or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread - Page 50

post #736 of 3374

This is by far the most excited I've been for a kickstarter.  It's the most I've spent by $100+ and tbh, the cable isnt a huge deal to me as long as it's not overly visible to people like 10ft from me. Plus, I'm more concerned about the actual 3.5mm end jack...we'll find out, but I'm sure that I'll be happy no matter what!

 

 

 

 

Also, anyone know if any part of the cable is braided / twisted?  I'm a sucker for braided / twisted cables like their other IEMs:

 


Edited by crazyg0od33 - 2/12/14 at 5:13pm
post #737 of 3374

I guess we'll know once the impressions start flowing in.  My guess on the cable build on whether it's twisted or not is to took at the Sennheiser IE800 with it kevlar weave construction.  From the get go, I've assumed that the Rocket's cable might be modeled from the IE800 cable. 

post #738 of 3374
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyg0od33 View Post
 

This is by far the most excited I've been for a kickstarter.  It's the most I've spent by $100+ and tbh, the cable isnt a huge deal to me as long as it's not overly visible to people like 10ft from me. Plus, I'm more concerned about the actual 3.5mm end jack...we'll find out, but I'm sure that I'll be happy no matter what!

 

 

 

 

Also, anyone know if any part of the cable is braided / twisted?  I'm a sucker for braided / twisted cables like their other IEMs:

 

Whats to know about the 3.5mm? it's a 45 degree 3.5mm plug I believe

post #739 of 3374
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post
 

Whats to know about the 3.5mm? it's a 45 degree 3.5mm plug I believe

theres a lot of compatibility issues with certain smartphone cases, and with the plug being too large, and I'm also just curious what type of plug they'll use to match the extreme quality and durability they've discussed so far

post #740 of 3374
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyg0od33 View Post
 

theres a lot of compatibility issues with certain smartphone cases, and with the plug being too large, and I'm also just curious what type of plug they'll use to match the extreme quality and durability they've discussed so far

 

Well, these aren't targeted at a professional audience, so I doubt we'll see the generic plug that comes on the generic cables that come with the ASG.  If they do use a large block plug like that, it'll be a huge mistake.  An angled plug is fine, but as long as it fits with most (or better yet, all) cases. 

post #741 of 3374
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post
 

 

Well, these aren't targeted at a professional audience, so I doubt we'll see the generic plug that comes on the generic cables that come with the ASG.  If they do use a large block plug like that, it'll be a huge mistake.  An angled plug is fine, but as long as it fits with most (or better yet, all) cases. 


Plug is specially designed Gold plated 3.5mm three conductor with a metal step that allows it to go into most cases easily and is at a 45 degree angle.

post #742 of 3374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurisonics View Post
 


Plug is specially designed Gold plated 3.5mm three conductor with a metal step that allows it to go into most cases easily and is at a 45 degree angle.

 

That sounds really promising :) 

post #743 of 3374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurisonics View Post


Plug is specially designed Gold plated 3.5mm three conductor with a metal step that allows it to go into most cases easily and is at a 45 degree angle.

 

A 45-degree angle seems pretty much perfect for a headphone jack... Loved it on the V-Moda M80, and I'm guessing it'll be great on these too. Great call, Dale!!

post #744 of 3374
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
 

So newest update shows the finishes for 4/5. I thought this would make things easier. WHY DALE! WHY?

 

 

Wow. I prefer "standard," finally.

post #745 of 3374
TiN finish = better protection / more durable compared to standard ?
post #746 of 3374

the gold looks too yellow...  :/

post #747 of 3374
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamcok View Post
 

the gold looks too yellow...  :/

it's just a rendering.  gold is easy to find everywhere - go to home depot and look at the drill bits.  the gold ones are TiN coated and that'll be the gold finish

post #748 of 3374
If the rendering is really off, it doesn't help much with choice.
post #749 of 3374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post
 

well from what I've seen in person, it's usually just a little less shiny.  It's the right shade of yellow, but not quite that shiny.  But I was just suggesting so you can see a real, physical TiN coated item

post #750 of 3374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobbing View Post

TiN finish = better protection / more durable compared to standard ?

Well since they are on drill bits and well they are quite damn sturdy with heavy use, id say yes, they will already be more durable than what they already are  (practically indestructible) with a different finish.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread