or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread - Page 18

post #256 of 3382
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiobot View Post
 

The most important question no one is asking: Is it just a mic/remote or mic/remote/volume adjuster? 

 

I think it would be more reasonable to have just the mic-remote. Less bulky than the volume adjuster, and less stuff to go wrong. I'm sure most phones have volume buttons tactile enough to adjust through jeans.

 

I'm pretty excited for the rockets. The IE800 is probably my favorite phone in terms of mids, and SGS says the Rockets are better? Sign a brother up.

post #257 of 3382
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post
 

 

I think it would be more reasonable to have just the mic-remote. Less bulky than the volume adjuster, and less stuff to go wrong. I'm sure most phones have volume buttons tactile enough to adjust through jeans.

 

I'm pretty excited for the rockets. The IE800 is probably my favorite phone in terms of mids, and SGS says the Rockets are better? Sign a brother up.

 

Could be right, but volume adjustment is great for running or for when your other hand is occupied. I can trust the team at Aurisonics to make it as sleek as possible.


Edited by audiobot - 1/5/14 at 12:04pm
post #258 of 3382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurisonics View Post
 

 

it's a pretty tiny design currently and of course will be IP65 as well or I would not add it.

 

So let me ask you guys what do you think the waterproof add on mic with controls should cost. Keep in mind this is NOT made in china stuff these things will be durable since we will be making them.

 

I have no idea yet of the actual material and labor cost along with tooling so keep that in mind as well.

 

Personally, no more than 20 dollars...  Otherwise, it'll be a feature no one is interested in.  I understand they aren't made in China, but that's your competition, they tend to charge 10 dollars extra.  

 

____

 

People are talking about volume control as well.  The issue with this is that each company, mainly Sammy and Apple, have their own protocols for having volume control on the mic.  Even further, if you go through Apple, you may want to get MiFi Certification as well.  Single button, however, is simple and, more or less, universal.  


Edited by tinyman392 - 1/5/14 at 10:49am
post #259 of 3382
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post
 

 

Personally, no more than 20 dollars...  Otherwise, it'll be a feature no one is interested in.  I understand they aren't made in China, but that's your competition, they tend to charge 10 dollars extra.  

 

____

 

People are talking about volume control as well.  The issue with this is that each company, mainly Sammy and Apple, have their own protocols for having volume control on the mic.  Even further, if you go through Apple, you may want to get MiFi Certification as well.  Single button, however, is simple and, more or less, universal.  

 

I don't think I'd bother if it was just a mic. With the RHA's I use the remote mainly to adjust volume easily when my phone is buried under a million layers of clothing during our wonderful Canadian winter or when I'm working on my MacBook Pro at work or home.

post #260 of 3382
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnero View Post
 

 

I don't think I'd bother if it was just a mic. With the RHA's I use the remote mainly to adjust volume easily when my phone is buried under a million layers of clothing during our wonderful Canadian winter or when I'm working on my MacBook Pro at work or home.

 

I mainly use the remote/mic to switch between songs when I'm walking through the cold winters XD  Rarely touch the volume actually.  

post #261 of 3382

Looking at best way to implement generic controls and mic in the smallest way possible that keeps with the durability of these. Cables ROCKETS are designed with now won't work for a mic, so for sure going to be a different version. Because of that I'm sure it will be more than $20. I don't think over $50 though. What others charge is what they charge, once I know what our cost will be we will not gouge anyone but the price will be decided from that.

post #262 of 3382
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post
 

I'm pretty excited for the rockets. The IE800 is probably my favorite phone in terms of mids, and SGS says the Rockets are better? Sign a brother up.

 

Well I hope others think so too.  I wasn't crazy over the IE800 bass and treble and those are the areas I thought were better on the Rockets.  IE800's mids were very good.

 

My bottlehead crack sold today, so I'll be able to get the V200 half of the Violectric stack.

post #263 of 3382
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post
 

 

Well I hope others think so too.  I wasn't crazy over the IE800 bass and treble and those are the areas I thought were better on the Rockets.  IE800's mids were very good.

 

My bottlehead crack sold today, so I'll be able to get the V200 half of the Violectric stack.

I finally got my Lehmann amp back (Norbert sent me) that I let someone borrow, then paired it with the V800 DAC then listened to ROCKETS. I was very in Love with the sound of ROCKETS but I think I like the Lehmann amp better with them. The dynamic range seems to be better and the Lehmann is much more transparent when A/B the Violectric and Lehman back to back with the V800 DAC. I am in no way putting down on the V200 as it is amazing as well. SGS if you are coming through Nashville soon be sure and stop in to hear that combo.

post #264 of 3382
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

Well I hope others think so too.  I wasn't crazy over the IE800 bass and treble and those are the areas I thought were better on the Rockets.  IE800's mids were very good.

My bottlehead crack sold today, so I'll be able to get the V200 half of the Violectric stack.

Is that just for iem's or also full sized? That's definitely overkill if it's just for iem's.
post #265 of 3382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurisonics View Post
 

I finally got my Lehmann amp back (Norbert sent me) that I let someone borrow, then paired it with the V800 DAC then listened to ROCKETS. I was very in Love with the sound of ROCKETS but I think I like the Lehmann amp better with them. The dynamic range seems to be better and the Lehmann is much more transparent when A/B the Violectric and Lehman back to back with the V800 DAC. I am in no way putting down on the V200 as it is amazing as well. SGS if you are coming through Nashville soon be sure and stop in to hear that combo.

 

Is it as smooth as the v200? 

Edit: Looks like all the Lehmann models have 5ohm output impedance.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post


Is that just for iem's or also full sized? That's definitely overkill if it's just for iem's.

 

Both.


Edited by shotgunshane - 1/5/14 at 1:43pm
post #266 of 3382
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post
 

 

Is it as smooth as the v200?

Edit: Looks like all the Lehmann models have 5ohm output impedance.

 

 

Both.

My Lehmann is a studio cube. It's as smooth and not as heavy sounding.

post #267 of 3382

This might have been mentioned earlier but I have yet to find it -

 

Will the Kevlar tri-weave cable casing produce microphonics? I find that this happens with my Audiofly units, which is not a big deal once there is music/sound above a certain volume but until you reach that point it is annoying.

 

And without sounding rude but totally uninformed what makes these different to something like the Shure 215?

 

Thanks.


Edited by LordWormwood - 1/6/14 at 1:37am
post #268 of 3382
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWormwood View Post
 

This might have been mentioned earlier but I have yet to find it -

 

Will the Kevlar tri-weave cable casing produce microphonics? I find that this happens with my Audiofly units, which is not a big deal once there is music/sound above a certain volume but until you reach that point it is annoying.

 

And without sounding rude but totally uninformed what makes these different to something like the Shure 215?

 

Thanks.

 

Audiofly (I've only tried the AF78) has some of the worst micro phonics I've ever encountered...  It's horrific on many fronts.  There are plenty of cables that are Kevlar reinforced that aren't as microphonic though.  

 

As for comparisons with the 215...  This IEM will be a little more than twice its price.  The Aurisonics signature would be the main reason, the housing is also titanium (not plastic) XD  

post #269 of 3382
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWormwood View Post
 

This might have been mentioned earlier but I have yet to find it -

 

Will the Kevlar tri-weave cable casing produce microphonics? I find that this happens with my Audiofly units, which is not a big deal once there is music/sound above a certain volume but until you reach that point it is annoying.

 

 

I too would like to know if microphonics is a problem. 

 

I know a shirt clip would help but only up to a point..

post #270 of 3382
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekingduck View Post
 

 

I too would like to know if microphonics is a problem.

 

I know a shirt clip would help but only up to a point..

Any direct in ear where the cable couples to a housing and has no point to dissipate energy from microphonics to your shirt or head first will of course have it. ROCKETS will have some microphonics. We ,however, have added a layer of conductive PVC in the cable to dissipate the small charge generated by a cable when it is flexing. This charge generally causes some microphonics. Having been dissipated by our cable that part is reduced. The cable is pretty soft to be as durable as it is and that helps with microphonics as well. The Y in the cable has a feature to attach it to your clothing nicely which can also help dissipate cable microphonics.

 

So yes some microphonics to be expected but we did a lot to reduce it as you can see from the above.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread