O2/ODAC. You're done. Anything more expensive if you need more power or connectivity options.
Related Forum Threads
- Need Budget AMP worth to power Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ??? Last post on 12/18/13 at 6:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My quest for the perfect classical music headphone: a brief visit of the DT-880, T1, HD-800,... Last post on 1/10/15 at 1:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- A headphone shoot-out from a speaker listener - Testing eleven headphones from £ 80 to... Last post on 3/25/14 at 9:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Love my HD600's, would a HE-400 be a sideways upgrade? Do I need to move to HE-500? Last post on 9/1/12 at 11:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
Help! Budget AMP worth of Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ??? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 171/20/14 at 10:55am
If this is strictly as a desktop amp, and especially if you want to preserve the 3D positioning audio for games if you play them, then the DAC's from the ZXR or STX/ST are very good. The computer audio forum has a bunch of this information, especially the thread about the Creative Z-series. Most people agree that the Burr Brown DAC SQ are good enough to last you until a Bifrost Uber DAC upgrade. I'm running the Titanium HD sound card, which contains the same Burr Brown DAC as the ZXR/STX/ST cards, and I can tell you I don't hear any of the electrostatic sounds most people are worried with a DAC inside the computer case, as it has a metal case to protect the components from it. Out of your list of sound cards, the ZXR is an especially good deal at $189, I bought it at $229 last year but returned it to get my current refurb Titanium HD for $70. It also has the best 3D positioning technology out of the bunch, and especially comparing to the STX which is a much older card, it's a steal at the current price.
- Help! Budget AMP worth of Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 25 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Best settings for Asus Xonar U7. 4 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2