- 1,302 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: United States
- Select All Posts By This User
- productEmotiva mini-X a-100tagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Which would you choose? Last post on 5/25/13 at 2:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which High-end Cans Have the Crappiest stock cables? Last post on 4/21/13 at 10:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Could use help - selling my LCD2s to get?? Last post on 11/12/12 at 9:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best way to spend my $1000 Last post on 1/29/13 at 9:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
I would like to Thank FiiO for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer link: http://fiio.net/en/products/52, also available on amazon. * click on...
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
$1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be had for $1000 or less - Page 5post #61 of 1155/8/14 at 6:47amDenon d7100 + o2 odac, that'd be ideal for me.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 1155/8/14 at 8:27pmQuote:
Ya, i now have half this mans setup,
audio gd nfb-10se- lets say 420 with the balanced cable used from this nice gentleman above
Thats 770, you could easily get a mad dog 3.2, and this would be end game(for me)
But i have re-262s-100 bucks and shure 840s-120 bucks. Rather have the MD 3.2s though, those things go very very well with the he4post #63 of 1155/8/14 at 8:45pm
Two entries for me:
Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball
Fiio E17 DAC
Raspberry Pi as source
Schiit Modi / Magni
Laptop or Raspberry Pi as source
I'm blown away by the Modi/Magni. with the MDR-V6
You don't hear much about the MDR-V6 these days because it's kind of yesterdays news but dollar for dollar, pound for pound and for God's sake they have synergy with the Schiit gear.post #64 of 1155/8/14 at 11:21pmpost #65 of 1155/8/14 at 11:28pmpost #66 of 1155/8/14 at 11:47pmpost #67 of 1155/9/14 at 6:33ampost #68 of 1155/9/14 at 6:54ampost #69 of 1155/9/14 at 8:21am
Without any real world experience with the specific pairing, I'd say HD600 + Valhalla + Bifrost. $1000 + shipping and tax.
Its definitely paring I'd be interested in trying at the price range anyways.post #70 of 1155/9/14 at 8:38amIt would seem like a good mix but... This thread is for setups you've tried. This is speculationQuote:
Seems like an advert
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 5/9/14 at 8:39ampost #71 of 1155/9/14 at 8:41amQuote:
Then my bad. Most things I've heard are either budget minded, like what I own, or expensive rigs at meets. So no real experience at the 1K level.post #72 of 1155/9/14 at 11:19ampost #73 of 1155/9/14 at 1:01pm
I haven't, although I really enjoy the D600, one of my favorite headphones in its price range. It makes EDM really fun to listen to, and I would assume D7100 is if anything, just a better version.post #74 of 1155/9/14 at 1:16pmQuote:
Got one coming in on Monday. Looking forward to them (D600)
- $1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be had for $1000 or less
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 50 seconds ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 6 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 7 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 9 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 9 minutes ago
- › DT-770 Bass? 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse