or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread - Page 112

post #1666 of 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

Lucky duckling.

 

Please post preliminary impressions immediately. Forcing others to realize what they're missing is your priority here.

 

The thing is that even if we do realize what we are missing there is little we can do about it at the moment. The fact that i keep reading this thread has proven to me that i have a masochistic streak i didn't know about.

post #1667 of 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiesOfAzel View Post
 

 

The thing is that even if we do realize what we are missing there is little we can do about it at the moment. The fact that i keep reading this thread has proven to me that i have a masochistic streak i didn't know about.

Likewise. I just wanted to make other people suffer while the time for retail stores to obtain them is at hand. Or website.

post #1668 of 3368

Does anyone of you who owns a black cable rocket suffer from bad finishing on the cables as well? 

post #1669 of 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by destrozer View Post
 

Does anyone of you who owns a black cable rocket suffer from bad finishing on the cables as well? 


You'll have to define "bad finishing".

post #1670 of 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkong View Post
 


You'll have to define "bad finishing".

 

My 3.5mm jack had scratches all over it and one part even had the coating coming off...

 

I suppose mine is a one off problem too?

post #1671 of 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by destrozer View Post
 

 

My 3.5mm jack had scratches all over it and one part even had the coating coming off...

 

I suppose mine is a one off problem too?


That was probably one of the first things I asked when I was over there. They told me something along the lines of 'all plating comes off eventually it's just a matter of how quickly'. It won't affect the functionality of the jack it just won't look as gold.

post #1672 of 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkong View Post
 


That was probably one of the first things I asked when I was over there. They told me something along the lines of 'all plating comes off eventually it's just a matter of how quickly'. It won't affect the functionality of the jack it just won't look as gold.

Ah... What I meant was the rubber part of the plug, not the 3.5mm jack itself. My bad, should have gone into specifics.

 

I know it ain't gonna affect SQ but afterall when we buy something, we expect the product to look spanking new.

Mine looks as though it's been abused for quite a while. :( 

post #1673 of 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by destrozer View Post
 

Ah... What I meant was the rubber part of the plug, not the 3.5mm jack itself. My bad, should have gone into specifics.

 

I know it ain't gonna affect SQ but afterall when we buy something, we expect the product to look spanking new.

Mine looks as though it's been abused for quite a while. :( 

 

My black wired pair certainly doesn't have that issue. Can you post pics of it though? I'm curious.

post #1674 of 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post

My black wired pair certainly doesn't have that issue. Can you post pics of it though? I'm curious.

I think he's saying the plug looks like it lacks finishing, rough and tumble if you will.
post #1675 of 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
 

 

My black wired pair certainly doesn't have that issue. Can you post pics of it though? I'm curious.

 

Not sure if you can see clearly from this. Iphone4 isn't very up to date with its camera. Hahaha.

 

The plug looks as though I've sandpapered it roughly and if you noticed, there's a small part that has already lost its top coating. 

post #1676 of 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by destrozer View Post




Not sure if you can see clearly from this. Iphone4 isn't very up to date with its camera. Hahaha.

The plug looks as though I've sandpapered it roughly and if you noticed, there's a small part that has already lost its top coating. 

Contact Aurisonics. I'm sure they'll fix it. Mine are currently being replaced because of a small hole in the clear cable sheath. Aurisonics didn't hesitate to offer replacement. But I'm now without my precious Rockets for an indeterminate period... Oh well, it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all :P
post #1677 of 3368

Damn. I now want the rockets in gold. Without the tabs, the gold tin and black cable rockets looks incredibly classy. My blue tin rockets look ok but nothing special. Going to email them about getting another pair at full retail but in black with gold tin and remote. Fingers crossed.

post #1678 of 3368

Personally I don't like the gold, but I am happy I did get the black with grey TiN. I like the blue better than gold IMHO. The most surprising for me though is the look of the rainbow colored TiN. It looks pretty darn good. 

post #1679 of 3368

Bad news. I'm not going to be around all next week (19th to 26th). If they weren't already shipped, can i be swapped with the next person or two in the list order?

post #1680 of 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post
 

Bad news. I'm not going to be around all next week (19th to 26th). If they weren't already shipped, can i be swapped with the next person or two in the list order?


Oh me me me!!! :bigsmile_face:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread