or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread - Page 40

post #586 of 3371

hopefully they get around to answering some of the more pertinent questions soon. the ones i've seen asked that i'm also interested in are if the new cables apply to the non-mic versions, if the in-line mic has controls as well, and if it's android compatible. i don't really ever use a mic but the controls might be nice. but i'm most likely gonna stand pat with the non-mic version.

post #587 of 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
 

hopefully they get around to answering some of the more pertinent questions soon. the ones i've seen asked that i'm also interested in are if the new cables apply to the non-mic versions, if the in-line mic has controls as well, and if it's android compatible. i don't really ever use a mic but the controls might be nice. but i'm most likely gonna stand pat with the non-mic version.

Mic is very useful, especially for working out. I know most will use these for their workout routines. 

post #588 of 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiobot View Post
 

Mic is very useful, especially for working out. I know most will use these for their workout routines. 


i'm just not a mic with my phone kinda guy. if i have to answer someone i'd rather just answer my phone. i also have a bluetooth headset which i rarely ever use, so.

post #589 of 3371

Damn. Mic and call button only. They should just wait and get it certified with iOS and Android. We are already waiting for another 2 months, I won't mind waiting 6-8 months just to have those features. Oh well. Guess I will get the non-mic Rockets.

post #590 of 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
 


i'm just not a mic with my phone kinda guy. if i have to answer someone i'd rather just answer my phone. i also have a bluetooth headset which i rarely ever use, so.

I understand. I go this route myself, but its also cumbersome to remove iems from your ear as well as unplugging to take a call  =T

post #591 of 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiobot View Post
 

Damn. Mic and call button only. They should just wait and get it certified with iOS and Android. We are already waiting for another 2 months, I won't mind waiting 6-8 months just to have those features. Oh well. Guess I will get the non-mic Rockets.

you cant have a 3-button remote and have it android compatible (except certain models like Samsung where they build in basically fake support for apple's 3-button remote)

 

It would then need to be 2 models and screw it up even more.

 

However, since I will use these on both an android phone AND an iPod, I think I'm most likely going to change back to the standard $150 pledge level.

post #592 of 3371

I mainly use the remote/mic for the remote functionality...  Play, pause, skip, back, etc.  I do use it to answer calls or other things if I'm out and about.  It also helps quite a bit in the cold and snow, which I've gotten more than enough of lately.

 

If I'm not mistaken, 3-button mics should work with Android/Windows phones, the only difference is that the volume buttons won't have any function, but the center button should.  I know I've used a 3-button mic with an LG dumbphone before.  The center button still functioned normally (assuming the phone supported a single button mic). 


Edited by tinyman392 - 2/1/14 at 2:42pm
post #593 of 3371
Not sure if I want just a call answer function and mic so will likely just stick with the original cable. I was not worried about volume buttons (android user) but did want to be able to pause and skip tracks. Non mic IEM's I just hold the phone near my mouth and keep the ear buds in when answering the phone.
post #594 of 3371

No desire here to have a mic or remote or whatever… But I think it's impressive that they did figure this out and add it as an option, after saying 'nope, can't happen this time around!' …seems they really want this product to be the best it can be…

post #595 of 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

Not sure if I want just a call answer function and mic so will likely just stick with the original cable. I was not worried about volume buttons (android user) but did want to be able to pause and skip tracks. Non mic IEM's I just hold the phone near my mouth and keep the ear buds in when answering the phone.

Haha. You can do that? This whole time I would remove the earphones and dislodge the cable from the phone to answer calls. You sir, are a winner. Never got around to trying that and now that I know it works, it makes the non-mic less of an issue.


Edited by audiobot - 2/1/14 at 3:15pm
post #596 of 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiobot View Post
 

Haha. You can do that? This whole time I would remove the earphones and dislodge the cable from the phone to answer calls. You sir, are a winner. Never got around to trying that and now that I know it works, it makes the non-mic less of an issue.

Just wanted to point out some of the newer Android phones (at least) use the speakerphone mic when answering calls with headphones connected.  I use this with my Galaxy Note 3 all the time and don't have any problems with the person on the other end hearing me unless the phone is still in my pocket.

post #597 of 3371

after deliberation, I decided to not do the mic and just go with 2 sets of the two colours I want. The decision to do this was simple really... I tested out on my phone, and the mic is really low for inline for other than my M100 boom mic. Every other mic'd headphone I tested sounds low.

post #598 of 3371
Does anyone have the hard shell case that's offered? I don't know how well the soft pouch they are including will be able to hold the earpieces and over the ear adapter so I upped my donation to get the case as well. Curious if it is worth the extra $15?
post #599 of 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteMcScruffin View Post

Does anyone have the hard shell case that's offered? I don't know how well the soft pouch they are including will be able to hold the earpieces and over the ear adapter so I upped my donation to get the case as well. Curious if it is worth the extra $15?

 

I do have the hard shelled case that is offered.  It comes with their AS(G) series, it replaced the Otterbox that they did offer as the Otterbox was a little tough to open :p  The case is like a Pelican/Otterbox case, same quality, same type of materials and use. It's the same type of case that comes with some custom IEMs.  It's a nice case. 

post #600 of 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

I do have the hard shelled case that is offered.  It comes with their AS(G) series, it replaced the Otterbox that they did offer as the Otterbox was a little tough to open tongue.gif  The case is like a Pelican/Otterbox case, same quality, same type of materials and use. It's the same type of case that comes with some custom IEMs.  It's a nice case. 

Thanks for the reply. I've been following the thread since the Rockets campaign was launched and appreciate the input everyone has had. I think the end product may have not been as special without this thread. That said, thanks to everyone who has had input and opinions to help Dale and AS shape this thing into an even better product!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread