- Want an in-ear headphone (IEM)
- Listen predominantly to metal/hard rock and popular music
- To be used indoors (office) and outside (primarily jogging and commuting on train)
- In Australia I can get the following all at roughly the same price (<$200) so pls do NOT base on price-per-quality ratio - no, cannot say where I can get them from at these prices sorry!
- Ideally would like an in-line remote (pause/play, volume +/-) but I know it could be hard
- I an NOT an audiophile so you will lose with too much jargon like armatures, impedance and stuff!
- Yes, I looked up the reviews on here and just got more confused - case to be made for each!
- Will be played mostly on my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone
- Yes, I know its overkill for a bl00dy smartphone but can get the following at considerably less than retail RRP which makes it compelling.
- The final contenders (all roughly same price for me give or take $20):
(1) Sennheiser IE80
(2) Sennheiser CX 980 / 985
(3) Westone 3
(4) Klipsch x11
(5) Shure SE425
(6) Grado GR8
(7) Monster Turbine Pro Gold
(8) Etymotic ER4
(9) Sony XBA-4
So based on overall quality, which would you choose please for metal and popular music (rock, pop, hip-hop, dance, EDM)? Or rank them if you can. Or is there a better option in this class?