Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS - Page 25

post #361 of 845
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteebin View Post

oops! been wearing an over-ear like it's on-ears! gives it that open-back headphone, airy sound! tongue.gif

Finally! Someone who gets what I'm talking about! biggrin.gif
When you wear the XS properly, its sound is AMAZING. Wear it wrong, and it sounds like an open-back headphone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existence View Post

So the way it should fit is like a circle. It's perfectly round. Now. Imagine a circle all the way around your head. It's round.




The XS' fit on your head should look as if they were a small semicircle, the whole circle going round your head. Almost hugging it, which is the whole MIND THE GAP campaign, hugging your head comfortably, but reducing the gap, making it look more natural.

With the drivers not too angled, not too flat. This will help you get a good seal, but just try all the clicks and see if that helps.


This sounds like gibberish but it actually works.
That's a picture of the M-100 and it's being worn incorrectly.
I assure you it's a XS. I don't have my M100 at the moment, and when I do, they're in Shadow color, not matte.
post #362 of 845

Photographer? You don't say?

post #363 of 845
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post



Photographer? You don't say?
iPod? You don't say? No need to flame. Not a photographer at all.
post #364 of 845
Thread Starter 
I'm done talking about the fit. Can we please talk about something else?
post #365 of 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachharpo View Post

I have both the se215 and the XS. To me there is no comparison. The only advantage the se215 has over the XS IMO is isolation.

This. I cannot for the life of me understand what people hear in the se215. Sure, it's cheap, but it has an annoying hump around 1.5k that made sone songs unlistenable. I sold them after about 3 weeks.

I don't have the M80, only the XS so I can't directly compare. But gathered from comments about the M80, I'd say the low end is probably similar. Otherwise the Shure has much more forward mids, harsh high mids and no treble extension. They're also uncomfortable and have a stupid cable.

Sorry if it seems harsh, but I bought them based on all the positive reviews, but I'm still baffled to this day as to what they were based on. Probably just for the fact that they are sub 100$ in-ears.
post #366 of 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Existence View Post

Finally! Someone who gets what I'm talking about! biggrin.gif
When you wear the XS properly, its sound is AMAZING. Wear it wrong, and it sounds like an open-back headphone.
I assure you it's a XS. I don't have my M100 at the moment, and when I do, they're in Shadow color, not matte.

Im pretty sure he was being sarcastic anyways, the xs sound great to me mind you everyone just have a different opinion on them because we all came from different gear.

I came from the hifiman re400 and the vsonic gr07 be and at first i thought the xs was a bit too bassy to be called "balanced". And thought the treble was a bit too polite (laid back) for me.

Its not perfect But i like the xs for what it is.

So next time remember that before u call out everyone for not wearing them correctly. Im pretty sure wear wearing them correctly (and we fiddled around with the fit, why? Cause we're head -fiers we do that sorta thing)
post #367 of 845
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existence View Post

Finally! Someone who gets what I'm talking about! biggrin.gif
When you wear the XS properly, its sound is AMAZING. Wear it wrong, and it sounds like an open-back headphone.
I assure you it's a XS. I don't have my M100 at the moment, and when I do, they're in Shadow color, not matte.

Im pretty sure he was being sarcastic anyways, the xs sound great to me mind you everyone just have a different opinion on them because we all came from different gear.

I came from the hifiman re400 and the vsonic gr07 be and at first i thought the xs was a bit too bassy to be called "balanced". And thought the treble was a bit too polite (laid back) for me.

Its not perfect But i like the xs for what it is.

So next time remember that before u call out everyone for not wearing them correctly. Im pretty sure wear wearing them correctly (and we fiddled around with the fit, why? Cause we're head -fiers we do that sorta thing)
I was joking as well. I kind of thought that the full caps and the reference to the meme would work. Don't always take me seriously. :P

I came from the m100s. I have no other over ear or on ear headphone besides V-MODA. I do have Senn IEMS and V-MODA IEMS, though.
post #368 of 845

sorry if it seems like i'm spamming, but i want to stir some discussion especially for current xs and previous m80 owners

 

i do notice a bit of bass bleed into the mids (nothing huge) but definitely noticeable,

 

for the m80s did anyone listen to them extensively (or burned them in) enough for that bass bleed to disappear?

 

if so how many hours of listening and burn it? i'm burning them in now (i'm still new to burn in, and i worry about the drivers on the xs!--> i'm doing it along with my jvc fxd80s (using the dual inputs =) haha putting it to good use!)

 

i hope i'm not starting some huge debate

 

i wanna throw this question out there for this and the other thread so forgive me if you see this twice

post #369 of 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

sorry if it seems like i'm spamming, but i want to stir some discussion especially for current xs and previous m80 owners

i do notice a bit of bass bleed into the mids (nothing huge) but definitely noticeable,

for the m80s did anyone listen to them extensively (or burned them in) enough for that bass bleed to disappear?

if so how many hours of listening and burn it? i'm burning them in now (i'm still new to burn in, and i worry about the drivers on the xs!--> i'm doing it along with my jvc fxd80s (using the dual inputs =) haha putting it to good use!)

i hope i'm not starting some huge debate

i wanna throw this question out there for this and the other thread so forgive me if you see this twice
I've had my V-80 for over 2 years and I don't think the bass bleed, as you put it, will ever disappear. That's the M-80's signature and it's something that the XS has addressed. I also haven't noticed the effects of burn-in with any of my V-MODA headphones. Out the box and a year after sounded the same to me when I did comparisons of both new and old models of the M-80 and M-100.
post #370 of 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post


I've had my V-80 for over 2 years and I don't think the bass bleed, as you put it, will ever disappear. That's the M-80's signature and it's something that the XS has addressed. I also haven't noticed the effects of burn-in with any of my V-MODA headphones. Out the box and a year after sounded the same to me when I did comparisons of both new and old models of the M-80 and M-100.

hope i didn't offend anyone like it was only noticeable when i was really a/bing compare to my other gear but on its own its really just adds to its smoothness (i think it was the same for the b&w p5 which actually made it sound so smooth)

post #371 of 845
Thread Starter 
Post your designs of engraving with you XS here!
If you need help fitting your design to a printable Illustrator (ai) file, I can help.
post #372 of 845

Was there any mention anywhere of a RRP for Europe, specifically the UK? I've ordered directly from V-Moda but it's stuck in customs for 4 days now and it only took 3 to get here! :mad:

 

Just wondering if I've overpaid including the 30% customs charges I will no doubt get charged with... I assume it's going to be around the £200 mark in which case I've paid just a little bit less.

post #373 of 845
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesonofkrypton View Post

Was there any mention anywhere of a RRP for Europe, specifically the UK? I've ordered directly from V-Moda but it's stuck in customs for 4 days now and it only took 3 to get here! mad.gif

Just wondering if I've overpaid including the 30% customs charges I will no doubt get charged with... I assume it's going to be around the £200 mark in which case I've paid just a little bit less.
Last time I was in UK and bought from v-moda I had to pay £45 vat on $230USD headphones. No one sells v-moda in shops lol.
post #374 of 845

Yeah I know that I meant like the RRP on Amazon.  With the m-100 marked at £270 rrp, I assume XS is aiming at the 200 mark over here.  

Was hoping V-Moda might of been able to mark down like most US stores I buy from but I guess it's a risk for them.

post #375 of 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesonofkrypton View Post

Was there any mention anywhere of a RRP for Europe, specifically the UK? I've ordered directly from V-Moda but it's stuck in customs for 4 days now and it only took 3 to get here! mad.gif

Just wondering if I've overpaid including the 30% customs charges I will no doubt get charged with... I assume it's going to be around the £200 mark in which case I've paid just a little bit less.

I had to pay 30€ for shipping plus another 47€ for customs. Total came to about 240€ or $330.

Good luck.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS