I've kept my original pads on my HD580s as they are still usable, however I've wanted to replace them with new pads but got turned off by the price of new pads which is around $80. On Ebay there's a seller from China offering replacement for less than half that price (~$30). Anyone ever try them out?
Related Forum Threads
- HD580/600/650 Earpad options? Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 580 - 600 - 650 replacement drivers not what they seem Last post on 1/25/14 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD580 with HD600 Grilles and Upgraded ZY High End HD650 Cable [Australia] [Worldwide] Last post on 9/13/13 at 5:47am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Review: Effect Audio Thor cables for IEMs and full sized headphones (in both Silver and SPC form) Last post on 8/25/13 at 10:12pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Upgrade for modded HD555 around £250? Last post on 3/25/13 at 8:37am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
Replacement earpads for HD580 / HD600 / HD650 from Ebay seller from China?post #1 of 1012/8/13 at 11:10amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1012/10/13 at 4:14ampost #3 of 1012/10/13 at 1:35pm
Wow, $80$ Is that from Sennheiser direct? I have a pair of 580's myself and ordered replacement pads over the phone directly from Germany. It was quite a while ago but the price was less than $30 if I remember right. I can tell you this if it's any help. I have a pair of Grado SR125's and ordered two pairs of velour ear pads from China and they are wonderful. They fit well and feel so much better than the crappy foam pads on the stock Grado's. I'd have no qualms at all about buying the Chinese ear pads.
All the best,
Frankpost #4 of 1012/10/13 at 3:39pmThread Starter
Yep, the prices have gone up some so they are like $70-$80 last time I checked. Too bad I didn't stock up back then when it was more fairly priced.
I went ahead and placed an order, he also sold the foam discs which I also ordered. Total price I paid was $37.96 for a pair of new earpads and discs. I'll post a review once I get them. Interesting to hear your Grado Chinese ear pads are better than the stock ones, it's not what I usually expect to hear about Chinese made goods.post #5 of 1012/10/13 at 10:02pm
I've purchased from Thomann UK for Sennheiser HD650 replacement pads, including the headband pads that are difficult to come by. I've found the prices to be competitive and they are fast in shipping, including to the US.
Here's a link to check: http://www.thomann.de/gb/sennheiser_hd_545565580_ohrpolster.htm
With the current exchange rate, it's roughly $60 bucks for genuine replacement Sennheiser ear pads.post #6 of 1012/20/13 at 2:51pmThread Starter
I received my ear pads a few days ago, so it took about a week to get here, pretty fast considering it was from China. I'm happy with what I received, I'd order again. Pics are below, my ~10 year old original pads are on top, new ones from China are below them. I got the foam discs too but they are not pictured, those are fine too.post #7 of 1012/20/13 at 4:55pm
Glad you like the new ear pads - they look pretty good. I don't use the foam disks at all. Even before I replaced my original ear pads I had removed the foam. There's just the factory screen now between the transducer and my ears. You can now see the transducer when looking into the phones. It really opened up the midrange. It literally transformed the 580's. To me they were a little too dark and recessed with the foam pads. It's easy enough to try it and if you don't like it, put the pads back in.post #8 of 101/18/14 at 1:21pm
I'm interrested in those earpads you found from an Ebay Seller (chines one)
Could you let me know his contact, I canot find him, for HD 565 wich are the same as for
- HD-545 II
- HD-565 II
- HD-580 Jubilee
Thanks a lot.
Sarahpost #9 of 101/18/14 at 6:13pmThread Starterpost #10 of 101/29/14 at 4:37am
Seems like he sells nothing for the moment, Check back later, if you have another option for low cost earpads let me know!
- Replacement earpads for HD580 / HD600 / HD650 from Ebay seller from China?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 41 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 46 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 1 minute ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 2 minutes ago
- › Chesky Records makes a high-rez album for Head-Fi'ers--in binaural! 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 4 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 5 minutes ago
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob