Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › iFi nano iCAN. "Name that Attenuator" competition. Winner no. 1 winner of iCAN nano is...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iFi nano iCAN. "Name that Attenuator" competition. Winner no. 1 winner of iCAN nano is... - Page 30

post #436 of 445
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1f1add1cted View Post
 

Is there any way to buy this in Germany? I already owned a iCAN nano which is very great.

 

Hi,

 

Trouble you to contact:

 

info@wodaudio.de  / +49 (6187) 900 077

 

They will look after you.

post #437 of 445

Thanks, from this shop I got my iFi amp too.

post #438 of 445

Hello,

 

any word on the adapter availability for non-iFi-gadget owners/buyers?

 

From what I have been reading, I am pretty sure there is a lot of demand for a professional solution along the lines you have. The demand comes from mid-to-high-end IEM owners who would like to use their favorite amps having too high gain or channel impedance at low volume or hiss issues with their efficient IEMs.

 

And I was really surprised that I could not find a commercial impedance adapter with the specs you gave on the market, at least so far.

 

I would definitely buy one or two immediately.

 

 

N.B.: "Professional" above equals in my thinking the below characteristics:

- adapter has high input impedance ( > 30 ohm) and low output impedance (<3 ohm)

- is made using matched high quality resistors capable of taking the power diffusion to heat while securing enough impedance for the amp to avoid problems, and

- is made using decent quality plugs and wires.

 

Instead of using plain resistor-in-series type of solution that to my understanding messes the output impedance of the amp and hence often the frequency response of the IEMs.

 

Thanks in advance for any update on the availability!

 

See below for some interesting reads I found on similar subjects:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/198828/the-hissbuster-for-sensitive-headphones

http://www.head-fi.org/t/601669/impedance-adapters-cables-explained-listed

http://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/attenuators/l-pad-attenuator.html

post #439 of 445
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr J View Post
 

Hello,

 

any word on the adapter availability for non-iFi-gadget owners/buyers?

 

From what I have been reading, I am pretty sure there is a lot of demand for a professional solution along the lines you have. The demand comes from mid-to-high-end IEM owners who would like to use their favorite amps having too high gain or channel impedance at low volume or hiss issues with their efficient IEMs.

 

And I was really surprised that I could not find a commercial impedance adapter with the specs you gave on the market, at least so far.

 

I would definitely buy one or two immediately.

 

 

N.B.: "Professional" above equals in my thinking the below characteristics:

- adapter has high input impedance ( > 30 ohm) and low output impedance (<3 ohm)

- is made using matched high quality resistors capable of taking the power diffusion to heat while securing enough impedance for the amp to avoid problems, and

- is made using decent quality plugs and wires.

 

Instead of using plain resistor-in-series type of solution that to my understanding messes the output impedance of the amp and hence often the frequency response of the IEMs.

 

Thanks in advance for any update on the availability!

 

See below for some interesting reads I found on similar subjects:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/198828/the-hissbuster-for-sensitive-headphones

http://www.head-fi.org/t/601669/impedance-adapters-cables-explained-listed

http://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/attenuators/l-pad-attenuator.html

 

Thanks Dr J.

 

Once we have supplied iFi customers, we'll take a look at making this for non-iFi customers.

 

We are quite backlogged so please give us a bit of time.

 

We have printed off your comments and passed onto our tech team.

post #440 of 445

Thanks for the update, will wait patiently :).

post #441 of 445

unfortunately i am not currently an iFI customer, but i would LOVE to buy one of these.  and then i would be an iFI customer :).  anyway, subscribing to this thread and registering my interest.  i would buy immediately when available.  i live in USA.

post #442 of 445

So, how exactly do we buy one of these?

 

I've got an ifi iDac that I purchased a few weeks ago.  I contacted ifi and they gave me the name of their distributor in the US.  I've contacted them twice and they still haven't gotten back to me.

 

I wish this was easier to purchase, or they just put a gain switch on their products =/

post #443 of 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by terance View Post
 

So, how exactly do we buy one of these?

 

I've got an ifi iDac that I purchased a few weeks ago.  I contacted ifi and they gave me the name of their distributor in the US.  I've contacted them twice and they still haven't gotten back to me.

 

I wish this was easier to purchase, or they just put a gain switch on their products =/

 

to be honest, this is the only thing holding me back from getting the nano idsd for my iem's.  I called my local ifi dealer and they didn't have a clue as to how to get the ifi attenuator.

post #444 of 445

The attenuators work like a charm. That being said Im not sure if Avatar Acoustics still have them in stock. I paid triple for the shipping actually to just get this as soon as possible. lol. Good people at Avatar Acoustics though.

post #445 of 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
 

 

to be honest, this is the only thing holding me back from getting the nano idsd for my iem's.  I called my local ifi dealer and they didn't have a clue as to how to get the ifi attenuator.

The pair of them is $45.

 

If I had known that before buying the iCan, I probably would have just chosen another amp.

 

It kind of sucks paying $45 for something that should have just been built into the amp and is in almost every other ifi product already.

 

That being said, I've used mine for a few months now and really enjoy it.  I don't enjoy carrying around the adapters though, they are quite small and could easily be lost.  Did I mention that they cost $45?  That's kind of crazy.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › iFi nano iCAN. "Name that Attenuator" competition. Winner no. 1 winner of iCAN nano is...