I've kept my original pads on my HD580s as they are still usable, however I've wanted to replace them with new pads but got turned off by the price of new pads which is around $80. On Ebay there's a seller from China offering replacement for less than half that price (~$30). Anyone ever try them out?
Related Forum Threads
- HD650s are so cheap? Last post on 2/10/15 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some expert help upgrading cans.. Last post on 2/3/15 at 2:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Collections Last post on 6/8/14 at 7:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE60 Earpads on HD650/600/580? Last post on 11/10/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD580/600/650 Earpad options? Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
First off, these were supplied to me for review by Pandora at Brainwavz for my honest and unbiased opinion, my thanks to them for their trust in me to do this. Here is a link to them on Amazon...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Replacement earpads for HD580 / HD600 / HD650 from Ebay seller from China?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wow, $80$ Is that from Sennheiser direct? I have a pair of 580's myself and ordered replacement pads over the phone directly from Germany. It was quite a while ago but the price was less than $30 if I remember right. I can tell you this if it's any help. I have a pair of Grado SR125's and ordered two pairs of velour ear pads from China and they are wonderful. They fit well and feel so much better than the crappy foam pads on the stock Grado's. I'd have no qualms at all about buying the Chinese ear pads.
All the best,
Yep, the prices have gone up some so they are like $70-$80 last time I checked. Too bad I didn't stock up back then when it was more fairly priced.
I went ahead and placed an order, he also sold the foam discs which I also ordered. Total price I paid was $37.96 for a pair of new earpads and discs. I'll post a review once I get them. Interesting to hear your Grado Chinese ear pads are better than the stock ones, it's not what I usually expect to hear about Chinese made goods.
I've purchased from Thomann UK for Sennheiser HD650 replacement pads, including the headband pads that are difficult to come by. I've found the prices to be competitive and they are fast in shipping, including to the US.
Here's a link to check: http://www.thomann.de/gb/sennheiser_hd_545565580_ohrpolster.htm
With the current exchange rate, it's roughly $60 bucks for genuine replacement Sennheiser ear pads.
I received my ear pads a few days ago, so it took about a week to get here, pretty fast considering it was from China. I'm happy with what I received, I'd order again. Pics are below, my ~10 year old original pads are on top, new ones from China are below them. I got the foam discs too but they are not pictured, those are fine too.
Glad you like the new ear pads - they look pretty good. I don't use the foam disks at all. Even before I replaced my original ear pads I had removed the foam. There's just the factory screen now between the transducer and my ears. You can now see the transducer when looking into the phones. It really opened up the midrange. It literally transformed the 580's. To me they were a little too dark and recessed with the foam pads. It's easy enough to try it and if you don't like it, put the pads back in.
I'm interrested in those earpads you found from an Ebay Seller (chines one)
Could you let me know his contact, I canot find him, for HD 565 wich are the same as for
- HD-545 II
- HD-565 II
- HD-580 Jubilee
Thanks a lot.
Seems like he sells nothing for the moment, Check back later, if you have another option for low cost earpads let me know!
Seconding this, as the drawheart user on eBay seems to have quite a few in stock again.
I should recive a pair of ear pad and a new headband in about a week, I'll let you kow how they turn out to be.
Ok my ear pad arrived yesterday.
I'm using those on a HD580 that I just bought, so I can only compare them to quite worn original pads.
The quality is good, the velour is comfortable, not itchy nor smelly like other cinese ear pad i bought, but they are not as thick as the originals, although they are thicker than the worn out ones I have.
About sound, I don't notice much difference, but again I never heard the originals in new state.
- Replacement earpads for HD580 / HD600 / HD650 from Ebay seller from China?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Boston Meet? 7 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 11 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 41 seconds ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 59 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › [FS] Beyerdynamic T5P (New Stock with Warranty) 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › BRAND NEW SONY ZX2. 7 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-A20 SERIES 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by dragon2knight
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2