Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › (117dB SNR DAC 2+7.1 and 600 ohm AMP) Asrock's new audiophile friendly motherboards
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(117dB SNR DAC 2+7.1 and 600 ohm AMP) Asrock's new audiophile friendly motherboards - Page 4

post #46 of 69
Interesting read.
Thanks for showing it. I miss out which amp is used w it the Realtek. Was it pure onboard only?
And a dragonfly is much more expensive.

Btw when comparing audio with asrock purity. The extra or premium you pay for purity is very modest. 10 to 20 euro extra.
That's lower than a dgx.

I hope they test it first against the dgx. If it's better we can move on up...
If it's less or equal..The answer is given for all other comparisons.

If the review on the 892 is so good...wonder how much better it now is. Dedicated headphone amp. Better isolation and circuitry.
post #47 of 69

Ok so I said hell with it finally. After reading this forum for a decade or more and having been listening to the HD 560 Ovation II's for 20 yrs now, and hearing that there is something to be said , that yes there is such a thing as hi fi sound quality that it's just not all noise. I broke down and bought HD 650's and Momentum over the ear , now I will finally get some answers for myself on where the old trusty eye opening (well ok ear opening) HD 560 II's stand in the history of Senn. I didn't get HD 600's because I'm almost convinced with just reading so decade on here that they are very close to the 560 II's and getting them , at least at this time anyway isn't gonna serve me any good.

 

It will also test out just how good this Purity Sound is on my Asrock. If it can really do 600ohm then it should handle the 650's fine, I hear they when bass kicks in need about 500 ohms maybe so it should provide just enough headroom. Really looking forward to testing, 650 be here monday , Momentum's haven't got shipping info yet so, but either way next week is gonna be a 20 yr dream come true maybe.

post #48 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv00 View Post
 

Ok so I said hell with it finally. After reading this forum for a decade or more and having been listening to the HD 560 Ovation II's for 20 yrs now, and hearing that there is something to be said , that yes there is such a thing as hi fi sound quality that it's just not all noise. I broke down and bought HD 650's and Momentum over the ear , now I will finally get some answers for myself on where the old trusty eye opening (well ok ear opening) HD 560 II's stand in the history of Senn. I didn't get HD 600's because I'm almost convinced with just reading so decade on here that they are very close to the 560 II's and getting them , at least at this time anyway isn't gonna serve me any good.

 

It will also test out just how good this Purity Sound is on my Asrock. If it can really do 600ohm then it should handle the 650's fine, I hear they when bass kicks in need about 500 ohms maybe so it should provide just enough headroom. Really looking forward to testing, 650 be here monday , Momentum's haven't got shipping info yet so, but either way next week is gonna be a 20 yr dream come true maybe.

Here you go....jump straight in. Reading this post..i have this weird feeling this is just teh beginning. After 10 years with only the 560 II. Now momentum and 650 and using asrocks onboard audio.

 

It can go wrong in so many ways,...

post #49 of 69

what do you mean tan1415? That this asrock onboard purity audio isn't up to the task, or I've got the head fi disease lol. I'm just curious at your thoughts and insight.

post #50 of 69

The disease I am afraid....

 

Comparing headphones and combining a hd650 with an onboard. It's like begging for a desktop amp/dac.

 

Btw I have a weird thing. Most headphones sound great. But one of my favourite headphones. Jaycar/HM5/Fa003 headphone. Sounds quite bad...

post #51 of 69

Well if you had heard the HD 560 Ovation II's you'd know they are no weak headphone, many in the HD 560 II thread said they are actually better than the newer 600 and 650 as they don't have the veil , all I know in the last 20 years of owning them nothing and I mean nothing has sounded more detailed in audio. I honestly for real can't even comprehend anything being more detailed than them.

 

As for using onboard audio, well Purity Audio is rated for 600 ohm twice that of the HD 650 and my HD 560 II's so and they power the 300 ohm 560 with ease and sound ultra clear using it.

 

Do I wonder about desktop amp/dac yea sure, but after what I just spent , mind you after reading this forum for a decade and waiting 20 years just using 560 II's. I say I'm probably the most patient addict here haha and I can't wait to hear the newer pairs of what Senn has to offer.

 

How 650 sound and what not has been talked about forever , I can't personally add anything really to whats known about them, but pairing them , 560 II' and Momentums with this new breed of onboard audio is certainly still up for debate. I can't wait to find those answers come monday.

 

Oh also let me edit to say yea I want to try a Carda  or Clou Red JasPis cable so yea maybe I have went off the deep end. But I'll also say I bought used so and I'll never pay anywhere near full price for those cables. I seen one on ebay go for $37 another was sold for $40 elsewhere. I'll just hold out another 20 yrs if I have to hehe.


Edited by hdtv00 - 3/7/14 at 5:01pm
post #52 of 69

I just want to clarify that the drivers were updated a few years back in the HD 600's and the HD 650 and the veil was removed. I prefer my HD 580 over my 560 though I still like the 560. It is discussed in this article: http://www.headfonia.com/sennheiser-hd650-600-and-580-updated-drivers/    I am still amazed by the Purity sound through all of my headphones yet curious if a Bifrost Uber, ZDAC or Emotiva DC-1 would make a big difference in sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv00 View Post
 

Well if you had heard the HD 560 Ovation II's you'd know they are no weak headphone, many in the HD 560 II thread said they are actually better than the newer 600 and 650 as they don't have the veil , all I know in the last 20 years of owning them nothing and I mean nothing has sounded more detailed in audio. I honestly for real can't even comprehend anything being more detailed than them.

 

As for using onboard audio, well Purity Audio is rated for 600 ohm twice that of the HD 650 and my HD 560 II's so and they power the 300 ohm 560 with ease and sound ultra clear using it.

 

Do I wonder about desktop amp/dac yea sure, but after what I just spent , mind you after reading this forum for a decade and waiting 20 years just using 560 II's. I say I'm probably the most patient addict here haha and I can't wait to hear the newer pairs of what Senn has to offer.

 

How 650 sound and what not has been talked about forever , I can't personally add anything really to whats known about them, but pairing them , 560 II' and Momentums with this new breed of onboard audio is certainly still up for debate. I can't wait to find those answers come monday.

 

Oh also let me edit to say yea I want to try a Carda  or Clou Red JasPis cable so yea maybe I have went off the deep end. But I'll also say I bought used so and I'll never pay anywhere near full price for those cables. I seen one on ebay go for $37 another was sold for $40 elsewhere. I'll just hold out another 20 yrs if I have to hehe.

post #53 of 69

Well Purity Sound from ASRock can push the HD 650's for sure. But rated at 600 ohm output to a 300 ohm HP shouldn't be shocked. How good is it, I don't know. The headphones came early both pair arrived today so I been testing all day long.

 

I can now see why even after all this time the HD 650 is so well thought of even if someone prefers a different sound signature. They are for total sure different than the HD 560 II's I been using for 20 years. But at the same time not always better. I think the 560 II are more detailed honestly. BUT their downfall is basically it seems to me while 560 II have more detail a clarity in the highs that are beyond anything I've heard, they fall short on bass badly compared to the 650's. Which in turn is why they are clearer highs and more detailed. But the HD 650 is much more musical, that extra hint of bass throughout gives 650 a overall balance that seems like it's what things are supposed to sound like. It's like 560 II's are a detailed examination of the music in clarity and the 650 is a laid back listening to the overall precision as it all comes together, it's like the entire thing becomes whole.

 

I probably seem like I'm rambling and it's probably what many have known here for yeas, although the HD 560 II's are a rare breed from a time before today's market took off. But they are still a very special pair of headphones.

post #54 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headphile32 View Post
 

I just want to clarify that the drivers were updated a few years back in the HD 600's and the HD 650 and the veil was removed. I prefer my HD 580 over my 560 though I still like the 560. It is discussed in this article: http://www.headfonia.com/sennheiser-hd650-600-and-580-updated-drivers/    I am still amazed by the Purity sound through all of my headphones yet curious if a Bifrost Uber, ZDAC or Emotiva DC-1 would make a big difference in sound

 Wow you are happy with teh purity sound with teh HD650?

 

To be honest I am simply amazed with the sound I am getting with mine,Purity in Fractal Design R2 XL. Listening it it with my HM5 clone and my DT 770 32ohm.

post #55 of 69

I don't have a HD 650 however would love to try one out sometime. I have a Sennheiser 560 Ovation and HD 580. The 580 is close to the HD 600 in sound since they use the same drivers. I have the newer updated drivers. The HD 580 sounds great with the Purity which really surprised me. My closed headphones the ATH-A900X also sound great with Purity sound. I found the amp helped them even though they are fairly low impedance. The ATH-A900X has a great soundstage for a closed headphone.

post #56 of 69
Purity Sound™ 2


Purity Sound™ 2 includes 7.1 CH HD audio with Realtek ALC1150 audio codec, 115dB SNR DAC with Differential Amplifier, TI® NE5532 Premium Headset Amplifier, cap less Direct Drive technology, EMI shielding cover, PCB isolate shielding and DTS Connect. As Nichicon audio capacitors are what every audiophile has been longing for on a PC, ASRock applied these high quality capacitors for Purity Sound™ 2.

post #57 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv00 View Post
 
Purity Sound™ 2


Purity Sound™ 2 includes 7.1 CH HD audio with Realtek ALC1150 audio codec, 115dB SNR DAC with Differential Amplifier, TI® NE5532 Premium Headset Amplifier, cap less Direct Drive technology, EMI shielding cover, PCB isolate shielding and DTS Connect. As Nichicon audio capacitors are what every audiophile has been longing for on a PC, ASRock applied these high quality capacitors for Purity Sound™ 2.


So the only change is the choice of caps oh well it's good as it was so no need to change. :)

post #58 of 69

Unless I just missed it in the thread, does the ASRock Purity Sound 2 module come with virtual surround? I can't see it mentioned anywhere, but MSI's website explicitly state that their gaming motherboards' audio modules can do headphone virtual surround. With Gigabyte it can be inferred that they can also since they also use Creative's chip and software.

Also is there a way to be sure whether the front panel HP/Mic ports can also use the high-power circuits? Gigabyte's website explicitly states the Amp-Up circuit wired to the rear output. That's not a problem if I get a Silverstone FT03 (my first choice right now actually) since the "front panel" audio output will be on top (just outside the cover, so actually the motherboard's panels are accessible enough from the top; but if Fractal Design comes out with a Define Mini R2 (with the same kind of flat ModuVents as the Define R5) I might reconsider but the problem is having to reach over to the back or use an extension cable anytime I remove the headphone and mic.


Edited by ProtegeManiac - 3/4/15 at 10:35pm
post #59 of 69
Thread Starter 

What type of virtual surround are you looking for? If for gaming, I'd suggest Razer Surround Personalized 7.1 Gaming Audio Software. It's free and has some pretty good user feedbacks. 

post #60 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamperjack View Post

What type of virtual surround are you looking for? If for gaming, I'd suggest Razer Surround Personalized 7.1 Gaming Audio Software. It's free and has some pretty good user feedbacks. 
Fantastic surround sound, can confirm. Best there is for gaming (definitely don't use for music though).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › (117dB SNR DAC 2+7.1 and 600 ohm AMP) Asrock's new audiophile friendly motherboards