or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Looking for over-ear headphones around 150, being comfy is top priority
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for over-ear headphones around 150, being comfy is top priority

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

Hi there,

 

I need a nice pair of over ear headphones around 150, give or take 20-30?. I will be mostly using these for battlefield/movies, and will be wearing for long periods, so being comfortable is top priority for me.

 

Criteria:

 

-Over Ear

-Closed

-I don't have an amp

-Comfortable.

-Gaming/Skype/Movies no skype

 

I was looking around, and I found the AKG 271 MKII's http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Pro-Audio-K271-MKII/dp/B0016MOC28

However, I couldnt really find any reviews about these, is there a reason?

 

Any other recommendations would be great, thanks!

post #2 of 14

This guy has the same question as you: http://www.head-fi.org/t/692903/comfort-priority-which-headphones#post_10025746

post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 

Can anybody help me with the thing about akg 271 mkIIs?

post #4 of 14

http://www.head-fi.org/t/467048/another-akg-k271-mkii-review

 

might help.

 

most comfortable headphone to me is Sony MDR 1R if u can get one for used or for a lil cheaper. they usually run around 180 but their comfort is amazing

post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutellarise View Post
 

I need a nice pair of over ear headphones around 150, give or take 20-30?. I will be mostly using these for battlefield/movies, and will be wearing for long periods, so being comfortable is top priority for me.

-Over Ear

-Closed

-I don't have an amp

-Comfortable.

-Gaming/Skype/Movies no skype

I was looking around, and I found the AKG 271 MKII's http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Pro-Audio-K271-MKII/dp/B0016MOC28

However, I couldnt really find any reviews about these, is there a reason?

Any other recommendations would be great, thanks!

Gemini HSR-1000 closed headphones, $56.

post #6 of 14

Why closed?

Open will be much nicer for games and films.

post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken2109 View Post
 

Why closed?

Open will be much nicer for games and films.

Closed because I live in a house with some other people, and If I play/watch movies at night, they will be disturbed.

post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutellarise View Post
 

Closed because I live in a house with some other people, and If I play/watch movies at night, they will be disturbed.


Have you used open headphones before?

Unless you're sitting in the same room they won't hear anything.

post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken2109 View Post
 


Have you used open headphones before?

Unless you're sitting in the same room they won't hear anything.

 

We all work together in a room.

post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutellarise View Post
 

 

We all work together in a room.

How close together? Most open headphones don't really leak much unless you're listening to very loud music.

post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken2109 View Post
 

How close together? Most open headphones don't really leak much unless you're listening to very loud music.

:eek:

When volume level is kept at 22 (max is 60) in my E 17, the sound leak is considerable in my HE 400.

post #12 of 14

@ OP, I own a pair of K 240 MK II. They are very comfy to wear for long session. The construction of K270 MKII is very similar to that of K240 MK II. I have read that K 270 MK II have lesser bass than K240. If bass is also your main concern, you may want to look other models.

post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinstein View Post
 

:eek:

When volume level is kept at 22 (max is 60) in my E 17, the sound leak is considerable in my HE 400.

Wow, I guess they must be extra-leaky then because it doesn't match the few open backs i've tried.

post #14 of 14

The CAL! are really nice. You could also try finding a DT770 80ohm, I've seen them around $150.

 

EDIT: The DT770s have a great soundstage for closed headphones. That makes them good for movies and games.


Edited by WitHuntybee - 12/11/13 at 6:31pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Looking for over-ear headphones around 150, being comfy is top priority