Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza - Page 11  

post #151 of 733

Newbie here creating a paypal account now XD I plan to attend. will try to get my brother to come...he loves IEMs but hasn't seen hi-fi gear. anyone bringing any IEMs like senn 8/80? :D

post #152 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Edwards View Post


That's a great idea. But maybe you could mix in 128k 256k and WAV, just to make it more interesting.

lol then it is impossible to tel the difference. 

Let s have a golden ears contest. Would be nice if we have a cup or a shirt for a winner. 

post #153 of 733

Hey Young Guitar,

I say we have a test with 128k, 256k and 320k MP3 plus flac 44.1khz and wav 88.2khz (I have tons of SACD rips). Maybe a choice of classical, jazz and pop.

We let everybody who wants to have a go at properly identifying what they're hearing. And the winner gets a prize. 

I don't want to embarrass anybody, though. All of the results should be secret. We only tell people privately if they ask.

This could be a real service to the community.

post #154 of 733

We should hit up the vendors for prizes!

post #155 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcookie274 View Post
 

Newbie here creating a paypal account now XD I plan to attend. will try to get my brother to come...he loves IEMs but hasn't seen hi-fi gear. anyone bringing any IEMs like senn 8/80? :D

I have IE80's.

post #156 of 733

A 'might attend' for me (depends if I'm out traveling). (Not sure on gear yet).

post #157 of 733
Thread Starter 

Update: SPL will be attending the meet and showing their new Phonitor 2!

post #158 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by third_eye View Post
 

Update: SPL will be attending the meet and showing their new Phonitor 2!

 

This is going to be pretty exciting!  :smile:  With the original Phonitor being one of those most unique amps here, this new Phonitor seems very promising.  We're going to be posting our Audio360 review of it here, but I can tell you all right now, you're going to want to hear this.

post #159 of 733

Please sign me up. If possible I'd like a full table. Gear list in flux, but will include a couple of new DIY tube amps , LCD-3's, possible 845 based electrostatic rig, and a Metrum Octave dac.

 

Thanks to all you guys doing the heavy lifting to bring this off!

post #160 of 733
Thread Starter 

Cavalli Audio and WyWires added to vendor list! As the vendor list continues to grow, I've added vendor website links for more information. More to come!


Edited by third_eye - 1/30/14 at 7:37am
post #161 of 733

So I won't bring the speaker then.  It was just a computer speaker anyway nothing really special.

post #162 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by third_eye View Post

Yes, absolutely! This is the best opportunity to test gear side by side and this is going to be a HUGE event.
post #163 of 733
That sounds great, I'll register. I just happened to order a pair of ESW9 and a Fiio e12 for my iPod Classic, my buddy has this set up and after listening I was impressed by the sound quality, should I bring this gear? How exactly does it work, do I set up at a table, do I carry my stuff around? Never been to one of these meets, sorry I'm new to this.
post #164 of 733
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiKolohe View Post

That sounds great, I'll register. I just happened to order a pair of ESW9 and a Fiio e12 for my iPod Classic, my buddy has this set up and after listening I was impressed by the sound quality, should I bring this gear? How exactly does it work, do I set up at a table, do I carry my stuff around? Never been to one of these meets, sorry I'm new to this.

 

No problem, we were all first timers at some point! If you've got a portable setup, you could just carry around. Folks that have full size rigs (source, dac, amp, headphone/s) can get table space based on the amount of equipment being brought to the meet.

post #165 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by third_eye View Post
 

 

No problem, we were all first timers at some point! If you've got a portable setup, you could just carry around. Folks that have full size rigs (source, dac, amp, headphone/s) can get table space based on the amount of equipment being brought to the meet.

Awesome, I'm looking forward to this meet. I've always wanted a great home HP set up but never had the opportunity to listen to such variety. I ran across this forum while reading reviews, boy am I glad I did, I can't wait!!! Thanks guys!!!


Edited by HiFiKolohe - 1/30/14 at 10:42am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza