or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread - Page 118

post #1756 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

I see that your public apology has been culled from your review and featured as a blurb on the site. You're never living that one down lol

Lol yes thanks Dale. What can I say? I'm an Aurisonics shill through and through :P
post #1757 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post


Lol yes thanks Dale. What can I say? I'm an Aurisonics shill through and through :P

haha I see it now

post #1758 of 3370
Thread Starter 

 

Indeed antiloop works quite well even without the ear-guide.

 

I went out running today and I only had a wire dismounting once. microphonics are almost non existence.

post #1759 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgx78 View Post




Indeed antiloop works quite well even without the ear-guide.

I went out running today and I only had a wire dismounting once. microphonics are almost non existence.

Agreed. Surprisingly great implementation.

Also, sound update. These are still ridiculous. Just absolute top tier mids. My only tiny complaint remains bass, although I might be able to eke a bit more out with narrower tips. It could use just a couple more dB sub-bass with the Meelec biflanges. Everything from ~50Hz up is as perfect as anything I've heard. Still great bass in general as far as weight and speed is concerned. It's right in that magic spot between too little and too much.

And another good sign: all three pairs I've heard so far sounded exactly the same as far as I could tell. Consistency seems very good.
post #1760 of 3370
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post


Agreed. Surprisingly great implementation.

Also, sound update. These are still ridiculous. Just absolute top tier mids. My only tiny complaint remains bass, although I might be able to eke a bit more out with narrower tips. It could use just a couple more dB sub-bass with the Meelec biflanges. Everything from ~50Hz up is as perfect as anything I've heard. Still great bass in general as far as weight and speed is concerned. It's right in that magic spot between too little and too much.

And another good sign: all three pairs I've heard so far sounded exactly the same as far as I could tell. Consistency seems very good.

 

Yes I would want that as well.. about 2-3db bump somewhere around 30-60hz will make them near perfect in my book.

 

Mids are absolutely magical. 

 

I just cannot get over how amazing solo violin pieces sound on these!

post #1761 of 3370

I should be getting my Anti-loops in a couple of days! I look forward to this development! (or at least I think that is what the small box from Dale Lott will contain, if it contains anything else I'll be sure to let people know)

post #1762 of 3370

Damn. Where are my anti-loops. Would love to see if they help eliminate some measure of cable noise when worn cable down. 

post #1763 of 3370

What would u do if u saw a fellow Rockets owner during ur commute or run? I may just pause, stare at him/her, point to my ears and share a hug. These r so limited right now, its an absolute crime. Really want the masses to be able to own a pair by the start of the holidays.

post #1764 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiobot View Post

What would u do if u saw a fellow Rockets owner during ur commute or run? I may just pause, stare at him/her, point to my ears and share a hug. These r so limited right now, its an absolute crime. Really want the masses to be able to own a pair by the start of the holidays.

tumblr_inline_ncc4ruLVwk1s9domc.gif
post #1765 of 3370

Backer number ten.

 

Body grey and cable black.

 

No shipping notice.

post #1766 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post
 

Backer number ten.

 

Body grey and cable black.

 

No shipping notice.

I'd shoot AS an email...that's not good

post #1767 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyg0od33 View Post
 

I'd shoot AS an email...that's not good


Remote or non-remote? If it is not, then that is sum bull. 

post #1768 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiobot View Post
 

Remote or non-remote? If it is not, then that is sum bull. 

 

No remote for that one. I've bought two others with remotes, too, but I don't expect these ones anytime soon.

post #1769 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post
 

 

No remote for that one. I've bought two others with remotes, too, but I don't expect these ones anytime soon.

Were they all in the same KS order?  I wonder if they saw the 2 mic versions and just didn't realize the other was a non-mic order...

 

But yeah, I'm sure they'd send out the next combo like that to you if you email them

post #1770 of 3370

I heard these over the weekend at the Nashville meet. They were the surprise of the meet for me in terms of sound quality. I have never been able get any fit from iem's until the Vsonic mkii with the adjustable nozzles and a pair of small Sony hybrid tips. And while I like the sound of the Vsonic and have been utterly grateful for the fit, the Rockets are in a whole different league with regard to BOTH fit and sound quality. 

 

If Jessica Alba would have walked in wearing a thong bikini, I'd still kept on fondling the Rockets....well nah. :p

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread