Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS - Page 13

post #181 of 747

I got my XS today - first impressions - this is probably the most comfortable on ear I have tried.    The M-100 was too small for me, and I found it very uncomfortable (didn't try the XL pads). The M-80 clamped too hard and was pretty uncomfortable after a short period... I have been wearing the XS all afternoon and I still find them comfortable.

 

Isolation -- not that great. I can hear myself type while wearing them, I can hear my mouse click no problem... I was really hoping I would be able to wear these on a plane (and cut out some noise) but I would probably have to crank the volume way up

 

Sound -- very good. I found the M-100 to be too bass heavy, The XS sounds very good. Slightly warm, bass isn't muddy at all. Fairly balanced sound, the treble does seem to roll off a tiny bit.

 

Soundstage - pretty small. I just did a quick switch from the XS to HD800 --- HUGE difference.

 

Overall I am VERY happy with them. Comfortable, good sounding, lightweight, very portable.   My only wish would be a bit more isolation.

post #182 of 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh7000 View Post

I got my XS today - first impressions - this is probably the most comfortable on ear I have tried.    The M-100 was too small for me, and I found it very uncomfortable (didn't try the XL pads). The M-80 clamped too hard and was pretty uncomfortable after a short period... I have been wearing the XS all afternoon and I still find them comfortable.

Isolation -- not that great. I can hear myself type while wearing them, I can hear my mouse click no problem... I was really hoping I would be able to wear these on a plane (and cut out some noise) but I would probably have to crank the volume way up

Sound -- very good. I found the M-100 to be too bass heavy, The XS sounds very good. Slightly warm, bass isn't muddy at all. Fairly balanced sound, the treble does seem to roll off a tiny bit.

Soundstage - pretty small. I just did a quick switch from the XS to HD800 --- HUGE difference.

Overall I am VERY happy with them. Comfortable, good sounding, lightweight, very portable.   My only wish would be a bit more isolation.

Can u take them on the public transit (does it isolate enuf)? Or at least in a busy cafeteria??
post #183 of 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post


Can u take them on the public transit (does it isolate enuf)? Or at least in a busy cafeteria??


I can't speak for the XS, but I take my V-80 on the subway and into cafes all the time.

post #184 of 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post


Can u take them on the public transit (does it isolate enuf)? Or at least in a busy cafeteria??

If you are listening at lower volume levels, you will hear what is going on around you.  If listening at a moderate level, you shouldn't notice much noise... I think it would be fine on a bus/subway... I will be trying them on a plane in about a month.

post #185 of 747
At moderate volume it's been just fine on the subway.
post #186 of 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post


I can't speak for the XS, but I take my V-80 on the subway and into cafes all the time.

If u dun mind me asking, what device are u using and how loud??

Im probably running them off my iphone or fiioe6+ itouch.

Im demoing the m100s on my commute and in public places
i put them around 45-50% on my iphone

On my fiio e6 volume 10.

But this is probably because of the recessed mids of the m100s
post #187 of 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by roma101 View Post

At moderate volume it's been just fine on the subway.

Sickkk i dont wanna blow out my eardrums (thats wht i went for iems before) but these xs are too nice to pass up
post #188 of 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh7000 View Post
 

I got my XS today - first impressions - this is probably the most comfortable on ear I have tried.    The M-100 was too small for me, and I found it very uncomfortable (didn't try the XL pads). The M-80 clamped too hard and was pretty uncomfortable after a short period... I have been wearing the XS all afternoon and I still find them comfortable.

 

Isolation -- not that great. I can hear myself type while wearing them, I can hear my mouse click no problem... I was really hoping I would be able to wear these on a plane (and cut out some noise) but I would probably have to crank the volume way up

 

Sound -- very good. I found the M-100 to be too bass heavy, The XS sounds very good. Slightly warm, bass isn't muddy at all. Fairly balanced sound, the treble does seem to roll off a tiny bit.

 

Soundstage - pretty small. I just did a quick switch from the XS to HD800 --- HUGE difference.

 

Overall I am VERY happy with them. Comfortable, good sounding, lightweight, very portable.   My only wish would be a bit more isolation.

 

Nice! If the bass has been controlled, I'm in...

post #189 of 747
So, the m80's are a bit big for me on the smallest setting, same with the m100's, my way of dealing with this is by putting a cloth between the headband and my head. However, not having to do that would be great. So u guys that already have the xs, would u say the earcups end up higher or even further down on the xs compared to the m80's? The top of the cups is in the middle of my ear almost. Thanks. smily_headphones1.gif
post #190 of 747
I would say it's about the same. I have it on the same setting (two notches clicked on each side) as I would the M-80. Don't know if it's a different experience for anyone else.
post #191 of 747

I'm heading out to Las Vegas tomorrow for a week; does anyone know of a dealer/store there where I could pick up a pair of the XS?  I know they are available online, but I wonder if any retail outlets actually have them available for sale.  I know there is an Apple store in the Fashion Show Mall on the strip; I wonder if they would have them.

post #192 of 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by roma101 View Post

I would say it's about the same. I have it on the same setting (two notches clicked on each side) as I would the M-80. Don't know if it's a different experience for anyone else.

 

Same for me as well.

post #193 of 747

Few more observations on the XS...

 

These have very little clamping force (which is why I find them so comfortable)... but I have to get them adjusted just right to get a good seal or the bass can be a bit lacking.

 

I normally wear IEMs on the treadmill (which isolate VERY well) - today I wore the XS. Isolation on the XS is just average, but I was able to listen to a movie comfortably at about 1/2 volume.  I was able to move around quite a bit and I had no fear of these falling off my head.

 

Comfort is still awesome. Not as anywhere as good as my HD800s...but for at on-ear headphone, I am very happy!

post #194 of 747
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh7000 View Post

 
I got my XS today - first impressions - this is probably the most comfortable on ear I have tried.    The M-100 was too small for me, and I found it very uncomfortable (didn't try the XL pads). The M-80 clamped too hard and was pretty uncomfortable after a short period... I have been wearing the XS all afternoon and I still find them comfortable.

Isolation -- not that great. I can hear myself type while wearing them, I can hear my mouse click no problem... I was really hoping I would be able to wear these on a plane (and cut out some noise) but I would probably have to crank the volume way up

Sound -- very good. I found the M-100 to be too bass heavy, The XS sounds very good. Slightly warm, bass isn't muddy at all. Fairly balanced sound, the treble does seem to roll off a tiny bit.

Soundstage - pretty small. I just did a quick switch from the XS to HD800 --- HUGE difference.

Overall I am VERY happy with them. Comfortable, good sounding, lightweight, very portable.   My only wish would be a bit more isolation.

Nice! If the bass has been controlled, I'm in...
But, you're comparing the XS to the M100. The XS is meant to be an on-the-move can, meaning the isolation is minimal. If the isolation was as good as the M100, you might get hit by a car on full volume. smily_headphones1.gif
I'm looking forward to getting my XS - they shipped today. Isolation may be a big thing for me, but a fix for this is to widen the pads so you get more space in them. You can do this with electrical wire (small wire, kind of like a macbook cable) and it'll widen the pads just that little bit more.
post #195 of 747
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh7000 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

Can u take them on the public transit (does it isolate enuf)? Or at least in a busy cafeteria??
If you are listening at lower volume levels, you will hear what is going on around you.  If listening at a moderate level, you shouldn't notice much noise... I think it would be fine on a bus/subway... I will be trying them on a plane in about a month.
I've tried both the LP2 and the M100 on a plane. The LP2 isolate better (both cans had XL pads on them) due to no folding.
When you get your XS', every time you fold them, then unfold them, squish the pads together. I do this with my XL pads on my M100 after folding, it allows air into the pads, which raises the pads, getting a better seal - lowdown; better isolation and sound.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS