Here am I again.Looking for an On Ear portable headphones < £ 60
I was reading the forums these days all day long.Watching youtube tests and Ebay prices.
It's time for me to change my beloved Sony MDR V-150.I know for most of you these are crap but actually I found the sound very flat and all the levels clear and proper.I'm listening mostly Rap,Drum & Base,Dub step,House so they were just fine.
Anyway after I was fascinated by the sound of Seinnheiser HD 202 and AKG M50 I was looking for their equivalent over the net (HD 202 look dummy with 10 m cord and non foldable.M50s on the other hand are big and sound an idea more quiet than my MDR's even from my Fiio E6...great sound though..huh..). So I ended up in front of Superlux 668B and 681. Ordered 681 and was waiting for them with excitement until I tried them...jeeeze the worst sound ever !!! I'll return them in Monday but still need new headphones so I'm reading for 2 days now and my head is a complete mess...there're so many options I can go for...so I made a list and would ask you guys for opinion. I'm looking for well balanced headphones with good deep bass...not enhanced for the cost of the Mid like JVC XX but nice proper low bass. And also can my Ipod Nano 6 + Fiio E6 power up 40 mm drivers at all ? (actually there's no loud limit for me as sometimes I listen to the home stereo on max).
So here's my choices but feel absolutely free to suggest something else.
1) Sennheiser HD 202 II
|Speaker Frequency Response||18Hz - 18kHz|
|Headphone Distortion (THD)||<0.5%|
|Sound Pressure Level||115dB|
|Transducer Principle||Dynamic, Closed|
2)Sennheiser HD 229
|Frequency Response||18 Hz - 22 kHz|
3)Energy Sistem Energy DJ 410
- Transducer Type: dynamic enclosed
- Omnidirectional microphone built-in the cable
- Frequency response: 15 Hz ~ 20 KHz
- Impedance: 32 Ohm
- Sensitivity: 108 dB equal or less than 3dB
- Cable connection: two parallel, symmetric
- Audio connector: 3.5 mm gold plated
4) Pioneer - Street Move
- Frequency Response: 11 - 25,000 Hz
- Impedance: 32 Ω
- Maximum Input Power: 500 mW
- Sensitivity: 103 dB
- Driver Unit Diameter: 40 mm
- Plug: 3.5 mm 3P mini-plug, L-type (gold plated)
- Cable Length: 1.2 m
5) Marmitek BoomBoom 540 On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones (I know they're the weakest in the list but for the cost of the portability I'm ready to live with it if the sound is at least as good as MDR V-150's)
- Bluetooth frequency: 2402-2480 GHz
- Supported Bluetooth profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HSP
- Bluetooth version: V2.1+EDR
- Bluetooth devices: Max. 8
- Range: Up to 10m
- Driver diameter: 1.6"
- Impedance: 32 Ohm
- Sensitivity: 114dB +/- 3dB
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- SNR: >82dB
- Charge time: Max. 3-4 hours
- Telephone function key
- Volume control
- Title skip control
- Power LED
- Lithium-ion battery 3.7V, 600mAh
6) Pioneer SE-MJ751 Bass Pro (The best sound from the list I guess)
They have a 40 - 30 mm driver unit diameter (adjustable through the Bass Tune knob) for faithful beat reproduction.
The soft, quality padding ensures a snug fit over your head and ears for your listening comfort.
Type: Fully Enclosed Dynamic Headphones Frequency Response: 8 - 28,000 Hz Impedance: 16 ohms Maximum Input Power: 1000 mW
Sensitivity: 104 dB
Driver Unit Diameter: 40 mm / 30 mm
Plug: 3.5 mm 3P mini-plug (gold plated)
7) Noontec Zoro
Specifications Plug type : 3.5mm Driver diameter : 40mm Input impedance : 16 ohms Transducer principle : Dynamic, Semi-open Frequency response : 15-22,000 Hz Sensitivity at 1 KHz(SPL) : 110±3dB Wearing fashion : Supra-aural Audio cable : 1.2m,OFC+TPE Size (extension form) : 175mm x 175mm x 65mm Size (folding form) : 175mm x 110mm x 65mm Dimensions (gift box) : 253mm x 196mm x 70mm Net Weight : 150g Gross Weight : 477g
8) Noontec Hammo
Edited by Manchev - 12/14/13 at 11:14pm