- 1,173 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: United States
- Select All Posts By This User
- productEmotiva mini-X a-100tagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Which would you choose? Last post on 5/25/13 at 2:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which High-end Cans Have the Crappiest stock cables? Last post on 4/21/13 at 10:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Could use help - selling my LCD2s to get?? Last post on 11/12/12 at 9:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best way to spend my $1000 Last post on 1/29/13 at 9:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Westone for providing me with review sample in exchange for my honest opinion....
$1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be had for $1000 or less - Page 5post #61 of 1155/8/14 at 6:47amDenon d7100 + o2 odac, that'd be ideal for me.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 1155/8/14 at 8:27pmQuote:
Ya, i now have half this mans setup,
audio gd nfb-10se- lets say 420 with the balanced cable used from this nice gentleman above
Thats 770, you could easily get a mad dog 3.2, and this would be end game(for me)
But i have re-262s-100 bucks and shure 840s-120 bucks. Rather have the MD 3.2s though, those things go very very well with the he4post #63 of 1155/8/14 at 8:45pm
Two entries for me:
Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball
Fiio E17 DAC
Raspberry Pi as source
Schiit Modi / Magni
Laptop or Raspberry Pi as source
I'm blown away by the Modi/Magni. with the MDR-V6
You don't hear much about the MDR-V6 these days because it's kind of yesterdays news but dollar for dollar, pound for pound and for God's sake they have synergy with the Schiit gear.post #64 of 1155/8/14 at 11:21pmpost #65 of 1155/8/14 at 11:28pmpost #66 of 1155/8/14 at 11:47pmpost #67 of 1155/9/14 at 6:33ampost #68 of 1155/9/14 at 6:54ampost #69 of 1155/9/14 at 8:21am
Without any real world experience with the specific pairing, I'd say HD600 + Valhalla + Bifrost. $1000 + shipping and tax.
Its definitely paring I'd be interested in trying at the price range anyways.post #70 of 1155/9/14 at 8:38amIt would seem like a good mix but... This thread is for setups you've tried. This is speculationQuote:
Seems like an advert
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 5/9/14 at 8:39ampost #71 of 1155/9/14 at 8:41amQuote:
Then my bad. Most things I've heard are either budget minded, like what I own, or expensive rigs at meets. So no real experience at the 1K level.post #72 of 1155/9/14 at 11:19ampost #73 of 1155/9/14 at 1:01pm
I haven't, although I really enjoy the D600, one of my favorite headphones in its price range. It makes EDM really fun to listen to, and I would assume D7100 is if anything, just a better version.post #74 of 1155/9/14 at 1:16pmQuote:
Got one coming in on Monday. Looking forward to them (D600)
- $1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be had for $1000 or less
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › 2015 - Sony PHA - 1A Portable Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 1 minute ago
- › Looking for over ear headphones <=$200 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser hd518 vs ad500x 3 minutes ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for good quality closed-back over ear headphones... 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)