Originally Posted by Theogenes
Got a Kickstarter update email, looks like the mic cable is a no-go (link). Really wish there was a version that would have it, but I'm used to having to piece together other solutions for it at this point. C'est la vie. Looks like they've put in two stretch goals, one for a Titanium Nitride coating and another for an over-ear add-on. I'm baselessly assuming the over-ear doodad is the one SGS referred to in his impressions, and if that's the case, I'm definitely interested.
Other random ideas for possible stretch goals (with the understanding that lots of these are pretty out there):
- Killer carrying case (possibilities: mil-spec, waterproof, cable wrap guide, carabiner, pouches/sections for other gear, etc).
Could work, but it'd have to be better than all the cases I already own.
- Additional different tips, maybe an upgrade option for some kind of custom tip (if that even makes sense for such small IEMs).
Yeah. Bigger tips for people with big ear canals. If the current tips are made to fit "average ears," then they'll be too small for me, as usual.
Custom tips could work, too. I remember Aurisonics doing custom silicone tips, so they've got the technology. The small size of the rockets could allow for a flush fit -- NOT something like this:
- Different/upgraded jack connector (45-degree angled plug would be pretty great IMO).
I like 45-degree angled plugs, too. What's the current plug like?
- Color options (I personally don't care at all, but some might).
I wouldn't care about it either.
- Custom inscription on housing (initials or something). Or maybe some kind of inscription/screen printing or customization option for a carrying case.
Customized housing would be cool, but probably more trouble that it would be worth. As for the customized carrying case, it depends on the carrying case.
- Different cable length options (might be wise given the apparent ability of these to withstand a direct nuclear attack, which presumably makes them difficult to modify).
- Removable cable (I know this is almost certainly not gonna happen, but it's worth mentioning anyway).
I personally like very short cable. If they stop at the Y junction, I'm happy. I can easily plug a extension cord, but I can't make the existing cord shorter.
Removable cable won't happen this time, but could make the next Rocket more flexible as one could swap between different lengths of cable, or use a BT cable, etc.
- Aurisonics t-shirt included with purchase, or a discount for one, or some other piece of AS gear that identifies us to rival gangs as enemies.
I hate promotional T-shirts. But I know some people love them.
- "I Don't Care If You Honk, I Shove Rockets In My Ears" bumper sticker.
I don't have a car, and if I did, I'd like to keep it sticker-free, but that's still a very cool idea.
- Song download made particularly for Rocket users. (Just based on all the pro-audio connections Dale and company have). Or sampler music or something.
Could be cool, if well done.
- Invite for a tour of AS facility. (Saw a lot of other Kickstarter campaigns doing parties and whatnot, thought this might be neat).
I live too far to be interested, but yeah, it could be neat. With a special guest, maybe?
- Discount coupon/code towards another AS product. (Towards impressions for custom-fit stuff, mayhaps?)
Would work for me.