O2/ODAC. You're done. Anything more expensive if you need more power or connectivity options.
Related Forum Threads
- Need Budget AMP worth to power Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ??? Last post on 12/18/13 at 6:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My quest for the perfect classical music headphone: a brief visit of the DT-880, T1, HD-800,... Last post on 2/16/14 at 11:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A headphone shoot-out from a speaker listener - Testing eleven headphones from £ 80 to... Last post on 3/25/14 at 9:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Love my HD600's, would a HE-400 be a sideways upgrade? Do I need to move to HE-500? Last post on 9/1/12 at 11:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In search of the perfect headphone (for me, that is) Last post on 9/5/12 at 12:16am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
Help! Budget AMP worth of Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ??? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 171/20/14 at 10:55am
If this is strictly as a desktop amp, and especially if you want to preserve the 3D positioning audio for games if you play them, then the DAC's from the ZXR or STX/ST are very good. The computer audio forum has a bunch of this information, especially the thread about the Creative Z-series. Most people agree that the Burr Brown DAC SQ are good enough to last you until a Bifrost Uber DAC upgrade. I'm running the Titanium HD sound card, which contains the same Burr Brown DAC as the ZXR/STX/ST cards, and I can tell you I don't hear any of the electrostatic sounds most people are worried with a DAC inside the computer case, as it has a metal case to protect the components from it. Out of your list of sound cards, the ZXR is an especially good deal at $189, I bought it at $229 last year but returned it to get my current refurb Titanium HD for $70. It also has the best 3D positioning technology out of the bunch, and especially comparing to the STX which is a much older card, it's a steal at the current price.
- Help! Budget AMP worth of Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › For Sale: Fiio X3 + Free Shipping 44 seconds ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 57 seconds ago
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE400 @ $299 versus HE500 @ $599 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Searching Earbud or Portable Headphone ~50€ 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › Hello,everyone! 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob