lots of questions :-)
- closed headphones preferred in the a2p appreciation thread - Fostex TH900 and Beyerdybanic T5P
i use mainly the following grado or grado-style headphones with my tu-05 (and in addtion: the AKG K3003 and Final Audio Design Piano Forte VIII):
- SR325is (unmodded)
- SR 225i (in the office) (modded):
- my own design / grado style headphone (and my best and favorite one i am nearly always using):
Here are just some thoughts:
- how to say, i would not start with a compromise, so if you love the GS1000i sound (assuming that you have listened to it) then buy one or you will ever regret not to have done it.
- if i got all the money back invested in compromises or buying mistakes, i would be a rich man
- i also have a samsung galaxy note II and an HRT microstreamer, but never using it
- i love dedicated devices
- to speak of my colorfly c4, its sound is amazing, great soundstage and a powerfull 6.3 mm jack output, great synergy with the grados
- as long as you have low to mid impedance headphones, i would buy a tu-05 because it has even more resolution and fine detail
- the mean lifetime of a good electronic component (speaking of my Nakamichi Dragon, Stax SR Lambda, ProAc Tablette, handmade german amplfiers) is about 30 years, so .......
so what to say, first of all choose a headphone, because this is the most sound relevant part and the impedance then may show which player and/or amp to choose.
i started with the colorfly C4 after having bought a T5P, so if you have a headphone and an excellent player, you have the time to save the money for the right amp.
- investment is a process, not a single point of action
assuming you love music the best compromise is to buy a good closed but not to expensive headphone for office use ( or to get promoted to have a single room office) that sounds ok out of your mobile phone, but give your bank account the time to get filled with money to buy components one after the other to add EXCELLENT components to your sound chain.
Edited by GermanGuy - 12/8/13 at 3:04pm