O2/ODAC. You're done. Anything more expensive if you need more power or connectivity options.
Related Forum Threads
- Need Budget AMP worth to power Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ??? Last post on 12/18/13 at 6:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My quest for the perfect classical music headphone: a brief visit of the DT-880, T1, HD-800,... Last post on 1/10/15 at 1:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- A headphone shoot-out from a speaker listener - Testing eleven headphones from £ 80 to... Last post on 3/25/14 at 9:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Love my HD600's, would a HE-400 be a sideways upgrade? Do I need to move to HE-500? Last post on 9/1/12 at 11:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Help! Budget AMP worth of Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ??? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If this is strictly as a desktop amp, and especially if you want to preserve the 3D positioning audio for games if you play them, then the DAC's from the ZXR or STX/ST are very good. The computer audio forum has a bunch of this information, especially the thread about the Creative Z-series. Most people agree that the Burr Brown DAC SQ are good enough to last you until a Bifrost Uber DAC upgrade. I'm running the Titanium HD sound card, which contains the same Burr Brown DAC as the ZXR/STX/ST cards, and I can tell you I don't hear any of the electrostatic sounds most people are worried with a DAC inside the computer case, as it has a metal case to protect the components from it. Out of your list of sound cards, the ZXR is an especially good deal at $189, I bought it at $229 last year but returned it to get my current refurb Titanium HD for $70. It also has the best 3D positioning technology out of the bunch, and especially comparing to the STX which is a much older card, it's a steal at the current price.
- Help! Budget AMP worth of Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Vsonic VSD2S 11 seconds ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 32 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 33 seconds ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 37 seconds ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › DAC/Amp Recommendations 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Why 24 bit audio and anything over 48k is not only worthless, but... 2 minutes ago
- › How To: Process High Resolution Music Files 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)