i have the shure 535 and 846 and i have used just about every tip out there including comply and shure tips as well as etymotic gliders and while they all served me well and comply has been my go to tip for years these new star foam tips have really made an incredible difference for me in terms of comfort and sound.I heartily recommend them!
Related Forum Threads
- Best custom earpieces. Last post on 4/4/14 at 2:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade advice from Westone um3x Last post on 1/15/14 at 3:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 or ACS T1, or ??? Last post on 9/29/13 at 3:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphonelounge Cables - Appreciation Thread Last post on 12/14/13 at 10:54pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Best Soundstage in an IEM?... Last post on 10/21/14 at 11:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
westone star foam tips,best tips i have used
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i dont have the problem and the funny thing is in the past i have had the opposite problem with tips coming off in my ear and one time i had to go to the doctor in order to have it removed so i actually like it to be a bit snugger..the only tip that i have ever had that problem with is the shure tips which are damn near impossible to get off
Wow....that's weird. The shure olives slip off the Westones too easy but the last 3 pairs of Westones I bought had the star foam tips on them and I had absolute fits twisting them off. I swear they were glued on. Just like trying to get the olives off the shure IEM's where people are putting them in the freezer.
i havent tried that yet, i should try it though i have a few pairs of the try tips laying around.
the tip i use forthe w4 is the earportz by proguard. its a hit or miss tip, for me its a hit, but others tried it with not as much success.
- westone star foam tips,best tips i have used
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › MisterX built XP portable amp 51 seconds ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 1 minute ago
- › The Famous and Rare Grado PS-1 Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › 200$ over ear recommendation 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)