Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza - Page 14  

post #196 of 733

Ethan and I are still working hard to add more exhibitors.  We're almost at capacity as far as exhibitor space goes and can only fit a few more, but here's what we've got so far:

 

 

More updates coming soon!  :smile: 

post #197 of 733

Hey guys for table space I think I will need a whole table. I am bringing my desktop setup which includes a monitor. I will have my Asgard 2 and Bifrost Uber stack as well as my DT880 :] and possibly some new IEMs or Alpha dogs by then :D

post #198 of 733

I am looking forward to attending. Thanks for all the hard work guys!

post #199 of 733
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacore View Post
 

I am looking forward to attending. Thanks for all the hard work guys!

 

Cool! Let us know if you need table space!

post #200 of 733
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsmoh View Post
 

Hey guys for table space I think I will need a whole table. I am bringing my desktop setup which includes a monitor. I will have my Asgard 2 and Bifrost Uber stack as well as my DT880 :] and possibly some new IEMs or Alpha dogs by then :D

 

Got you down......you should be ok with 1/2 a table with that rig!

post #201 of 733

Third_eye, is no one bringing a pair HD600's? I didn't see them on the list. If that is the case I can bring a pair and let someone hook it to their rig or whatever. Let me know.

post #202 of 733

I don't mean to be condescending or anything, but in order to maximize space for other vendors to bring products I think that duplicates should try to be avoided. If a vendor is bringing their goods and a forum member has them might not be super worthwhile to double table space to duplicate a setup.

post #203 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65535 View Post
 

I don't mean to be condescending or anything, but in order to maximize space for other vendors to bring products I think that duplicates should try to be avoided. If a vendor is bringing their goods and a forum member has them might not be super worthwhile to double table space to duplicate a setup.

Yes, but it's tricky when you factor in sources, DACs, amps, and headphones. Even if say vendor X will be demoing all their products, they may be using them with different gear. It's unlikely they will have exactly the same gear as another member. Then it's also unlikely that they will let you take their gear to another table to try out a different combo. Right?

 

I am not saying we shouldn't worry about duplicate gear, but just because Sennheiser will be there doesn't mean no one should bother bringing any HD800's, etc.

post #204 of 733

I agree, but you'd be surprised if you're courteous and fastidious that vendors may let you borrow gear to test with other gear. That's not always the case, but if someones bringing a combo that a vendor is bringing just to setup a table with it seems like a waste.

 

However if the venue doesn't fill up then I see no issue at all. But if space is tight I'd rather see more vendors than users.

post #205 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinf View Post
 

Yes, but it's tricky when you factor in sources, DACs, amps, and headphones. Even if say vendor X will be demoing all their products, they may be using them with different gear. It's unlikely they will have exactly the same gear as another member. Then it's also unlikely that they will let you take their gear to another table to try out a different combo. Right?

 

I am not saying we shouldn't worry about duplicate gear, but just because Sennheiser will be there doesn't mean no one should bother bringing any HD800's, etc.

I agree with what darinf said. At the San Diego meet I heard two different HD800 setups and heard differences between them. One happened to be darinf's that I really enjoyed listening to.

 

Just because a vendor is displaying the same or similar equipment they might be playing music you don't like or another user may have a different DAC paired with that set of cans. I say the more the merrier :)

post #206 of 733
Wrong post please delete
post #207 of 733

Just coming down to help out :)

Don't think I posted in this thread yet. Cheers!

post #208 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65535 View Post
 

I don't mean to be condescending or anything, but in order to maximize space for other vendors to bring products I think that duplicates should try to be avoided. If a vendor is bringing their goods and a forum member has them might not be super worthwhile to double table space to duplicate a setup.

 

I am not asking for table space, as all my gear has already been represented. I was merely asking if someone that did have table space wanted to add a pair of the HD600's to their mix, as the phones are not currently on the list. Just trying to fill in the gaps where I can, never really gave any thought to Senn being there, as I am not sure what they will bring.

post #209 of 733

Hey everyone, I have a special request for y'all.  :smile:  If you're planning to bring a Mac of any kind as your source, please PM me a.s.a.p.  Thanks!

post #210 of 733

Really hope there will be Fostex TH600/TH900s there, but so far it doesn't look like there are any. Last LA Meet there was just one TH600 if I recall correctly and the lone TH900 seemed to be a demo from HeadAmp. It'd be really cool if we could get the top closed headphones at the meet to see what everyone's personal preference is for the all time best closed headphone ever made. We already have people bringing the LCD XCs, Alpha Dogs, and Slant Paradox.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza