- 1,188 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: United States
- Select All Posts By This User
- productEmotiva mini-X a-100tagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Which would you choose? Last post on 5/25/13 at 2:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which High-end Cans Have the Crappiest stock cables? Last post on 4/21/13 at 10:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Could use help - selling my LCD2s to get?? Last post on 11/12/12 at 9:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best way to spend my $1000 Last post on 1/29/13 at 9:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
$1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be had for $1000 or less - Page 5post #61 of 1155/8/14 at 6:47amDenon d7100 + o2 odac, that'd be ideal for me.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 1155/8/14 at 8:27pmQuote:
Ya, i now have half this mans setup,
audio gd nfb-10se- lets say 420 with the balanced cable used from this nice gentleman above
Thats 770, you could easily get a mad dog 3.2, and this would be end game(for me)
But i have re-262s-100 bucks and shure 840s-120 bucks. Rather have the MD 3.2s though, those things go very very well with the he4post #63 of 1155/8/14 at 8:45pm
Two entries for me:
Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball
Fiio E17 DAC
Raspberry Pi as source
Schiit Modi / Magni
Laptop or Raspberry Pi as source
I'm blown away by the Modi/Magni. with the MDR-V6
You don't hear much about the MDR-V6 these days because it's kind of yesterdays news but dollar for dollar, pound for pound and for God's sake they have synergy with the Schiit gear.post #64 of 1155/8/14 at 11:21pmpost #65 of 1155/8/14 at 11:28pmpost #66 of 1155/8/14 at 11:47pmpost #67 of 1155/9/14 at 6:33ampost #68 of 1155/9/14 at 6:54ampost #69 of 1155/9/14 at 8:21am
Without any real world experience with the specific pairing, I'd say HD600 + Valhalla + Bifrost. $1000 + shipping and tax.
Its definitely paring I'd be interested in trying at the price range anyways.post #70 of 1155/9/14 at 8:38amIt would seem like a good mix but... This thread is for setups you've tried. This is speculationQuote:
Seems like an advert
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 5/9/14 at 8:39ampost #71 of 1155/9/14 at 8:41amQuote:
Then my bad. Most things I've heard are either budget minded, like what I own, or expensive rigs at meets. So no real experience at the 1K level.post #72 of 1155/9/14 at 11:19ampost #73 of 1155/9/14 at 1:01pm
I haven't, although I really enjoy the D600, one of my favorite headphones in its price range. It makes EDM really fun to listen to, and I would assume D7100 is if anything, just a better version.post #74 of 1155/9/14 at 1:16pmQuote:
Got one coming in on Monday. Looking forward to them (D600)
- $1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be had for $1000 or less
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › WTB broken UM3X RC (with working right side) 15 seconds ago
- › Best drug-related album/CD or most "trippy" CD/album... 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › Phonak Audeo PFE-012 In Ear Monitors - Like new in box, Inner... 4 minutes ago
- › Explain your avatar 4 minutes ago
- › Your Album of the Month 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3