Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison! (Rectifer Tube Rolling thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison! (Rectifer Tube Rolling thread) - Page 5

post #61 of 304

$400 is crazy for a rectifier!

post #62 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post
 

$400 is crazy for a rectifier!

750 is crazier

post #63 of 304

those kind of prices sometimes temp me to go solid state, sometimes. 

post #64 of 304

After looking at the 422A data sheet I have to wonder why nobody is making a reproduction of the tube today.  It has nice specs.  Less voltage drop and more capacity than a 5U4G, and indirectly heated too.  On paper the tube is very similar to a GZ33/GZ37 actually.

post #65 of 304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcalibur255 View Post
 

After looking at the 422A data sheet I have to wonder why nobody is making a reproduction of the tube today.  It has nice specs.  Less voltage drop and more capacity than a 5U4G, and indirectly heated too.  On paper the tube is very similar to a GZ33/GZ37 actually.

 

yes, i believe Glenn also said something similar when i asked him about the 422A in his amp, he said it looked like a very nice tube.

post #66 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post
 

$400 is crazy for a rectifier!

 

So says the guy with the $2000 headphone. :)

post #67 of 304
I would have recommended this tube for the amp but nobody but you have this tube.
So I usually recommend 3DG4 and GZ37 are the ones I like.
post #68 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post

$400 is crazy for a rectifier!

$400 is not bad until you need dual rectifiers, dual drivers, and dual powers.
post #69 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post


$400 is not bad until you need dual rectifiers, dual drivers, and dual powers.


If people are willing to pay $400 & $700 for a rectifier I am selling my amps much to cheep.

post #70 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post
 


If people are willing to pay $400 & $700 for a rectifier I am selling my amps much to cheep.

yea you could easily sell them for a lot more but don't at least until i get my one. ;)

post #71 of 304

Most excellent write up DG! Thanks for this...great read and a fantastic summary.

post #72 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

Most excellent write up DG! Thanks for this...great read and a fantastic summary.

Will you ever go back to tubes yourself? Have you heard DNA? I think i will save for it after the OTL. 

post #73 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

Will you ever go back to tubes yourself? Have you heard DNA? I think i will save for it after the OTL. 

I like the easy life of SS so far...but never say never I suppose.

post #74 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post
 


If people are willing to pay $400 & $700 for a rectifier I am selling my amps much to cheep.

Then you won't be "the" Glenn anymore.  :D

post #75 of 304

Very nice article, I know I've been wanting for a nice BIG list of Tube Rectifier comparisions! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison! (Rectifer Tube Rolling thread)