I've kept my original pads on my HD580s as they are still usable, however I've wanted to replace them with new pads but got turned off by the price of new pads which is around $80. On Ebay there's a seller from China offering replacement for less than half that price (~$30). Anyone ever try them out?
Related Forum Threads
- HD650s are so cheap? Last post on 2/10/15 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some expert help upgrading cans.. Last post on 2/3/15 at 2:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Collections Last post on 6/8/14 at 7:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE60 Earpads on HD650/600/580? Last post on 11/10/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD580/600/650 Earpad options? Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Preface: Hearing the MSB Analog was a long overdue matter. A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided it was a good time to do something about it, hence I got one from local dealer to have the...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
Disclaimer I was part of the european leg on the X5 world tour, so I did receive a review unit, free of charge, for ten days, but it was already running FW 1.0. I am in no way affiliated with...
Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited needs some serious burning-in. They sound horrible at the beginning but after about 30-40 hrs they are getting better and better - very open (doesn't sound like closed...
Replacement earpads for HD580 / HD600 / HD650 from Ebay seller from China?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wow, $80$ Is that from Sennheiser direct? I have a pair of 580's myself and ordered replacement pads over the phone directly from Germany. It was quite a while ago but the price was less than $30 if I remember right. I can tell you this if it's any help. I have a pair of Grado SR125's and ordered two pairs of velour ear pads from China and they are wonderful. They fit well and feel so much better than the crappy foam pads on the stock Grado's. I'd have no qualms at all about buying the Chinese ear pads.
All the best,
Yep, the prices have gone up some so they are like $70-$80 last time I checked. Too bad I didn't stock up back then when it was more fairly priced.
I went ahead and placed an order, he also sold the foam discs which I also ordered. Total price I paid was $37.96 for a pair of new earpads and discs. I'll post a review once I get them. Interesting to hear your Grado Chinese ear pads are better than the stock ones, it's not what I usually expect to hear about Chinese made goods.
I've purchased from Thomann UK for Sennheiser HD650 replacement pads, including the headband pads that are difficult to come by. I've found the prices to be competitive and they are fast in shipping, including to the US.
Here's a link to check: http://www.thomann.de/gb/sennheiser_hd_545565580_ohrpolster.htm
With the current exchange rate, it's roughly $60 bucks for genuine replacement Sennheiser ear pads.
I received my ear pads a few days ago, so it took about a week to get here, pretty fast considering it was from China. I'm happy with what I received, I'd order again. Pics are below, my ~10 year old original pads are on top, new ones from China are below them. I got the foam discs too but they are not pictured, those are fine too.
Glad you like the new ear pads - they look pretty good. I don't use the foam disks at all. Even before I replaced my original ear pads I had removed the foam. There's just the factory screen now between the transducer and my ears. You can now see the transducer when looking into the phones. It really opened up the midrange. It literally transformed the 580's. To me they were a little too dark and recessed with the foam pads. It's easy enough to try it and if you don't like it, put the pads back in.
I'm interrested in those earpads you found from an Ebay Seller (chines one)
Could you let me know his contact, I canot find him, for HD 565 wich are the same as for
- HD-545 II
- HD-565 II
- HD-580 Jubilee
Thanks a lot.
Seems like he sells nothing for the moment, Check back later, if you have another option for low cost earpads let me know!
Seconding this, as the drawheart user on eBay seems to have quite a few in stock again.
I should recive a pair of ear pad and a new headband in about a week, I'll let you kow how they turn out to be.
Ok my ear pad arrived yesterday.
I'm using those on a HD580 that I just bought, so I can only compare them to quite worn original pads.
The quality is good, the velour is comfortable, not itchy nor smelly like other cinese ear pad i bought, but they are not as thick as the originals, although they are thicker than the worn out ones I have.
About sound, I don't notice much difference, but again I never heard the originals in new state.
- Replacement earpads for HD580 / HD600 / HD650 from Ebay seller from China?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Need help picking a pair of headphones 5 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. 9 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 38 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Non-IEM Bluetooth headphones recommendations for eyeglasses wearer? 3 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for classical music 3 minutes ago
- › Fidue A33, A65, and A73 - Review and Comparison 3 minutes ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3