O2/ODAC. You're done. Anything more expensive if you need more power or connectivity options.
Related Forum Threads
- Need Budget AMP worth to power Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ??? Last post on 12/18/13 at 6:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My quest for the perfect classical music headphone: a brief visit of the DT-880, T1, HD-800,... Last post on 2/16/14 at 11:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A headphone shoot-out from a speaker listener - Testing eleven headphones from £ 80 to... Last post on 3/25/14 at 9:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Love my HD600's, would a HE-400 be a sideways upgrade? Do I need to move to HE-500? Last post on 9/1/12 at 11:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In search of the perfect headphone (for me, that is) Last post on 9/5/12 at 12:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Help! Budget AMP worth of Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ??? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 171/20/14 at 10:55am
If this is strictly as a desktop amp, and especially if you want to preserve the 3D positioning audio for games if you play them, then the DAC's from the ZXR or STX/ST are very good. The computer audio forum has a bunch of this information, especially the thread about the Creative Z-series. Most people agree that the Burr Brown DAC SQ are good enough to last you until a Bifrost Uber DAC upgrade. I'm running the Titanium HD sound card, which contains the same Burr Brown DAC as the ZXR/STX/ST cards, and I can tell you I don't hear any of the electrostatic sounds most people are worried with a DAC inside the computer case, as it has a metal case to protect the components from it. Out of your list of sound cards, the ZXR is an especially good deal at $189, I bought it at $229 last year but returned it to get my current refurb Titanium HD for $70. It also has the best 3D positioning technology out of the bunch, and especially comparing to the STX which is a much older card, it's a steal at the current price.
- Help! Budget AMP worth of Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › what COMPANY makes the best headphones 2 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 16 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 28 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 49 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige SR80 Headband Headphones - Black 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 3 minutes ago
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 3 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)