Hello, i'm new to Head-Fi and i'm looking for the best headphones for me for around $300 or so. I thought this would be the best place for me to start. I listen to almost all genres. Country, Alternitive, EDM, House, Dubstep, Trancestep, Rap/Hip Hop, smooth jazz, classical. You name it. I like alot of bass. Without the loss of sound quality of course. I don't want a subwoofer attached to my head. (Please don't suggest beats by dre products.) I would like the headphones to preform well without an portable amp. Id prefer not needing an amp, but if the headphones you choose for me will preform much better with an amp, then be my guest and link me an amp. With an amp and the headphones, id like to be right around $400-450. They'd be used primarily with an iPhone 5 and a 27" iMac. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
- productBowers & Wilkins P7tagged by nightmancometh, 12/8/13
- productNAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/8/13
- productPSB M4U 1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/8/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 12/8/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by nightmancometh, 12/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Good Replacements for NAD Viso HP50 with stronger bass? Last post on 10/12/14 at 4:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- An Interview with Paul Barton of PSB and NAD - Head-Fi TV Last post on 4/27/15 at 11:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good non-leaking over ear headphones for office use (~$400) Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Endgame portable over ear advice (please help!!) Last post on 2/2/15 at 9:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Best headphones for under $350 give or take some.post #1 of 1212/7/13 at 10:13pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1212/7/13 at 10:15pmQuote:V moda m100, these are sick and has deep powerful bass , but not at the cost of the mids and highsOriginally Posted by nixonexe
Hello, i'm new to Head-Fi and i'm looking for the best headphones for me for around $300 or so. I thought this would be the best place for me to start. I listen to almost all genres. Country, Alternitive, EDM, House, Dubstep, Trancestep, Rap/Hip Hop, smooth jazz, classical. You name it. I like alot of bass. Without the loss of sound quality of course. I don't want a subwoofer attached to my head. (Please don't suggest beats by dre products.) I would like the headphones to preform well without an portable amp. Id prefer not needing an amp, but if the headphones you choose for me will preform much better with an amp, then be my guest and link me an amp. With an amp and the headphones, id like to be right around $400-450. They'd be used primarily with an iPhone 5 and a 27" iMac. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!post #3 of 1212/7/13 at 10:30pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1212/7/13 at 10:32pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1212/7/13 at 10:52pmQuote:post #6 of 1212/7/13 at 11:25pm
The V-Moda m100 are surely a good choice. Then the NAD Viso HP50 or the PSB M4U2-1 are great headphones that are next on my list.
I can also recommend the Momentums as good all around headphones but try the cheaper. The Ultrasone Pro750 are my favourites for electronic music.
Anyhow, these are the choices I would use if I cannot use an amp!
However, most of these will sound better with an amp as well.
Kpost #7 of 1212/7/13 at 11:58pm
It sounds like you would be using it on the go with your iPhone and you don't sound interested in other gear like an amp or DAC. I recommend you check out the Bowers and Wilkins P7 at you local Best Buy that has a Magnolia store. Those have great bass and retail at $400. Overall sound is much more refined than many other headphones that don't require amping. Maybe wait for a sale on them, but they're pretty new so it may be a while for a price drop. I personally am not a basshead so they were not my favorite for mobile headphones, but they are pretty well regarded by many others.post #8 of 1212/8/13 at 12:03ampost #9 of 1212/8/13 at 12:38am
Soundmagic HP100? Great all rounder, neutral, smooth and very versatile. Consider it, won't find that many here knowing of it existing though. I've had most of the portable headphones down at that price point and prefered these as a true all rounder.post #10 of 1212/8/13 at 1:28pmThread Starterpost #11 of 126/26/14 at 12:48pm
- Best headphones for under $350 give or take some.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Welcome one and all! Please introduce yourselves! 50 seconds ago
- › Companies that take advantage of audio enthusiasts 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Sony MDR-SA5000 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Best $1000 headphones for O2+ODAC? 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 3 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 4 minutes ago
- › AKG M220 semi-open studio headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2