Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet - Page 17

post #241 of 260

Help please, no local shop here has the HE-500 on hand.

 

Can the CL Duet power the HE-500 with no compromises or run them with authority in other words.

Plan on buying the HE-500 in a few weeks

 

Chain will be Laptop > CLAS -db > Duet > HE-500

 

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

post #242 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by journey2nirvana View Post
 

Chain will be Laptop > CLAS -db > Duet > HE-500

 

I don't see any problem with that. The DUET has enough power to drive the HE500.

post #243 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightwalker View Post
 

 

I don't see any problem with that. The DUET has enough power to drive the HE500.

 

Thanks! 

 

Will be adopting an HE-500 soon.

post #244 of 260

Just out of curiosity, does the Duet feature an op-amp or is it fully discrete? 

post #245 of 260
Would anyone mind sharing impressions of the Duet paired with the K712, LCD-2 (Fazor), T90 and, although it was brought up a few posts ago, the HE-500? Phenomenologically rich descriptions are preferred!
post #246 of 260
I am interested about construction of Duet too!
post #247 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schopenhauer View Post

Would anyone mind sharing impressions of the Duet paired with the K712, LCD-2 (Fazor), T90 and, although it was brought up a few posts ago, the HE-500? Phenomenologically rich descriptions are preferred!

Thread's dead?

post #248 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schopenhauer View Post
 

Thread's dead?

 

I guess no one (active) here has the K712, LCD-2, T90, nor HE-500 with the Duet. It's a pity, I think the CLAS/Duet rigs are a blast but doesnt' get as much love as it deserves.

post #249 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

I guess no one (active) here has the K712, LCD-2, T90, nor HE-500 with the Duet. It's a pity, I think the CLAS/Duet rigs are a blast but doesnt' get as much love as it deserves.

It really is a pity. I'll read around and see if I can find the relevant testimonials. I'm just curious if it offers sound (roughly) on the level of hifi stay at home systems.
post #250 of 260
I also agree, I Love my solo db & duet rig! I only rock IEM and I honestly can say Cypher Labs delivers top of the class products! I recently purchace the new AK100 ii and for its size it is great but to me it don't come close to my Cypher Labs stack! First Class sound and top notch construction.
post #251 of 260

Yes Cypher Labs CLAS + CL Duet = :)

 

i am very happy with them, if it can help other's they sound amazing with V-Moda XS, V-Moda M100 & LCD X.

 

They are more than capable to drive your music with the head phones i have owned (can't say for other headphones that i don't have experience) as a transportable rig with out missing your desktop Rig.

 

MY desk top rig is LapTop > X-Sabre > Burson Soloist > Headphones (my baseline vs CLAS + Duet)

 

i was just not sure with the HE-500 even if my experience is good with the LCD X. 

 

my plan is LCD x at home and HE-500 @ the office.

 

midnightwalker confirmed that Laptop > CLAS > CL Duet > HE 500 would be fine or he did not see any problems.

 

so now i am saving up for a HE-500 or might just go for a HE-560 still deciding.

 

if i cant try them out for myself yes i trust others opinions here at the forum, they have lead me in the right so far :wink: 


Edited by journey2nirvana - 8/13/14 at 1:56pm
post #252 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by journey2nirvana View Post
 

Yes Cypher Labs CLAS + CL Duet = :)

 

i am very happy with them, if it can help other's they sound amazing with V-Moda XS, V-Moda M100 & LCD X.

 

They are more than capable to drive your music with the head phones i have owned (can't say for other headphones that i don't have experience) as a transportable rig with out missing your desktop Rig.

 

MY desk top rig is LapTop > X-Sabre > Burson Soloist > Headphones (my baseline vs CLAS + Duet)

 

i was just not sure with the HE-500 even if my experience is good with the LCD X. 

 

my plan is LCD x at home and HE-500 @ the office.

 

midnightwalker confirmed that Laptop > CLAS > CL Duet > HE 500 would be fine or he did not see any problems.

 

so now i am saving up for a HE-500 or might just go for a HE-560 still deciding.

 

if i cant try them out for myself yes i trust others opinions here at the forum, they have lead me in the right so far :wink: 

Excellent, thanks. I might pull the trigger on a Duet in the next few weeks. If so, I'll let you know how it pairs with the HE-500. But I just heard/read somewhere that the HE-500 was discontinued. I need to confirm this. In any event, I've heard great things about the Soloist + HE-500 pairing. So you might be covered either way.

post #253 of 260
post #254 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC_SL View Post

http://hifiman.com/Products/?pid=197

Go on.

post #255 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

I guess no one (active) here has the K712, LCD-2, T90, nor HE-500 with the Duet. It's a pity, I think the CLAS/Duet rigs are a blast but doesnt' get as much love as it deserves.


It seems to me cypher labs products don really get much love.....even the Picollo, I posted in the thread and nobody responded at all........

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet