I've kept my original pads on my HD580s as they are still usable, however I've wanted to replace them with new pads but got turned off by the price of new pads which is around $80. On Ebay there's a seller from China offering replacement for less than half that price (~$30). Anyone ever try them out?
Related Forum Threads
- HD650s are so cheap? Last post on 2/10/15 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some expert help upgrading cans.. Last post on 2/3/15 at 2:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Collections Last post on 6/8/14 at 7:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE60 Earpads on HD650/600/580? Last post on 11/10/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD580/600/650 Earpad options? Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
I bought this in october. I agree with other reviewers, the sound is definitely value for money you can read other reviews for that. However, the build quality is terrible. I took good...
"Low cost champion", "Best in it's own way"... i love the way how things work in this earphone business :) however, please do not worry, vaziyetu here to correct things (again). first of all,...
Replacement earpads for HD580 / HD600 / HD650 from Ebay seller from China?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wow, $80$ Is that from Sennheiser direct? I have a pair of 580's myself and ordered replacement pads over the phone directly from Germany. It was quite a while ago but the price was less than $30 if I remember right. I can tell you this if it's any help. I have a pair of Grado SR125's and ordered two pairs of velour ear pads from China and they are wonderful. They fit well and feel so much better than the crappy foam pads on the stock Grado's. I'd have no qualms at all about buying the Chinese ear pads.
All the best,
Yep, the prices have gone up some so they are like $70-$80 last time I checked. Too bad I didn't stock up back then when it was more fairly priced.
I went ahead and placed an order, he also sold the foam discs which I also ordered. Total price I paid was $37.96 for a pair of new earpads and discs. I'll post a review once I get them. Interesting to hear your Grado Chinese ear pads are better than the stock ones, it's not what I usually expect to hear about Chinese made goods.
I've purchased from Thomann UK for Sennheiser HD650 replacement pads, including the headband pads that are difficult to come by. I've found the prices to be competitive and they are fast in shipping, including to the US.
Here's a link to check: http://www.thomann.de/gb/sennheiser_hd_545565580_ohrpolster.htm
With the current exchange rate, it's roughly $60 bucks for genuine replacement Sennheiser ear pads.
I received my ear pads a few days ago, so it took about a week to get here, pretty fast considering it was from China. I'm happy with what I received, I'd order again. Pics are below, my ~10 year old original pads are on top, new ones from China are below them. I got the foam discs too but they are not pictured, those are fine too.
Glad you like the new ear pads - they look pretty good. I don't use the foam disks at all. Even before I replaced my original ear pads I had removed the foam. There's just the factory screen now between the transducer and my ears. You can now see the transducer when looking into the phones. It really opened up the midrange. It literally transformed the 580's. To me they were a little too dark and recessed with the foam pads. It's easy enough to try it and if you don't like it, put the pads back in.
I'm interrested in those earpads you found from an Ebay Seller (chines one)
Could you let me know his contact, I canot find him, for HD 565 wich are the same as for
- HD-545 II
- HD-565 II
- HD-580 Jubilee
Thanks a lot.
Seems like he sells nothing for the moment, Check back later, if you have another option for low cost earpads let me know!
- Replacement earpads for HD580 / HD600 / HD650 from Ebay seller from China?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Orgy of Capacitors: The Cap Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 25 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › SpinFit Eartips Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Set Of Headphones To Pair With Lyr? 3 minutes ago
- › Competition Closed...but what is in the Retro – Stereo 50? 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2