or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread - Page 85

post #1261 of 3368
Anybody give these a shot with rap yet (who has then, of course)? I listen to a decent amount of current rap and while I know it's not necessarily the most 'audiophile' genre, I'm curious how these handle it since they're probably more neutral than most headphones I've used before.
post #1262 of 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyg0od33 View Post

Anybody give these a shot with rap yet (who has then, of course)? I listen to a decent amount of current rap and while I know it's not necessarily the most 'audiophile' genre, I'm curious how these handle it since they're probably more neutral than most headphones I've used before.


At this point you're getting into 'personal preference' zone since different people demand different things from different genres but from my experience neutral sound sigs are the most adaptable for various genres.

post #1263 of 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkong View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyg0od33 View Post

Anybody give these a shot with rap yet (who has then, of course)? I listen to a decent amount of current rap and while I know it's not necessarily the most 'audiophile' genre, I'm curious how these handle it since they're probably more neutral than most headphones I've used before.


At this point you're getting into 'personal preference' zone since different people demand different things from different genres but from my experience neutral sound sigs are the most adaptable for various genres.
I agree. For me personally, the more neutral the better for any genre. I listen to anything from instrumental piano to dream theatre. I'd take both on a neutral phone anyday.
post #1264 of 3368
Alright cool. Looking forward to it then!
post #1265 of 3368
Okay guys Unity has the Rockets. Everyone stare expectantly into his direction as we wait for first impressions...
post #1266 of 3368

Awaiting eagerly!

post #1267 of 3368

I can already hear the complaints about the lack of bass :D.

post #1268 of 3368
Listening to the Tenore now, I'm noticing their flaws, however minor, in comparison to the Rockets. Sigh...

Someone sell me a pair of Rockets! I can't live like this lol.
post #1269 of 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

Listening to the Tenore now, I'm noticing their flaws, however minor, in comparison to the Rockets. Sigh...

Someone sell me a pair of Rockets! I can't live like this lol.

 

Do you hear the tenore's treble as gently subdued in the 6-8khz region? I find that where it lacks crispness. But it lends itself to the super smooth sound as well... I prefer the perfectly neutral myself, but none have achieved it like the hd600 or something. Close but not as good.

 

I'm going to cry if i get these and they are good as you say they are and then I can't buy them for a year! :-P I'm already set on buying a pair if they are good.

post #1270 of 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

Do you hear the tenore's treble as gently subdued in the 6-8khz region? I find that where it lacks crispness. But it lends itself to the super smooth sound as well... I prefer the perfectly neutral myself, but none have achieved it like the hd600 or something. Close but not as good.

I'm going to cry if i get these and they are good as you say they are and then I can't buy them for a year! :-P I'm already set on buying a pair if they are good.

Yes around 6k, however I do get a small 8k bump on the Tenores. Just my ears I guess. Treble emphasis and linearity is very very close to the Rockets for me.

Treble seems to have more body on the Rockets though. There could be small differences in FR that account for this. I think it's the attack and subsequent decay though, which have more immediacy and body respectively. The Tenore sounds more tingy or brittle in comparison, kind of like the IE800 did but nowhere near the degree. I'm just using the IE800 as an extreme example obviously.

Bass is just slower on the Tenore too, and it's bothering me kind of a lot now. There's an overall more bassy, muddled, and tingy/brittle sound signature on the Tenore compared to the Rockets. Of course this is being nitpicky, because most iems have much bigger issues, but nonetheless they are problems that have become more obvious to me after comparison.

Imo it's not really until I hear something better that I can successfully find the flaws in an otherwise excellent iem.
Edited by gnarlsagan - 8/25/14 at 3:40pm
post #1271 of 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

Listening to the Tenore now, I'm noticing their flaws, however minor, in comparison to the Rockets. Sigh...

Someone sell me a pair of Rockets! I can't live like this lol.

 

I'd only let mine go at an absurd price. As far as I know, the only thing that'll happily fill the void for the ROCKETS is the UERM. I'm feverishly saving up for them. I'm probably going to have to do some crazy budgeting and find a part time job or two but it should work out.

post #1272 of 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkong View Post

I'd only let mine go at an absurd price. As far as I know, the only thing that'll happily fill the void for the ROCKETS is the UERM. I'm feverishly saving up for them. I'm probably going to have to do some crazy budgeting and find a part time job or two but it should work out.

You're not helping my case Mr. Kong.
post #1273 of 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post


You're not helping my case Mr. Kong.


Lol sorry. XD

 

But seriously though, I'm going to reiterate the warning I posted a while back: Aurisonics' warranty does not carry over to second hand users. Keep this in mind if you're thinking about buying second hand.

post #1274 of 3368
...

Edited by SkiesOfAzel - 8/25/14 at 5:51pm
post #1275 of 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkong View Post
 


Lol sorry. XD

 

But seriously though, I'm going to reiterate the warning I posted a while back: Aurisonics' warranty does not carry over to second hand users. Keep this in mind if you're thinking about buying second hand.

 

When the choice is second hand or no hand at all it's no choice at all :p.

 

Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post


Yes around 6k, however I do get a small 8k bump on the Tenores. Just my ears I guess. Treble emphasis and linearity is very very close to the Rockets for me.

Treble seems to have more body on the Rockets though. There could be small differences in FR that account for this. I think it's the attack and subsequent decay though, which have more immediacy and body respectively. The Tenore sounds more tingy or brittle in comparison, kind of like the IE800 did but nowhere near the degree. I'm just using the IE800 as an extreme example obviously.

Bass is just slower on the Tenore too, and it's bothering me kind of a lot now. There's an overall more bassy, muddled, and tingy/brittle sound signature on the Tenore compared to the Rockets. Of course this is being nitpicky, because most iems have much bigger issues, but nonetheless they are problems that have become more obvious to me after comparison.

Imo it's not really until I hear something better that I can successfully find the flaws in an otherwise excellent iem.

 

I get the same after extended listening with the GR07. The Tenore bass feels slow as molasses by comparison. As for the treble, it's just of the dry variety, that's why it does hi-hats realistically imo.


Edited by SkiesOfAzel - 8/25/14 at 5:50pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread