Hello, I am looking for a device to block out as much as possible noise from people talking loudly, bird singing, announcements from the bus's speaker, heavy typist, traffic sound. Prince does not matter. Don't mind if it is in ear or headphone. Any suggestion?
- productBose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Bose QC20 effective for talkative office environment? Last post on 10/4/14 at 12:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement Last post on 10/17/14 at 5:17pm in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Bose QC20i Versus Shure SE535 Last post on 5/10/14 at 10:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How to streamline Bose QC20 battery dongle/module? Last post on 5/7/14 at 5:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mad Dog Pro sound leakage? Last post on 5/6/14 at 11:20am in Headphones (full-size)
The ATH-m50 is my first ever headphone, not including the $2 ear-buds of course. Before the m50, I was just listening to ear-buds and didn't have much affection for music reproduction. However,...
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
Which device can block noisy human voice, bird singing, announcement from the bus's speaker,...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
in ear will do the trick. but what is your budget? I ask because there are several very good active noise cancelling headphones and one excellent active noise cancelling in ear. Unfortunately the really good active noise cancelling models are all expensive. Finally if you just want an in ear model to block out sound then go to the portables forum...
Could you please let me know the model number?
I have been using the Shure 115 for a few years. It is quite good but it cannot block out people who talk very loudly. Also, sometimes I feel pain in the ears after wearing it for awhile.
Edited by miko - 12/8/13 at 10:14pm
I own the Etymotic HF3. All 3 HFx models are the same driver just different choices of microphone options. Note you can also use Shure foam tips with them and you can also buy custom ear tips as well. Please go to the etymotic website for more information.
- Which device can block noisy human voice, bird singing, announcement from the bus's speaker, heavy typist
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 6 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 minutes ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 6 minutes ago
- › Post a picture of your Headphone Rig. 8 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by alexau123
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)