O2/ODAC. You're done. Anything more expensive if you need more power or connectivity options.
Related Forum Threads
- Need Budget AMP worth to power Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ??? Last post on 12/18/13 at 6:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My quest for the perfect classical music headphone: a brief visit of the DT-880, T1, HD-800,... Last post on 1/10/15 at 1:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- A headphone shoot-out from a speaker listener - Testing eleven headphones from £ 80 to... Last post on 3/25/14 at 9:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Love my HD600's, would a HE-400 be a sideways upgrade? Do I need to move to HE-500? Last post on 9/1/12 at 11:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Help! Budget AMP worth of Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ??? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If this is strictly as a desktop amp, and especially if you want to preserve the 3D positioning audio for games if you play them, then the DAC's from the ZXR or STX/ST are very good. The computer audio forum has a bunch of this information, especially the thread about the Creative Z-series. Most people agree that the Burr Brown DAC SQ are good enough to last you until a Bifrost Uber DAC upgrade. I'm running the Titanium HD sound card, which contains the same Burr Brown DAC as the ZXR/STX/ST cards, and I can tell you I don't hear any of the electrostatic sounds most people are worried with a DAC inside the computer case, as it has a metal case to protect the components from it. Out of your list of sound cards, the ZXR is an especially good deal at $189, I bought it at $229 last year but returned it to get my current refurb Titanium HD for $70. It also has the best 3D positioning technology out of the bunch, and especially comparing to the STX which is a much older card, it's a steal at the current price.
- Help! Budget AMP worth of Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Amarra 3.0 19 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 56 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 2nd Generation Australasian Tour(s) 3 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3