Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet - Page 10

post #136 of 266

The RXMk3 is "too digital" to me. Mid bass is punchy and powerful but the sub bass is not very good. The mid range is dry which never brings me to the mood when I listen to vocal music. I prefer the the PANAMP most in Alo product line. It pairs really well with my Audeze headphones.

post #137 of 266
Have u seen the review for duet by headfonia and ohm image. They have the quite opposite review. How it happens.
post #138 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganeee View Post

Have u seen the review for duet by headfonia and ohm image. They have the quite opposite review. How it happens.

 

Opinions and interpretations of the things we hear will differ from person to person, check the comments of Headfonia's Audeze LCD-XC. The websites other moderator and frequent writer, Mike, wrote a mini-review/his own impressions of the Duet. It's different from the two you've mentioned but leaning towards the one done by ohm-image (who is actually now also writing for Headfonia)

post #139 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganeee View Post

Have u seen the review for duet by headfonia and ohm image. They have the quite opposite review. How it happens.

Shoot, I've got to read the Headfonia one!

post #140 of 266
Where can I find Mike's review? I cant see it in the article.

Just read the ohm review and I dont find them too different. Headfonia says there is more focus on the bass and mids where ohm says they are more linear but they agree on the treble. I have the Duet and I do feel there is a bass and mids focus
Edited by Ultrainferno - 4/20/14 at 4:10am
post #141 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

Where can I find Mike's review? I cant see it in the article.

Just read the ohm review and I dont find them too different. Headfonia says there is more focus on the bass and mids where ohm says they are more linear but they agree on the treble. I have the Duet and I do feel there is a bass and mids focus


You can check it out on the comments section of the LCD-XC review. Its just a short comment about the Duet compairing it to the MK 3B...
post #142 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

Where can I find Mike's review? I cant see it in the article.

Just read the ohm review and I dont find them too different. Headfonia says there is more focus on the bass and mids where ohm says they are more linear but they agree on the treble. I have the Duet and I do feel there is a bass and mids focus

but ohm preferred duet than theorem but Lieven preference is quite reverse

post #143 of 266

well that's a personal preference and it depends on your headphone collection

post #144 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post
 

well that's a personal preference and it depends on your headphone collection

that's well said. 

waiting for my duet arrival. yet to be shipped.

post #145 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganeee View Post
 

but ohm preferred duet than theorem but Lieven preference is quite reverse

I prefer DUET due to its slightly more laid back upper midrange and much less background noise. 720 is an awesome amp/DAC but if you use earphones, you will hear the hiss, no matter the make. The DUET is nearly silent and also has great control over the usable volume range through its volume pot. The 720 is more aggressive. If I was using headphones only, I'd probably prefer the DT880 with the DUET and the HD600 with the 720. But that is preference. Both are very high performance amps, but the DUET has a much quieter background. I can't pass that up. If you primarily use headphones either one will be great. Of course, if you don't need the DAC, or if you need it, there is only one choice for you. 

 

Me? I'm a DUET guy as most of my battery headphone amp listening is done portably, and with earphones. Lieven is probably more of a home listener. And my ears have been called 'hiss kings', meaning, I hear hiss with grave alacrity. It's a curse.

post #146 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post
 

I prefer DUET due to its slightly more laid back upper midrange and much less background noise. 720 is an awesome amp/DAC but if you use earphones, you will hear the hiss, no matter the make. The DUET is nearly silent and also has great control over the usable volume range through its volume pot. The 720 is more aggressive. If I was using headphones only, I'd probably prefer the DT880 with the DUET and the HD600 with the 720. But that is preference. Both are very high performance amps, but the DUET has a much quieter background. I can't pass that up. If you primarily use headphones either one will be great. Of course, if you don't need the DAC, or if you need it, there is only one choice for you. 

 

Me? I'm a DUET guy as most of my battery headphone amp listening is done portably, and with earphones. Lieven is probably more of a home listener. And my ears have been called 'hiss kings', meaning, I hear hiss with grave alacrity. It's a curse.

How are you able to carry around a 3-stack (iphone -> clas db -> duet) in your pocket though? That's the main reason I prefer the Theorem for portable use, as the stack is smaller and the hiss with my IE800s is tolerable for portable use.

post #147 of 266

I don't use a CLAS dB when out and about. And honestly, when I use stacks, it is from my bag. The DUET is large, but if you wear cargos it and a source do well enough. Truth be told, when I go light, I go with an iPod shuffle 512mb and my favourite earphones. 

post #148 of 266

Just curious - if you love the Duet so much, why are you selling it?

 

Regards, Ole.

post #149 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

I agree. The duet is superb and the combo with the solo -db exceeds any previous portable experience I've had by quite a decent margain. Awesomely black background with iems- smooth, spacious and detailed with nuance. Very nice indeed. I just wish I could use more of the volume pot with iems on low gain; I use very little of it. Thank goodness it's balance is very good with sensitive stuff. My F111 has never sounded better.

Sorry - here is the original post I was referencing above. I am very intrigued with the Duet - just curious why shotgunshane is selling it if it is that good. 

 

Appreciate your thoughts.

post #150 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriise View Post

Sorry - here is the original post I was referencing above. I am very intrigued with the Duet - just curious why shotgunshane is selling it if it is that good. 

Appreciate your thoughts.

I'm selling strictly due to size. The solo>duet stack is transportable but not pocketable. Most of my listening is on the go (office, commute, front porch, etc) and I just find myself less and less willing to deal with the bulk, so I'm looking to replace it with something pocketable. Most likely a high end dap. If money were no object I would definitely keep it but must sell to fund a dap (solo alread sold). I'll miss how well the F111 scales with it, especially connected balanced.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet