- 1,312 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: United States
- Select All Posts By This User
- productEmotiva mini-X a-100tagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Which would you choose? Last post on 5/25/13 at 2:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which High-end Cans Have the Crappiest stock cables? Last post on 4/21/13 at 10:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Could use help - selling my LCD2s to get?? Last post on 11/12/12 at 9:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best way to spend my $1000 Last post on 1/29/13 at 9:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
This is a review of the Burson Audio Cable+ RCA to RCA active cable. The Burson Audio Cable+ was sent to me by Burson Audio for me as a loaner unit to test it out, thanks to Burson Audio for...
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
It’s Black Friday, and what’s more black than to buy a good pair of headphones for your favorite rocker or metalhead. Today the headphone audiophile community is buzzing about what may become a...
The evolution of headphones has been fascinating to watch over the years. Pretty much everyone aged 50 and younger has grown up using headphones, and have owned many, many pairs. Some may remember...
Acknowledgment Thanks 1MORE UK for providing this review sample in return for my honest opinion.IntroductionI heard about 1MORE from a fellow HeadFier, @canali, who told me I should check out the...
$1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be had for $1000 or less - Page 5post #61 of 1155/8/14 at 6:47amDenon d7100 + o2 odac, that'd be ideal for me.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 1155/8/14 at 8:27pmQuote:
Ya, i now have half this mans setup,
audio gd nfb-10se- lets say 420 with the balanced cable used from this nice gentleman above
Thats 770, you could easily get a mad dog 3.2, and this would be end game(for me)
But i have re-262s-100 bucks and shure 840s-120 bucks. Rather have the MD 3.2s though, those things go very very well with the he4post #63 of 1155/8/14 at 8:45pm
Two entries for me:
Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball
Fiio E17 DAC
Raspberry Pi as source
Schiit Modi / Magni
Laptop or Raspberry Pi as source
I'm blown away by the Modi/Magni. with the MDR-V6
You don't hear much about the MDR-V6 these days because it's kind of yesterdays news but dollar for dollar, pound for pound and for God's sake they have synergy with the Schiit gear.post #64 of 1155/8/14 at 11:21pmpost #65 of 1155/8/14 at 11:28pmpost #66 of 1155/8/14 at 11:47pmpost #67 of 1155/9/14 at 6:33ampost #68 of 1155/9/14 at 6:54ampost #69 of 1155/9/14 at 8:21am
Without any real world experience with the specific pairing, I'd say HD600 + Valhalla + Bifrost. $1000 + shipping and tax.
Its definitely paring I'd be interested in trying at the price range anyways.post #70 of 1155/9/14 at 8:38amIt would seem like a good mix but... This thread is for setups you've tried. This is speculationQuote:
Seems like an advert
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 5/9/14 at 8:39ampost #71 of 1155/9/14 at 8:41amQuote:
Then my bad. Most things I've heard are either budget minded, like what I own, or expensive rigs at meets. So no real experience at the 1K level.post #72 of 1155/9/14 at 11:19ampost #73 of 1155/9/14 at 1:01pm
I haven't, although I really enjoy the D600, one of my favorite headphones in its price range. It makes EDM really fun to listen to, and I would assume D7100 is if anything, just a better version.post #74 of 1155/9/14 at 1:16pmQuote:
Got one coming in on Monday. Looking forward to them (D600)
- $1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be had for $1000 or less
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 19 seconds ago
- › can anyone intro me to a cable maker? need one for my audeze sine 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 3 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 3 minutes ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone amp for 16 ohm COP or 80 ohm DT770? 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by peter123
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...