I've kept my original pads on my HD580s as they are still usable, however I've wanted to replace them with new pads but got turned off by the price of new pads which is around $80. On Ebay there's a seller from China offering replacement for less than half that price (~$30). Anyone ever try them out?
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Collections Last post on 6/8/14 at 7:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE60 Earpads on HD650/600/580? Last post on 5/19/14 at 9:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD580/600/650 Earpad options? Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 580 - 600 - 650 replacement drivers not what they seem Last post on 1/25/14 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD580 with HD600 Grilles and Upgraded ZY High End HD650 Cable [Australia] [Worldwide] Last post on 9/13/13 at 5:47am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Replacement earpads for HD580 / HD600 / HD650 from Ebay seller from China?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wow, $80$ Is that from Sennheiser direct? I have a pair of 580's myself and ordered replacement pads over the phone directly from Germany. It was quite a while ago but the price was less than $30 if I remember right. I can tell you this if it's any help. I have a pair of Grado SR125's and ordered two pairs of velour ear pads from China and they are wonderful. They fit well and feel so much better than the crappy foam pads on the stock Grado's. I'd have no qualms at all about buying the Chinese ear pads.
All the best,
Yep, the prices have gone up some so they are like $70-$80 last time I checked. Too bad I didn't stock up back then when it was more fairly priced.
I went ahead and placed an order, he also sold the foam discs which I also ordered. Total price I paid was $37.96 for a pair of new earpads and discs. I'll post a review once I get them. Interesting to hear your Grado Chinese ear pads are better than the stock ones, it's not what I usually expect to hear about Chinese made goods.
I've purchased from Thomann UK for Sennheiser HD650 replacement pads, including the headband pads that are difficult to come by. I've found the prices to be competitive and they are fast in shipping, including to the US.
Here's a link to check: http://www.thomann.de/gb/sennheiser_hd_545565580_ohrpolster.htm
With the current exchange rate, it's roughly $60 bucks for genuine replacement Sennheiser ear pads.
I received my ear pads a few days ago, so it took about a week to get here, pretty fast considering it was from China. I'm happy with what I received, I'd order again. Pics are below, my ~10 year old original pads are on top, new ones from China are below them. I got the foam discs too but they are not pictured, those are fine too.
Glad you like the new ear pads - they look pretty good. I don't use the foam disks at all. Even before I replaced my original ear pads I had removed the foam. There's just the factory screen now between the transducer and my ears. You can now see the transducer when looking into the phones. It really opened up the midrange. It literally transformed the 580's. To me they were a little too dark and recessed with the foam pads. It's easy enough to try it and if you don't like it, put the pads back in.
I'm interrested in those earpads you found from an Ebay Seller (chines one)
Could you let me know his contact, I canot find him, for HD 565 wich are the same as for
- HD-545 II
- HD-565 II
- HD-580 Jubilee
Thanks a lot.
Seems like he sells nothing for the moment, Check back later, if you have another option for low cost earpads let me know!
- Replacement earpads for HD580 / HD600 / HD650 from Ebay seller from China?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PX100-II Review | Appreciation Thread 50 seconds ago
- › What smartphone screen size do you prefer? 2 minutes ago
- › POCKET RADIO RECOMMENDATION NEEDED 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › audio-gd C-2 Class A 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 or E17? 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)