from what i remember the 990's are open. is there a 990 pro?
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Most comfortable headset for around 100-200 dollars? Mostly for PC gaming. Last post on 4/17/13 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Plz advice me some budget headphone!!! Last post on 3/12/13 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for recommendations on headphones. Last post on 2/6/13 at 1:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones ~$100-250 with good soundstage for most genres, but mainly metal? Last post on 12/19/12 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
Introduction Everyone here and their mothers have heard of the HD600/650. After over 10+ years, the HD600 series still remains a timeless classic, withstanding the test of time with is...
I first joined Head-Fi in November of 2014. At the time I owned a couple of pairs of IEM’s, and had just purchased my first DAP (Fiio X3) and over ear headphones (Sennheiser HD598). I really...
So these headphones only came-in for me three days ago. I got them used on Amazon for $240, and have listened to them about 10 hours a day (seriously) since I got them, for a total of over 30...
Looking for a pair of headphones sub $200, any suggestions? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah there is a 990 pro and they are open. Just wondering if they are worth getting considering I don't need to be waking the family up in the middle of the night when I'm gaming.
The 990 and 990 Pro are both fully open. They are about as loud as the Q701's and other open headphones. My wife has complained a few times when I was listening to music at enthusiastic volume while she slept in the same room but that's rare.
Honestly, the transparency is worth any sound leakage. The Custom One Pro are the polar opposite to the 990's and that air tight closed can makes them sound awful compared to the 880 or 990.j
I can't see them waking up your family unless you're laying right next to them, in which case you have my sympathy for being so crowded.
Edited by Kodhifi - 12/23/13 at 10:36am
- Looking for a pair of headphones sub $200, any suggestions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Simaudio Moon Neo 340i + xlr 14 seconds ago
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 50 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio Grade Fuses 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Simaudio Moon Neo 380D dac + mindmodule 3 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2