I've been using Sony MDR - NC6 for quite a long time, and I figured its time for an upgrade. I listen to various sub-genres of metal, that makes up for about 90% of my music. The other 10% is mostly classical. I'm a newbie, so I'm not exactly sure how to describe the sound I'd be looking for in headphones. The only thing I can say is that I want the sound quality to be the best it can be. I also prefer over-the-ear headphones rather then In-ear or on-the-ear. I also want them to be very comfortable because the Sony's that I've had are pretty uncomfortable, my ears get irritated after wearing more than 45 minutes. I decided I'd come here for help, because I've tried asking people for advice at work or in school, and even other websites and everyone would recommend either Bose, or Beats by Dre, and I've sampled both these headphones and the quality didn't match the price tag. I plan on using the headphones mostly at home on the computer, but at times with my android cellphone.
I've decided to post some music samples that might help you suggest the right kind of headphones. (Click to show)
Also, I'd greatly appreciate it if you posted a specific reason for the headphones you suggested.
Edited by Danieru - 12/11/13 at 6:57am