or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vsonic GR06 - after few months, one side is significantly lower than the other
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vsonic GR06 - after few months, one side is significantly lower than the other

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

Hey,

Bought my GR06 on Ebay few months ago for 65$, After burning them they were great, couldn't be more pleased... Until one week ago one side became suddenly quiet while the other one plays just fine.

Since I've never (ever) tried to mess with earphones neither opening them, I'm really not sure what to do here.

 

If someone can guide me somehow what should I do, that's would be great.

 

 

 

Thanks,

Yakir.

post #2 of 7

First thing to try is cleaning the grills on both earpieces. Remove the tips find yourself an old tooth brush an some alcohol and give them both a clean (the mesh inside the nozzle) keeping in mind only a 'tiny amount' of solution should be used on the tooth brush. if this doesn't work you should return them.  


Edited by H20Fidelity - 12/9/13 at 2:25am
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

First thing to try is cleaning the grills on both earpieces. Remove the tips find yourself an old tooth brush an some alcohol and give them both a clean (the mesh inside the nozzle) keeping in mind only a 'tiny amount' of solution should be used on the tooth brush. if this doesn't work you should return them.  
So you're saying that I should put tiny amount of alchohol in a tooth brush and clean it?
And I can't return the item to the seller since it's been more than a year and I only had 14 days to return
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakirbu View Post


So you're saying that I should put tiny amount of alchohol in a tooth brush and clean it?
And I can't return the item to the seller since it's been more than a year and I only had 14 days to return


Yes, that's what I'm saying friend. Dip the tooth brush in cap of alcohol (or methylated spirits) and clean the mesh grills, sometimes wax and unwanted grit build up clogs the grills and mutes the sound on one side.

That is basically the only thing you can try without opening them or finding a cable fault.

Do the cleaning then come back and tell us the outcome. :)
 


Edited by H20Fidelity - 12/9/13 at 3:56am
post #5 of 7

Same thing happened to me twice, the driver is probably giving up.

post #6 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


Yes, that's what I'm saying friend. Dip the tooth brush in cap of alcohol (or methylated spirits) and clean the mesh grills, sometimes wax and unwanted grit build up clogs the grills and mutes the sound on one side.

That is basically the only thing you can try without opening them or finding a cable fault.

Do the cleaning then come back and tell us the outcome. :)
 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorkiPoo View Post
 

Same thing happened to me twice, the driver is probably giving up.

Guys I can't believe it really worked! I really love this pair and I was like giving up on them, that's why I'm so surprised.

I recommend anyone who has this problem to try the same thing.

 

I really want to thank H20Fidelity for his advice here.

 

Good day,

Yakir. 


Edited by yakirbu - 12/18/13 at 11:19am
post #7 of 7

I hate to inject myself in an old thread, but it's related.  I also purchased from Ebay (Sept. 2013) and just began to have issues with the left ear phone.  I had noticed it prior to this, but it was very rare and I had chalked it up to a loose cable to my phone/mp3 player and or gym sweat.

 

Needless to say, the left phone is now nearly completely silent.  If I tap it, the sound does return briefly but then returns to silence.  Naturally, I suspected a connection issue on the inside, so I removed the cover to have a look.  

 

 

No readily apparent contact issues - the solder joints are still solid.  I tested ground & the left channel w/ a multimeter and both seemed to check out fine.  I think it is dead, but if anyone has any other troubleshooting ideas, please let me know.

 

EDIT: Thought I'd add that I went ahead and re-soldered the joints to make sure.  Same result.  It seemed that pushing/tapping on the cable around the strain relief made the sound cut in/out.  Next, I cut the wire below the strain relief to make sure the cable wasn't defective within.  Unfortunately, again, it was the same result.  There's continuity throughout both strands of cable, but sound is only produced occasionally if I tap/push the driver.  I guess it's time to start anew the hunt for gym/commute headphones.

 

Thanks


Edited by Devcon - 1/1/14 at 3:27pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vsonic GR06 - after few months, one side is significantly lower than the other