or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey - Page 33

post #481 of 562
Gotta wait till the 18th to ship, but its for the better, if they are improving it further:)
post #482 of 562
Thread Starter 

Definitely worth the wait guys...

and for the price you'll be amazed how capable the Altone 200 is.

I am even ordering another pair as a back-up.

post #483 of 562

Improving it further? So this is not the final production model? D marc0, you have 2 prototypes?

post #484 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguire View Post

Improving it further? So this is not the final production model? D marc0, you have 2 prototypes?

I've combed the desert looking for information regarding any changes. AlI I could find was this post.


http://www.head-fi.org/t/724471/t-peos-announce-releasing-altone200-and-start-preorder-limitedly/60#post_10718158

I highly doubt there will be any tuning changes. It might just mean final touches to packaging. Or simply T-Peos way of saying nice as possible 'were running late'
post #485 of 562

Thanks for clearing that up H20...Was getting a bit confused there for a minute. Got that Clip Zip coming also.....:wink_face:

post #486 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Or simply T-Peos way of saying nice as possible 'were running late'

I like the fact you sketched this possibility into words.
post #487 of 562
Always a possibility!
post #488 of 562
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguire View Post
 

Improving it further? So this is not the final production model? D marc0, you have 2 prototypes?

 

No, I have the final product but not with retail packaging.

But I've ordered another one for my back up.

H20 is right... T-PEOS just had to make sure everything was up to par before shipping them out.

post #489 of 562
I don't think it'll be tuning guys
post #490 of 562

D marco, of all the models of t-peos, which one do you think best suits heavy metal music?

I own a Dunu Dn1000 and find that although it is one helluvah iem, it just lacks something. Maybe a litte bit more agressive treble?

Is that what the t-peos h-200 and altone 200 offer?

post #491 of 562
Thread Starter 
I really did not like the DN1000 for metal because of its lack in bass speed and tightness. The Altone 200 and H200 are better here.

If it's purely just for metal, you can't go wrong with either H200 and Altone. They are a bit different because the h200 sounds more raw and less refined but it has a special character in the midrange that's just stellar with metal chops. Plus the bass speed! Super fast!

If you want an all rounder, the Altone 200 is the better choice. More mature and refined.
post #492 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post
 

DUNU DN-2000 Review

 

CONCLUSION: So how does the DN-2000 stand against its predecessor? It’s hard to say because of two things: DN-2000 is more expensive and such price difference can be hard to quantify in terms of value especially against the DN-1000. Secondly, the sound signature is quite different between the two which leads us to a conclusion that people who already own the DN-1000 may not necessarily like the new sound. Personally, I find the DN-2000 less fun/musical and more analytical but I prefer it because I usually listen to heavy metal over electronic music which is better on the DN-1000. The DN-2000 is a GREAT hybrid in its own right but whether one will prefer this over the DN-1000 is more like a matter of personal preference.

 

Special thanks to Rocky@Dunu and @djvkool for making this review happen.

 

+1

Agree! DN-2000 and DN-1000 excel in their own way, not one superior to the other.

Great and concise review!

post #493 of 562

Can you please compare the Altones to the GR07 Bass Edition? Which would you say is objectively better? I've been doing a lot of research and it comes down to these two.

post #494 of 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibro911 View Post
 

Can you please compare the Altones to the GR07 Bass Edition? Which would you say is objectively better? I've been doing a lot of research and it comes down to these two.

It will always come down to taste. You can always have a $1000 pair that doesnt jive with you. What sig are you looking for? 

Objectively, i think it comes down to technical ability. For some that is how natural it sounds, but for me it is how well it can separate, depth/stage, and the like. 3 drivers will almost always perform better, almost

That being said, i was unimpressed by the gr07 mk2

post #495 of 562
I like a good, powerful bass, clear vocals and something with great quality overall across most genres.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey