Hello, made this account just so I could get this answer lol. Well, first of all I feel I am slowly becoming an audiophile after getting my first pair of klipsch image s-4 in-ear head phones last year and absolutely love them. I love them for listening to mainly dubstep and EDM, but now I wanna move to Over-Ear headphones. Im not very knowledgeable in the area of good headphones but from what I've researched the V-Moda Crossfade LP and Ultrasone HFI-580 seem the best for good bass and EDM yet still having a good all-around sound.
At first I compared the ATH M50s with the HFI-580s and wanted to get the HFI-580s but just saw the Crossfades and I'm no longer sure. Crossfades look soooo sick. This is basically what I think I need to know:
- Pros and Cons of each
- Which pair should I go with?
- The Crossfades seem like you get more extras with it (removable cord, case etc.), is that true?
- Heard the Crossfades aren't very good in any other genre other than EDM (I also listen to Rock, and Alternative occasionally), is this true?
- If one sounds better than the other, is it really that noticeable or not really?
- Is there other headphones im missing that would be better than those two?
Keep in mind I will probably not spend over $200 and I mainly listen to EDM, like dubstep, house, electronic etc. Also I feel I am quite a basshead and enjoy the crazy noises.
Thanks for reading guys! I hope I can make a decision, its so hard with so many options and not being able to test.