or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread - Page 125

post #1861 of 3373
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post


Yes that happened to my first pair. Aurisonics warranty covers it, and they sent out a new pair right away. You might have to wait for that particular color combo though. I changed from gold to grey so that I didn't have to wait.

Odd that it happened to you as well. Hopefully it's not indicative of a more widespread issue.

It better not.

 

 

:confused_face:

post #1862 of 3373
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post


Yes that happened to my first pair. Aurisonics warranty covers it, and they sent out a new pair right away. You might have to wait for that particular color combo though. I changed from gold to grey so that I didn't have to wait.

Odd that it happened to you as well. Hopefully it's not indicative of a more widespread issue.

Thanks Gnar, and mine have extra low usage as I havent been using them at work and use the DITAs at home.

post #1863 of 3373
The microphonics of the phones when wearing straight down seems pretty apparent. Anybody facing it as well?
post #1864 of 3373
I'm guessing everyone is. The only way is over the ear with these
post #1865 of 3373
I only wear over the ear and do not have any issues with microphonics. If you wear down I'm sure you'd have to use a shirt clip to minimize it. A shirt clip used to work wonders on the ER-4S.
post #1866 of 3373

So if you wear these around ear, I guess that they would still stick out somewhat because the lack of flexibility from the cable??

post #1867 of 3373
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

So if you wear these around ear, I guess that they would still stick out somewhat because the lack of flexibility from the cable??

Yes, the wires loop out a bit before going over the ear. Looks a little goofy but no microphonics issues, comfort is great and SQ is excellent.
post #1868 of 3373
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post


Yes, the wires loop out a bit before going over the ear. Looks a little goofy but no microphonics issues, comfort is great and SQ is excellent.

 

That's fine. I look goofy with or without iem's coming out of my ears. ;)

post #1869 of 3373
The anti loop are pretty hard to use haha. But these rockets do sound sick! Couldn't believe such a small thing could churn out such a sound! 😱 I thought the mids on ASG2 were untouchable... until now.
post #1870 of 3373

Wait so the microphonics are from the cable dragging on the lobe of the ear and not on a shirt or other article of clothing?  Otherwise wouldn't it still be microphonic since over the ear still hangs down and hits your shirt or something?

post #1871 of 3373
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyg0od33 View Post
 

Wait so the microphonics are from the cable dragging on the lobe of the ear and not on a shirt or other article of clothing?  Otherwise wouldn't it still be microphonic since over the ear still hangs down and hits your shirt or something?

From my experience the microphonics are from the vibrations the cable receive traveling up to your ear. I find that it's more sensitive because it's generally deeper in and sealed better in my ear vs other IEM.

post #1872 of 3373

Got mine!

 

First impressions are quite good, but the right and left channels are inverted: I tried with two different players to make sure. It isn't just a case of the little red and blue rings having been mistakenly placed, either: The right channel corresponds to the "s" and the left channel to the "a" of the AS logo. 

 

Try your own pairs, for those of you who have them, and let me know if I'm alone in this situation or not. Fortunately, since the housing is similar on both sides, all I need to do it remove the blue and red rings and replace them with something else to indicate the real right and the real left.

post #1873 of 3373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post

Got mine!

First impressions are quite good, but the right and left channels are inverted: I tried with two different players to make sure. It isn't just a case of the little red and blue rings having been mistakenly placed, either: The right channel corresponds to the "s" and the left channel to the "a" of the AS logo. 

Try your own pairs, for those of you who have them, and let me know if I'm alone in this situation or not. Fortunately, since the housing is similar on both sides, all I need to do it remove the blue and red rings and replace them with something else to indicate the real right and the real left.
Hmm mine has the correct channels. No inverted issues.
post #1874 of 3373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post
 

Got mine!

 

First impressions are quite good, but the right and left channels are inverted: I tried with two different players to make sure. It isn't just a case of the little red and blue rings having been mistakenly placed, either: The right channel corresponds to the "s" and the left channel to the "a" of the AS logo. 

 

Try your own pairs, for those of you who have them, and let me know if I'm alone in this situation or not. Fortunately, since the housing is similar on both sides, all I need to do it remove the blue and red rings and replace them with something else to indicate the real right and the real left.

Dale always did say never to go by the 'a' and the 's' when I was making them. You should send them an email though they'll probably get you a replacement.

post #1875 of 3373
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkong View Post
 

Dale always did say never to go by the 'a' and the 's' when I was making them. 

 

Andy told me the same thing. So it's just a case of misplaced o-rings.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkong View Post
 

You should send them an email though they'll probably get you a replacement.

 

Andy offered, but I can just put the left side into my right ear and conversely. I'll have to replace the o-rings by something else. for instance:

 

 

It's a foam tip I bought (together with blue and other red ones) on eBay. The ear guide is also a separate purchase. The original version of the antiloop had ear guides (see picture below) but the final version doesn't. I wonder why.

 


Edited by Sinocelt - 10/7/14 at 8:34am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread