or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza - Page 28  

post #406 of 733
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by petervenkman View Post
 

I'm planning on attending and have registered. Does my significant other need to register if I'm bringing her with me?

 

Yes, everyone attending needs to register for a meet pass. 

post #407 of 733
Thread Starter 

Update: DNA will not be able to attend the meet as Donald has to be out of town on a business trip. For anyone who was hoping to listen to the DNA Stratus, please stop by my table. Trust me, you will want to hear this - especially if you own an HD800! 

post #408 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by third_eye View Post
 

Update: DNA will not be able to attend the meet as Donald has to be out of town on a business trip. For anyone who was hoping to listen to the DNA Stratus, please stop by my table. Trust me, you will want to hear this - especially if you own an HD800! 

I'll BACK THAT UP!

 

Donald is an artisan!!

 

I'm making even more progress, and PUMPED about what I'm bringin...

post #409 of 733

I'll be attending. Not sure if I should bring my rig, Beyerdynamic DT880-600ohm with bottlehead crack + speedball , and amb gamma2. If anybody wants to listen let me know and I can bring them.

post #410 of 733
Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet Update

 

Some Important Tips...

 

 

 

 

 

Hey everyone, we just wanted to remind you to bring a few important things

with you to the meet, regardless of whether you have table space or not. 

It just might make or break your meet experience.

 

 

Bring A CD and/or Vinyl

 

Some members and exhibitors may have a CD-based rig instead of a laptop, so it's a good idea to bring a few of your reference albums for audition.  Alternatively, you can burn a CD with some of your favorite reference tracks instead.  Either way, this will make sure you're able to audition/enjoy those rigs with music that you like (or are familiar with).  Likewise, you may want to bring an LP or two to enjoy one of the vinyl rigs tentatively scheduled to be at the meet.

278dd81b_o2014schfm_acc_sfd.jpeg

Bring A Flash Drive

 

Again, auditioning rigs with your own music will be much more valuable than listening to whatever happens to be there at the moment.  So, for all those laptop and tablet based rigs (where the member/exhibitor doesn't mind you providing your own music) you'll want to have it at the ready... and a USB flash drive is the single easiest way to do this.

ac3f4596_o2014schfm_acc_sfl.jpeg

Bring Interconnects

 

You'd be surprised how often an audition meets with failure for lack of a 1/4"-to-1/8" adapter (or vice versa).  Remember, some headphones will be terminated only in 1/4" TRS.  Or, that amp you want to try out only has 1/4" jacks... or worse 1/8" jacks.  The point is, be prepared.  Oh, and if you have one of those Grado 1/4"-to-1/8" adapters, WATCH THAT THING LIKE A HAWK!  For some reason, they tend to go wandering off more than just about any other item.  And of course, don't forget to account for other possibilities as well (XLR, mini-XLR, etc.)

d293a072_o2014schfm_acc_slp.jpeg

And Finally... Bring Your Headphones/IEMs

 

If you're going to be auditioning amps or sources, it's a REALLY good idea to have a reference headphone or IEM whose signature you are intimately familiar with.  And while there will certainly be no shortage of headphones or IEMs at the meet, even a unit of the same model won't be your personally broken-in and burned-in baby.  Do yourself a favor, and bring your known point of reference.

 

Saturday, March 22nd, 2014 • 9:00a to 5:00p • Westin South Coast Plaza

Edited by warrenpchi - 3/8/14 at 2:40am


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

post #411 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 
Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet Update

 

Some Important Tips...

 

 

 

 

 

Hey everyone, we just wanted to remind you to bring a few important things

with you to the meet, regardless of whether you have table space or not. 

It just might make or break your meet experience.

 

 

Bring A CD and/or Vinyl

 

Some members and exhibitors may have a CD-based rig instead of a laptop, so it's a good idea to bring a few of your reference albums for audition.  Alternatively, you can burn a CD with some of your favorite reference tracks instead.  Either way, this will make sure you're able to audition/enjoy those rigs with music that you like (or are familiar with).  Likewise, you may want to bring an LP or two to enjoy one of the vinyl rigs tentatively scheduled to be at the meet.

278dd81b_o2014schfm_acc_sfd.jpeg

Bring A Flash Drive

 

Again, auditioning rigs with your own music will be much more valuable than listening to whatever happens to be there at the moment.  So, for all those laptop and tablet based rigs (where the member/exhibitor doesn't mind you providing your own music) you'll want to have it at the ready... and a USB flash drive is the single easiest way to do this.

ac3f4596_o2014schfm_acc_sfl.jpeg

Bring Interconnects

 

You'd be surprised how often an audition meets with failure for lack of a 1/4"-to-1/8" adapter (or vice versa).  Remember, some headphones will be terminated only in 1/4" TRS.  Or, that amp you want to try out only has 1/4" jacks... or worse 1/8" jacks.  The point is, be prepared.  Oh, and if you have one of those Grado 1/4"-to-1/8" adapters, WATCH THAT THING LIKE A HAWK!  For some reason, they tend to go wandering off more than just about any other item.  And of course, don't forget to account for other possibilities as well (XLR, mini-XLR, etc.)

d293a072_o2014schfm_acc_slp.jpeg

And Finally... Bring Your Headphones/IEMs

 

If you're going to be auditioning amps or sources, it's a REALLY good idea to have a reference headphone or IEM whose signature you are intimately familiar with.  And while there will certainly be no shortage of headphones or IEMs at the meet, even a unit of the same model won't be your personally broken-in and burned-in baby.  Do yourself a favor, and bring your known point of reference.

 

Saturday, March 22nd, 2014 • 9:00a to 5:00p • Westin South Coast Plaza

I LOVE this!

GREAT job fellas!!

 

Especially that last line about YOUR reference headphones - you'd be surprised, but I ended up with my friends Sennheiser HD 25-1 IIs at this rave once (we were spinning) and I couldn't believe how different the sonics were on his set! 

 

Who knows how this happens - different styles of music pumping through the materials, etc...

But I think having your cans is KEY

 

and YES - as somebody who's driving a long way to set up gear that I can't afford to replace (or, mess with in an alien way to me - my OCD will go into overdrive):

adapters and a memory stick:ksc75smile: -- those are essentials!!

 

PUMPED!

 

trying out different interconnects and other cables all weekend to get my rig where I want it for the Meet!!!!

post #412 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteKirby View Post
 

Eep

 

I'm getting my tax refund like, a few days before the meet

 

I guess I know where it's all going :D

 

Hopefully I can get some JH16s ordered while I'm there, just gotta figure out what I want artwork wise ...

I got a 20% discount on my UltimateEars Reference Monitors at the last show and they even threw in a free impression. Good luck!

post #413 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Edwards View Post

I got a 20% discount on my UltimateEars Reference Monitors at the last show and they even threw in a free impression. Good luck!

If JH does something similar to their Black Friday sale and does free impressions...

Welp, rip my wallet smily_headphones1.gif
post #414 of 733
Thread Starter 
I'll post more details later but UE will be offering the same deal. They are also providing a UE900 for the raffle!
post #415 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by third_eye View Post

I'll post more details later but UE will be offering the same deal. They are also providing a UE900 for the raffle!

Maybe UE18s in my future?

Oh dear. Or maybe even the UERM, a something little lighter and more analytical than my 11s

And then I might fall in love with a full size pair someone has. Or an amp/DAC... I'm impatient now frown.gif
post #416 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by luffy92 View Post
 

I'll be attending. Not sure if I should bring my rig, Beyerdynamic DT880-600ohm with bottlehead crack + speedball , and amb gamma2. If anybody wants to listen let me know and I can bring them.

 

Hey Luffy,

 

I wouldn't mind giving your Bottlehead a listen with the rest of my rig. You could plop it down on my table if you want. :wink_face: Although I'm sure others will have that combo as well :tongue_smile: 

post #417 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Edwards View Post
 

I got a 20% discount on my UltimateEars Reference Monitors at the last show and they even threw in a free impression. Good luck!

 

I'm eyeing on a pair of UERM for awhile....20% off, good deal.

post #418 of 733
Quote:

Originally Posted by OJNeg View Post

 

Hey Luffy,

I wouldn't mind giving your Bottlehead a listen with the rest of my rig. You could plop it down on my table if you want. :wink_face: Although I'm sure others will have that combo as well :tongue_smile: 

I know some folks wanted to hear my Bottlehead, so it wouldn't be bag for him to bring it.

 

I don't know that I want a table this time, but if anyone with a table wants to host my Bottlehead Crack + Speedball and/or Burson Soloist and/or HRT MS II+ DAC, I can be convinced to bring 'em with me.  I'd stash an HD650 and/or DT880/600 (for sale) with the Bottlehead.

post #419 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzi View Post
 

I know some folks wanted to hear my Bottlehead, so it wouldn't be bag for him to bring it.

 

I don't know that I want a table this time, but if anyone with a table wants to host my Bottlehead Crack + Speedball and/or Burson Soloist and/or HRT MS II+ DAC, I can be convinced to bring 'em with me.  I'd stash an HD650 and/or DT880/600 (for sale) with the Bottlehead.


I'd be more than happy to host the Crack system! My own system is very stackable, so my half-table should suffice I suppose.

post #420 of 733

Just got one step closer to clearing my schedule for this, i may actually get to go.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza