Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › What do you think is the best combination of headphone and mp3 player?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What do you think is the best combination of headphone and mp3 player?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

Is Cowon really good as it is purported to be? I bought the D3 but considering returning it because it doesn't sound all that better than the iPhone 5 that I have. I compared them with my Bose headphone.

post #2 of 13

Here's a secret 95% of head-fiers don't know- there's no difference between portable sources.  Worry 100% about your headphones. 

post #3 of 13

Sansa Clip Plus + JVC HA-S680 sounds very close to audiophile standards, even though this combination can be had for just around 100$.

post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 

Sansa Clip Plus + JVC HA-S680 sounds very close to audiophile standards, even though this combination can be had for just around 100$.

 

Found the headphone. Is it Japanese product? : http://www.amazon.com/Ships-JVC-HA-S680-R-phone-Japan/dp/B00FYGI552/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1386764198&sr=1-1&keywords=jvc+ha+s680

 

Have you tried Cowon to compare with the Sansa Plus? Is Sansa Plus better sounding than iPhone 5?

How does the headphone compare to other headphones around its price range and also Bose 15?

post #5 of 13

An IPhone 5 is more than enough. Don't waste your money on expensive source components.

post #6 of 13

lol ;).

post #7 of 13

:P

...........

.................

.......................

Whatever you do don't buy anything from iBasso, especially their MP3 players, and you should be fine.

That is all

post #8 of 13

I am using a cowon x7 with my shure 846 and I love them together!

post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodsongs View Post
 

 

Found the headphone. Is it Japanese product? : http://www.amazon.com/Ships-JVC-HA-S680-R-phone-Japan/dp/B00FYGI552/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1386764198&sr=1-1&keywords=jvc+ha+s680

 

Have you tried Cowon to compare with the Sansa Plus? Is Sansa Plus better sounding than iPhone 5?

How does the headphone compare to other headphones around its price range and also Bose 15?


It is made in China, but intended only for the Japanese market, as Japanese love to do with the best stuff they make.

I don't have any Cowon or iPhones.

S680 kills the competition, I wouldn't mind paying for this sound and comfort 200$-300$.

post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodsongs View Post

Is Cowon really good as it is purported to be? I bought the D3 but considering returning it because it doesn't sound all that better than the iPhone 5 that I have. I compared them with my Bose headphone.

There's the weak link.
post #11 of 13

thats a easy question. the best  combo is however deep your pockets allow you to go.

post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
 

:P

...........

.................

.......................

Whatever you do don't buy anything from iBasso, especially their MP3 players, and you should be fine.

That is all

 

lol the DX100 while not perfect was a pretty good player. Just bulky, low battery life, and clunky UI. Oh wait was good about it then... :P.

post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

lol the DX100 while not perfect was a pretty good player. Just bulky, low battery life, and clunky UI. Oh wait was good about it then... :P.

I dunno you tell me. You're the one who owned it then sold it and moved along to a better player lol smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › What do you think is the best combination of headphone and mp3 player?