- 1,310 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: United States
- Select All Posts By This User
- productEmotiva mini-X a-100tagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Which would you choose? Last post on 5/25/13 at 2:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which High-end Cans Have the Crappiest stock cables? Last post on 4/21/13 at 10:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Could use help - selling my LCD2s to get?? Last post on 11/12/12 at 9:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best way to spend my $1000 Last post on 1/29/13 at 9:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
$1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be had for $1000 or less - Page 5post #61 of 1155/8/14 at 6:47amDenon d7100 + o2 odac, that'd be ideal for me.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 1155/8/14 at 8:27pmQuote:
Ya, i now have half this mans setup,
audio gd nfb-10se- lets say 420 with the balanced cable used from this nice gentleman above
Thats 770, you could easily get a mad dog 3.2, and this would be end game(for me)
But i have re-262s-100 bucks and shure 840s-120 bucks. Rather have the MD 3.2s though, those things go very very well with the he4post #63 of 1155/8/14 at 8:45pm
Two entries for me:
Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball
Fiio E17 DAC
Raspberry Pi as source
Schiit Modi / Magni
Laptop or Raspberry Pi as source
I'm blown away by the Modi/Magni. with the MDR-V6
You don't hear much about the MDR-V6 these days because it's kind of yesterdays news but dollar for dollar, pound for pound and for God's sake they have synergy with the Schiit gear.post #64 of 1155/8/14 at 11:21pmpost #65 of 1155/8/14 at 11:28pmpost #66 of 1155/8/14 at 11:47pmpost #67 of 1155/9/14 at 6:33ampost #68 of 1155/9/14 at 6:54ampost #69 of 1155/9/14 at 8:21am
Without any real world experience with the specific pairing, I'd say HD600 + Valhalla + Bifrost. $1000 + shipping and tax.
Its definitely paring I'd be interested in trying at the price range anyways.post #70 of 1155/9/14 at 8:38amIt would seem like a good mix but... This thread is for setups you've tried. This is speculationQuote:
Seems like an advert
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 5/9/14 at 8:39ampost #71 of 1155/9/14 at 8:41amQuote:
Then my bad. Most things I've heard are either budget minded, like what I own, or expensive rigs at meets. So no real experience at the 1K level.post #72 of 1155/9/14 at 11:19ampost #73 of 1155/9/14 at 1:01pm
I haven't, although I really enjoy the D600, one of my favorite headphones in its price range. It makes EDM really fun to listen to, and I would assume D7100 is if anything, just a better version.post #74 of 1155/9/14 at 1:16pmQuote:
Got one coming in on Monday. Looking forward to them (D600)
- $1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be had for $1000 or less
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 9 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 2 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 7 minutes ago
- › Need earphones which can deliver crystal clear sound especially... 8 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 12 minutes ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality 12 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...