or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS - Page 46

post #676 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardstyleLoco96 View Post

Hmm, well the main songs are. The Prodigy Breath. Plastic Angel Call The Galaxy Taxi. Eye D & Dj Hidden Ascender. Eye D & Dj Hidden Battlefield. Eye D & Dj Hidden Break You. Dizze Rascal Bang Bang. Dizze Rascal I Don't Need A Reason. Eye D & Dj Hidden Speedbump. Borgeous Gangsterous. Borgeous Agro. The Partysquad How Many Dj's Daim House Remix. Those are all the main songs tongue.gif I dont know why the links don't work im going to try to sort it out. Try as many songs let me know how they go smily_headphones1.gif

i only tried a few songs so far like the deep bass in the beginning of the plastic angel the galaxy taxi, the xs has no problem reproducing it. its pretty intense no farting or anything of that sort 

 

dizze rascal i don't need a reason- the beginning it sounds like it would get harsh on, on the xs they tone this down, again the bass is really deep throughout the song, his rap is crystal clear and the bass never gets out of hand, the song is pretty numbbing to get through due to the bass

 

eye d & dj hidden break u- it really shows the xs's punchy bass it got me bobbing my head. however i would say since this song is really fast i feel like the bass is having a bit of difficulty keeping up. but again its really a minor quibble and for the most part like 90% its really clean. it definitely has a bit of an expansive atmospheric feel to it on the xs.

 

i think xs suites these songs really well toning down any of the harsh recordings i found on youtube (its actually a really forgiving headphone) doesn't butcher badly recorded songs. so if your using any streaming services or anything its pretty sweet. if you scale to higher bitrate its gets better but again if your looking for transparency and every single detail, you might not like the xs. not to say their not good, i would tilt them more on the smoother end than pure articulation

post #677 of 945

Can these be used with a Galaxy S4? Or would an amp be needed.

post #678 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoHear View Post
 

Can these be used with a Galaxy S4? Or would an amp be needed.

 

An amp isn't needed to power these...  Depending on your internal DAC/AMP, it may be wise to use an external amp though (for better quality). 

post #679 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

i only tried a few songs so far like the deep bass in the beginning of the plastic angel the galaxy taxi, the xs has no problem reproducing it. its pretty intense no farting or anything of that sort 

dizze rascal i don't need a reason- the beginning it sounds like it would get harsh on, on the xs they tone this down, again the bass is really deep throughout the song, his rap is crystal clear and the bass never gets out of hand, the song is pretty numbbing to get through due to the bass

eye d & dj hidden break u- it really shows the xs's punchy bass it got me bobbing my head. however i would say since this song is really fast i feel like the bass is having a bit of difficulty keeping up. but again its really a minor quibble and for the most part like 90% its really clean. it definitely has a bit of an expansive atmospheric feel to it on the xs.

i think xs suites these songs really well toning down any of the harsh recordings i found on youtube (its actually a really forgiving headphone) doesn't butcher badly recorded songs. so if your using any streaming services or anything its pretty sweet. if you scale to higher bitrate its gets better but again if your looking for transparency and every single detail, you might not like the xs. not to say their not good, i would tilt them more on the smoother end than pure articulation
Would you say the M100 would do a better job though? I found them in like new condition on amazon for a low price
Edited by HardstyleLoco96 - 6/1/14 at 11:24pm
post #680 of 945

Are there any alternatives Ear Pads for these?

post #681 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardstyleLoco96 View Post

Would you say the M100 would do a better job though? I found them in like new condition on amazon for a low price
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardstyleLoco96 View Post

Would you say the M100 would do a better job though? I found them in like new condition on amazon for a low price

I dont have the m100s with me anymore but id say from memory for your genre of music the m100s would excel. Afterall thats what their tailored after
Edited by Tom22 - 6/2/14 at 8:03am
post #682 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

i only tried a few songs so far like the deep bass in the beginning of the plastic angel the galaxy taxi, the xs has no problem reproducing it. its pretty intense no farting or anything of that sort 

dizze rascal i don't need a reason- the beginning it sounds like it would get harsh on, on the xs they tone this down, again the bass is really deep throughout the song, his rap is crystal clear and the bass never gets out of hand, the song is pretty numbbing to get through due to the bass

eye d & dj hidden break u- it really shows the xs's punchy bass it got me bobbing my head. however i would say since this song is really fast i feel like the bass is having a bit of difficulty keeping up. but again its really a minor quibble and for the most part like 90% its really clean. it definitely has a bit of an expansive atmospheric feel to it on the xs.

i think xs suites these songs really well toning down any of the harsh recordings i found on youtube (its actually a really forgiving headphone) doesn't butcher badly recorded songs. so if your using any streaming services or anything its pretty sweet. if you scale to higher bitrate its gets better but again if your looking for transparency and every single detail, you might not like the xs. not to say their not good, i would tilt them more on the smoother end than pure articulation
you do know that bassy headphones don't sound like farts right? Maybe if you play a fart through them, but deep bass doesn't sound like farts... I found that electronic music requires a headphone with good treble, and non-recessed mids. You need the whole spectrum to appreciate everything. Believe it or not, but monster beats studios really suck eggs for electronic. They sound decent for hip hop, but on electronic music headphones with too much bass sound horrid imo.
Edited by DisCHORDDubstep - 6/2/14 at 7:43am
post #683 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


you do know that bassy headphones don't sound like farts right? Maybe if you play a fart through them, but deep bass doesn't sound like farts... I found that electronic music requires a headphone with good treble, and non-recessed mids. You need the whole spectrum to appreciate everything. Believe it or not, but monster beats studios really suck eggs for electronic. They sound decent for hip hop, but on electronic music headphones with too much bass sound horrid imo.

 

well what i trying to convey was the fact that the xs doesn't have the tightest bass or the quickest bass decay (it kinda lingers), so in terms of fast bass notes i would think the m100s fair better on them and it reaches lower. i actually think my gr07be was able to easily keep up with those bass notes, due to the quicker, tighter bass.

 

another example with iems (i have more iems >headphones so i'm more familiar with them) the monster turbines i own have a lot of bass (subbass and midbass) more so subbass but again it wasn't the tightest, but its faster than the xs i find. but not as punchy in the midbass as the xs.

 

but the gr07be might not be bassy enough for most people (its still relatively neutral, more so than the xs) again this might be a fair comparison since one is a iem and the other is an on ear. 

 

regarding what your saying on electronic music requiring full spectrum to appreciate everything. thats really your preference. the xs as i stated before in another post is in the bassy region but some people want more bass in that kinda genre, and the xs might not do it for them

 

but even then for the time i had the m100s, sounded fantastic which by your definition doesn't cover the entire spectrum because of the "laid back or recessed mids". and many on the owners of the m100s feel the same like on the m100 thread.

 

the new beats studios i find are pretty good with electronic music. they have a bit of a scoop after the midbass but overall a pleasant listening experience. the lower treble is not as edgy i find as what some people say.

 

in the end, i was just giving my thoughts you another potential xs buyer, no harm no foul. if you disagree thats cool too, YMMV.

post #684 of 945
So would you say that I should go and buy a pair of lp's because I want more bass on classical? Because that's what I'm taking away from this. I am a gigantic electronic music fan, and I can say that there is hundreds of styles, and the differences between them can be as clear as going from death metal to country. Have you ever heard of orchestral progstep? Well, look up "Straw hat pirates instrumental" by omnitica, and then "Rage" by moxix, and then over to "Nightfall" by rogue.
post #685 of 945
In the type of electronic I usually listen to, beats and other bassy headphones sound horrid. It may work well for other types of electronic, but a lot require midrange and highs to really shine.
post #686 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

So would you say that I should go and buy a pair of lp's because I want more bass on classical? Because that's what I'm taking away from this. I am a gigantic electronic music fan, and I can say that there is hundreds of styles, and the differences between them can be as clear as going from death metal to country. Have you ever heard of orchestral progstep? Well, look up "Straw hat pirates instrumental" by omnitica, and then "Rage" by moxix, and then over to "Nightfall" by rogue.

Id say if thats what u want, get the lps. Its about what you like, theres no such thing as " you listen to classical music so you cant get the lps or the m100s you need to get a pair of overear momentums or whatever.

If it sounds good to you thats really all that matters, again what i like may not be what you like, so just cause i feel the xs might not be as well suited for the genres he listed doesnt mean he wont like the xs as well
post #687 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

In the type of electronic I usually listen to, beats and other bassy headphones sound horrid. It may work well for other types of electronic, but a lot require midrange and highs to really shine.

Then those headphones arent for you, but even here on head fi ull find supports for beats as well, and its not because their uneducated or whatever, they might actually like what thoses headphones are putting out.
post #688 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

Then those headphones arent for you, but even here on head fi ull find supports for beats as well, and its not because their uneducated or whatever, they might actually like what thoses headphones are putting out.
I just find it slightly ridiculous. I don't know a single person that would prefer an LP over an HD800 for classical... The headphones you have determines how much you enjoy a genre. For hip hop would I take bassy headphones over hd800? HECK YEAH! My point is that really bassy headphones don't work as well for electronic as most people on this site think. I see people grouping electronic in with rap and hip hop, and suggesting headphones with heavy or light bass curves to both. No. Most don't listen to a lot of electronic, so most don't know. A bassy curve will work best with only a tiny percentage of the genre. That tiny percent is mainly skrillex and a few others. A lot of people probably come on here, ask for a good headphone for electronic, and get v-moda, DJ headphones, etc, and get a headphone that might not be an appropriate choice. I'm buying a pair of headphones with a 55mm carbon nanotube diaphragm kelton style subwoofer. That is going to be used for heavy bass driven songs and dj'ing.
Edited by DisCHORDDubstep - 6/2/14 at 9:45am
post #689 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


I just find it slightly ridiculous. I don't know a single person that would prefer an LP over an HD800 for classical... The headphones you have determines how much you enjoy a genre. For hip hop would I take bassy headphones over hd800? HECK YEAH! My point is that really bassy headphones don't work as well for electronic as most people on this site think. I see people grouping electronic in with rap and hip hop, and suggesting headphones with heavy or light bass curves to both. No. Most don't listen to a lot of electronic, so most don't know. A bassy curve will work best with only a tiny percentage of the genre. That tiny percent is mainly skrillex and a few others. A lot of people probably come on here, ask for a good headphone for electronic, and get v-moda, DJ headphones, etc, and get a headphone that might not be an appropriate choice. I'm buying a pair of headphones with a 55mm carbon nanotube diaphragm kelton style subwoofer. That is going to be used for heavy bass driven songs and dj'ing.

thats like comparing 

 with GoodFon.ru

 

 

 

i hate to put a price on things but the lps are like 100$ now and the hd 800s are nearing the 1000s. not a fair comparison. 

if you like a song/genre you like the song/genre really. if you think before the time you got into this headphone hobby, i'm sure you liked songs for what it is despite what your really listening from. for me, when i was young, it was backstreet boys, i want it that way. it didnt matter where i heard it, on a crappy radio, on a pair of headphones, over the pa at school (we play songs as a way to signal its time for class). i loved that song. 

 

i'm not the biggest fan of rap or hip hop but does that mean getting the "best" headphone will make me like that genre? (i hate using that word cause i don't believe there is a "best" headphone) 

 

this is really deviating from the thread topic so id like to really end it here. 

post #690 of 945
I found a genre I thought sounded like **** prior to owning a headphone sounded amazing after I got it... I shouldn't say the headphone itself, but moreover the sound signature. I'm not talking like a supremacist audiophile here. I'm talking real. I didn't say there is a best or worst headphone, but I really think the headphone you use makes you hear the music in a different way. Btw, I'm done talking. Sorry for interrupting. I just need to tell people bassy headphones don't work for all electronic.
Edited by DisCHORDDubstep - 6/2/14 at 10:35am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS