or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread - Page 100

post #1486 of 3371
@eke2k6 likewise, waiting... But wait watch closely unity is out on the window lurking! Cant wait to hear your thoughts man.
post #1487 of 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

Had a brief comparison with the Tenore this morning and was quite surprised by what I heard.

- The Rockets are superior in every aspect of staging: taller, deeper and wider, with significantly better layering. The Tenore was surprisingly smaller and less dimensional, less spacious sounding.
- The Rockets have better treble sparkle and better treble timbre. They just sound more realistic in treble.
- While note thickness and overall bass levels are similar, the Tenore sounds considerably slower: kicks have less impact with a bit too much rumble, and double bass sounds more diffused and less defined due to the Tenore extended decay.
- the Rockets required another tick or two of volume to get as loud as the Tenore when switching back and forth.

Besides perhaps tonality, for me, the Rockets do everything noticeably better. I wish I still had the KC06 because I want to say the Rockets sounds like a cross between it and the Tenore but improving upon both in most aspects.

I agree with all of this. The Tenore comparison surprised me as well, since I put that phone on such a pedestal.

I've been listening to my pair for basically two days straight, and it's still the best I've heard in an iem.
post #1488 of 3371

No picture yet of a standard (no TiN) pair of Rockets? Or did I manage to miss it?

post #1489 of 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post


I agree with all of this. The Tenore comparison surprised me as well, since I put that phone on such a pedestal.

I've been listening to my pair for basically two days straight, and it's still the best I've heard in an iem.

 

Dude, your are ruining me! How am i supposed to convince someone to sell me a pair with all this (scientifically unproven) praise that is going around here?  As a community, we have a sacred duty to help Aurisonics improve their products with some healthy doses of constructive criticism.

post #1490 of 3371

The Rockets are the most overrated pile of crap IEM I've had the displeasure of owning for quite some time. 

 

*This comment may or may not be true. 

post #1491 of 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiesOfAzel View Post

Dude, your are ruining me! How am i supposed to convince someone to sell me a pair with all this (scientifically unproven) praise that is going around here?  As a community, we have a sacred duty to help Aurisonics improve their products with some healthy doses of constructive criticism.

No one can accuse me of not criticizing Aurisonics, believe me.

I'd like to see some measurements as well, but I've spent so much time looking at graphs and comparing to actual listening that I'm comfortable now just going with what I think sounds good. I'm reasonably convinced these will measure well, without any major peaks or dips or distortion issues.

As for constructive criticism though, my main complaint is that these aren't available yet lol.

They could use just a hair more low sub bass, but tips can really help tilt the sound in a desired direction.
post #1492 of 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

They could use just a hair more low sub bass, but tips can really help tilt the sound in a desired direction.

 

Searching for the "right tips" signifies that there is a problem with the sound. I knew it, they have practically no bass, their output probably drops to zero bellow 120hz.

post #1493 of 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiesOfAzel View Post

Searching for the "right tips" signifies that there is a problem with the sound. I knew it, they have practically no bass, their output probably drops to zero bellow 120hz.

180Hz.
post #1494 of 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


180Hz.

 

So they can't even reproduce high bass, it seems i was lax with my criticisms.  Thanks for strengthening my resolve!

 

[EDIT]

The Rockets should also be renamed to the Jellyfish, because that's how they actually look. Would you put a jellyfish anywhere near your ear? I thought not.


Edited by SkiesOfAzel - 9/4/14 at 11:32am
post #1495 of 3371

There's actually nothing south of 1 kHz. The Rockets takes "mid centric" to a whole nother level 

post #1496 of 3371
Let's just call it like it is. Skies is obviously a basshead.
post #1497 of 3371
Lol, you guys are just going to confuse everyone. They have plenty of low bass for me. The roll off doesn't really start until 40hz, so that covers most music. I hear peaks at 1k, 3k (with a slight dip at 2k) and depending on tips and fit depth, a treble preak around 8k but this last one can vary greatly person to person.
post #1498 of 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

Let's just call it like it is. Skies is obviously a basshead.

 

You shouldn't lay such accusations at me when you have been praising the MH1 for the last couple of years. I am just a concerned consumer.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

Lol, you guys are just going to confuse everyone. They have plenty of low bass for me. The roll off doesn't really start until 40hz, so that covers most music. I hear peaks at 1k, 3k (with a slight dip at 2k) and depending on tips and fit depth, a treble preak around 8k but this last one can vary greatly person to person.

 

SGS you are a killjoy, a spoilsport and a party pooper ...

 

Besides, this thread is full of complains that are being glossed over. I compiled a small and incomplete list of the reported failings, with the best interests of the community at heart:

 

  • The Rockets lack sub bass.
  • The Rockets are power hungry.
  • The Rocket tips get stuck in your ears and may need to be removed surgically.
  • The colored tabs look awful.
  • The tri-tabs are useless and some times annoying.
  • Some color combinations didn't turn out so great.
  • They aren't even out yet!

Edited by SkiesOfAzel - 9/4/14 at 11:53am
post #1499 of 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

Lol, you guys are just going to confuse everyone. They have plenty of low bass for me. The roll off doesn't really start until 40hz, so that covers most music. I hear peaks at 1k, 3k (with a slight dip at 2k) and depending on tips and fit depth, a treble preak around 8k but this last one can vary greatly person to person.

biggrin.gif

Yea I barely hear any roll off till 35Hz and it absolutely doesn't hurt timbre for just about any instrument.

My peaks are at 1.6K, 2.7K, I think 3.5K +- 0.1KHz. It's like a nice little wave through the upper midrange lol. And a wide peak hitting it's apex at 6.5K, starting its ascent just after 4K. I'd like to push that 6.5k peak up or down a bit if I had the choice without changing anything else. This is with small SureSeal tips. Which are too comfortable for words for long listening sessions.
Edited by vwinter - 9/4/14 at 11:53am
post #1500 of 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post
 

The Rockets are the most overrated pile of crap IEM I've had the displeasure of owning for quite some time. 

 

*This comment may or may not be true. 

 

 

 

stephen_colbert_tweets_falsehoods_about_jon_kyl.jpg

 

 

 

 

On my way to my mailbox. Hopefully the box is small enough to fit in there, or I may just find that dreaded pink slip.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread