or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › All-round Headphones for Indoor use <US$100
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

All-round Headphones for Indoor use <US$100 - Page 3

post #31 of 41
Thread Starter 

Has anyone had any experiences with the Ultrasone Pro 450? I can't find any information on it.

post #32 of 41

Here's the HK Headphone shop thread if you want to check it out.  Just saw it today.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/648279/official-hong-kong-thread-shops-meets-events-and-more/15#post_9197472

post #33 of 41

amped or unamped?

post #34 of 41
Thread Starter 

Unamped, and @Snoopy Ears, I've visited many of the stores on that thread already.

post #35 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by nax0rz View Post
 

Unamped, and @Snoopy Ears, I've visited many of the stores on that thread already.

The Audiophiliac aka Steve Guttenberg has the JVC HA-RX700 on his list of sub $100 items for the holidays.

 

http://news.cnet.com/2300-13645_3-10019164-5.html

 

Might be worth looking into.

post #36 of 41

How about Superlux?  Seems like the reviews for their line up is pretty good.

http://www.headfonia.com/?s=superlux

 

I have the HD681 which popular for modifications.  Mine is unmodded (one day i keep telling myself).  Unmodded, the treble is very harsh but the rest of the frequencies are well represented.  DIY audio heaven has a step by step pdf on how to do the mod if you're interested.  Should be fairly cheap.

 

http://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/about/what-purpose/

post #37 of 41

the ath-m50 is $98 on amazon as of right now

post #38 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy Ears View Post
 

How about Superlux?  Seems like the reviews for their line up is pretty good.

http://www.headfonia.com/?s=superlux

 

I have the HD681 which popular for modifications.  Mine is unmodded (one day i keep telling myself).  Unmodded, the treble is very harsh but the rest of the frequencies are well represented.  DIY audio heaven has a step by step pdf on how to do the mod if you're interested.  Should be fairly cheap.

 

http://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/about/what-purpose/

I can't find any of these, the JVC one included. Buying online is not an option for me, unfortunately.

post #39 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by nax0rz View Post

I can't find any of these, the JVC one included. Buying online is not an option for me, unfortunately.

Living in headphone hell? What about a Sennheiser HD239 or a Creative Aurvana Live (CAL)?
post #40 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy Ears View Post


Living in headphone hell? What about a Sennheiser HD239 or a Creative Aurvana Live (CAL)?

I tried out the HD239 and prefer the SRH440 over them. As for the CAL, I'm not sure why but I can only find Creative's gaming audio in stock. I found the AKG k540 and an ultrasone pro 450 for a really good price. Still currently leaning towards the 440s though. I am deciding whether or not I should wait a month or two more and save up more cash for something like a dt770

post #41 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by nax0rz View Post
 

I tried out the HD239 and prefer the SRH440 over them. As for the CAL, I'm not sure why but I can only find Creative's gaming audio in stock. I found the AKG k540 and an ultrasone pro 450 for a really good price. Still currently leaning towards the 440s though. I am deciding whether or not I should wait a month or two more and save up more cash for something like a dt770

Depends how much cash you can save up in a month or two. If you can raise your budget to $200, you can get some really stellar budget headphones.

 

+1 on the $100 UE6000 recommendation.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › All-round Headphones for Indoor use <US$100