next couple weeks so will need to arrange to buy them when I know I will be home.  I will report back after that.

 

Ted is the man.

post #210 of 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post


No all new Westone's UIEMs use the MMCX connector. MCoupe has both OCC silver and The Reference cable with MMCX connectors.

My bad, didn't know they changed em. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: