Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet - Page 16

post #226 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by maricius View Post
 

Is anyone gonna volunteer to make a AlgoRhythm Picollo thread or is it too early? I'm honestly quite excited to how'd they sound compared to the Duet for sensitive headphones and IEMs

 

I've started one :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/724709/cypherlabs-algorhythm-picollo-impressions-thread

 

Includes unboxing too but I'm running out for dinner so no time to test it.

post #227 of 251
Please try it Duet Amps as double amping :
SQ is incredible , No distorsion


post #228 of 251

It looks like triple amps to me :blink:

post #229 of 251
If only I had the spare cash to get another Duet…
post #230 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightwalker View Post

It looks like triple amps to me blink.gif

Thank you
You are right , if you account The amp Section on AK 100 Gold , these are 3 amping biggrin.gif
post #231 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by maricius View Post

If only I had the spare cash to get another Duet…

If you have chance please try it First before you buy another Duet

Please read My impression below

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716203/please-share-your-opinion-and-impression-with-double-amping-in-your-portable-rigs
post #232 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

If you have chance please try it First before you buy another Duet

Please read My impression below

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716203/please-share-your-opinion-and-impression-with-double-amping-in-your-portable-rigs

Yes Rudi!! I actually visited your thread just last night!! Interesting concept. I think it would be like tube amp where very slight distortion but more enjoyable sound
post #233 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by maricius View Post

Yes Rudi!! I actually visited your thread just last night!! Interesting concept. I think it would be like tube amp where very slight distortion but more enjoyable sound

Hi Mericius
If you like Tube pre amp , please buy Wagnus Tube pre amp Valvola , you Will like it , Valvola is pure Tube pre amp 1 :1 No volume control
post #234 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post


Hi Mericius
If you like Tube pre amp , please buy Wagnus Tube pre amp Valvola , you Will like it , Valvola is pure Tube pre amp 1 :1 No volume control

 

I mean to say double amping is like tube amp!! Double amping may have slight distortion like how tube amps have slight distortion but also more euphonic sound quality

 

Also, I cannot buy Wagnus Valvola as I'm saving my money for iFi micro iDSD DAC/amp and HiFiMan HE-560. You should really look at it too!! I think Cypher Labs will have new competition… maybe even Chord Hugo will have competition. 

 

Rudi, please check it out

 

http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/micro-idsd/

 

http://www.technoheadphone.com/amplifier-dac/dac/ifi-audio-micro-idsd-features/

 

I hope my Duet won't become useless once I get this.

post #235 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by maricius View Post

I mean to say double amping is like tube amp!! Double amping may have slight distortion like how tube amps have slight distortion but also more euphonic sound quality

Also, I cannot buy Wagnus Valvola as I'm saving my money for iFi micro iDSD DAC/amp and HiFiMan HE-560. You should really look at it too!! I think Cypher Labs will have new competition… maybe even Chord Hugo will have competition. 

Rudi, please check it out

http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/micro-idsd/

http://www.technoheadphone.com/amplifier-dac/dac/ifi-audio-micro-idsd-features/

I hope my Duet won't become useless once I get this.

Thank you maricius and noted

I havent heard ifi micro iDSD , but i heard at Stereo Singapore non micro ifi

I Dont Think you Will let Your Duet Go biggrin.gif
post #236 of 251
I just want to give a shout out and say thanks to David Maudlin at Cypher Labs. I had a issue with my Duet, and David immediately responded to my emails, and ended up replacing my unit, for a new one. Great Amp, better customer service..biggrin.gif
post #237 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh600rr View Post

I just want to give a shout out and say thanks to David Maudlin at Cypher Labs. I had a issue with my Duet, and David immediately responded to my emails, and ended up replacing my unit, for a new one. Great Amp, better customer service..biggrin.gif

 

+1. Same here. My Duet had one channel getting cut out in balanced (but fine in SE) and he replaced it immediately.

post #238 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh600rr View Post

I just want to give a shout out and say thanks to David Maudlin at Cypher Labs. I had a issue with my Duet, and David immediately responded to my emails, and ended up replacing my unit, for a new one. Great Amp, better customer service..biggrin.gif

 

hehe I do not feel surprised with that as Cypher Labs always provide the 1st customer service.

post #239 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

+1. Same here. My Duet had one channel getting cut out in balanced (but fine in SE) and he replaced it immediately.
Sorry if you posted before but you used to pair mk3b with clas dB. Now you rock the duet. What differences? No opportunity to demo alo in UK frown.gif (shame as product line really interesting)
post #240 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC_SL View Post


Sorry if you posted before but you used to pair mk3b with clas dB. Now you rock the duet. What differences? No opportunity to demo alo in UK frown.gif (shame as product line really interesting)

 

Sadly I can't respond to this 'cos I had them separately and never listened to them side-by-side. I sold my Rx Mk3 to another member, and months later got the Duet. The only thing I can say for certain is that the Duet has a lower noise floor. Aside from that, I honestly can't remember the SQ differences (aside from the Rx Mk3's bass knob).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet