Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: Sony XBA H3 Review and Comparisons!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: Sony XBA H3 Review and Comparisons!) - Page 10

post #136 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

HA! I use to live in Kahaluu wink.gif... I now live in Kaneohe. This is the older 1Plus2 and the new model is a lot better. Still this unit gave me months and months of pleasure. I find it better than the AKG3003 and Fit Ear 334 hands down...

@ dmarc, nice review. Glad you enjoyed them smily_headphones1.gif.

Yup, they're pretty good. Probably the second best IEM I have heard under the newer version.
post #137 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

Thanks lee! I'm also curious about the flat 4 sui. I'll read more about them...

 

I heard AnakChan's when he was in Perth in December last year, not my cup of coffee for sure, extremely delicate and detailed for sure, but doesn't have any 'weight' whatsoever, think R-50 but in a more detailed and transparent version.

 

I think H20Fidelity had a longer exposure to this sometimes last year if I am not mistaken?

post #138 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Yup, they're pretty good. Probably the second best IEM I have heard under the newer version.

 

What's the best you ever heard mate? RDB Mini?

post #139 of 370

I think he means the best he's heard is the new model 1plus2. 

post #140 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

What's the best you ever heard mate? RDB Mini?

It would be something like:

Revised 1plus2.
Old 1plus2 / RDB Mini (about even)
Rhapsodio RDB v1

The reason I put the two together is because the RDB Mini is kind of unquie, it sounds to me like a highly strung B2 or R-50, with impressive transparency, but it's dynamic driver is a little lacking. That's where the old 1plus2 comes in as it's a good all rounder. They're very close fighters. Lin and a few others have heard this RDB unit.
post #141 of 370

The RDB mini is awesome! Should have bought it for $400 when I could. 

post #142 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

The RDB mini is awesome! Should have bought it for $400 when I could. 


I have an original version Tralucent pure silver cable coming for the RDB Mini. :D I was offered a deal I couldn't refuse.

post #143 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


It would be something like:

Revised 1plus2.
Old 1plus2 / RDB Mini (about even)
Rhapsodio RDB v1

The reason I put the two together is because the RDB Mini is kind of unquie, it sounds to me like a highly strung B2 or R-50, with impressive transparency, but it's dynamic driver is a little lacking. That's where the old 1plus2 comes in as it's a good all rounder. They're very close fighters. Lin and a few others have heard this RDB unit.

 

Well...B2 is too bass light for me, and I didn't like R-50, as its sound has absolutely no weight to my ears, even though it is incredibly clear and detailed, so does that mean I won't like RDB mini then? Is it triple hybrid or dual hybrid?

 

I'm not sure if AnakChan's 1P2 that I heard last year was the old version or new version, I didn't pay too much attention to it because he had a massive thick and heavy cable on it and he said to me to keep it as straight as possible, so yeah I was kinda scared hahaha...and beside I've just heard his TG!334 which I was absolutely mesmerized by...

post #144 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

Well...B2 is too bass light for me, and I didn't like R-50, as its sound has absolutely no weight to my ears, even though it is incredibly clear and detailed, so does that mean I won't like RDB mini then? Is it triple hybrid or dual hybrid?

I'm not sure if AnakChan's 1P2 that I heard last year was the old version or new version, I didn't pay too much attention to it because he had a massive thick and heavy cable on it and he said to me to keep it as straight as possible, so yeah I was kinda scared hahaha...and beside I've just heard his TG!334 which I was absolutely mesmerized by...

3 Way Hybrid.

Yes, I don't think you'd like RDB Mini then, it's very rich, thin, and lean. Like a potent dose of clarity or high reving car. Like its on edge all the time and if you mistreat her she'll step out of line. It's the colour, detail, clarity and transparency that absorbs you, not bass or thick note weight. I guess you could say it's overly analytical.

That big huge cable you mentioned Anakchan having is most likely the same version I have coming.

I'm listening to the old 1plus2 right now actually. But this will be my last post here for now, as I feel we're derailing Marks thread :-/
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/24/14 at 7:55am
post #145 of 370
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

I heard AnakChan's when he was in Perth in December last year, not my cup of coffee for sure, extremely delicate and detailed for sure, but doesn't have any 'weight' whatsoever, think R-50 but in a more detailed and transparent version.

I think H20Fidelity had a longer exposure to this sometimes last year if I am not mistaken?

Yes, I've read a few impressions in other threads and it's sound signature doesn't seem to be my preference. I'll just have to concentrate on the Noble 4 and Nuforce Primo 8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

It would be something like:

Revised 1plus2.
Old 1plus2 / RDB Mini (about even)
Rhapsodio RDB v1

The reason I put the two together is because the RDB Mini is kind of unquie, it sounds to me like a highly strung B2 or R-50, with impressive transparency, but it's dynamic driver is a little lacking. That's where the old 1plus2 comes in as it's a good all rounder. They're very close fighters. Lin and a few others have heard this RDB unit.

Mate, how would you compare the RDB mini vs the heir 4.A1? Are they at least similar in signature?
post #146 of 370
Haven't heard 4.Ai, they might hold a similar signature however I think it's safe to assume the Rhapsodio is superior, well I sure hope so. Last I heard RDB Mini went up in price to about $750? It was $650 once upon a time. That figure Lin was throwing around a few posts up I'm guessing was some kind of heavy reviewer discount or 'special deal'

They're still work in progressing thier new website, but any orders can be placed through Chester who can be found in the Rhapsodio thread.

http://rhapsodio.com/earphones/
post #147 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post
 

 

I heard AnakChan's when he was in Perth in December last year, not my cup of coffee for sure, extremely delicate and detailed for sure, but doesn't have any 'weight' whatsoever, think R-50 but in a more detailed and transparent version.

 

I think H20Fidelity had a longer exposure to this sometimes last year if I am not mistaken?

 

Hmm when you mention the IEM not having any weight that makes me wonder? The bass does add quite a bit of weight to the sound for me. The treble is on the thinner side though. They require some good power though to get the bass thumping :).

post #148 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


3 Way Hybrid.

Yes, I don't think you'd like RDB Mini then, it's very rich, thin, and lean. Like a potent dose of clarity or high reving car. Like its on edge all the time and if you mistreat her she'll step out of line. It's the colour, detail, clarity and transparency that absorbs you, not bass or thick note weight. I guess you could say it's overly analytical.

That big huge cable you mentioned Anakchan having is most likely the same version I have coming.

I'm listening to the old 1plus2 right now actually. But this will be my last post here for now, as I feel we're derailing Marks thread :-/

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by djvkool View Post
 

 

Well...B2 is too bass light for me, and I didn't like R-50, as its sound has absolutely no weight to my ears, even though it is incredibly clear and detailed, so does that mean I won't like RDB mini then? Is it triple hybrid or dual hybrid?

 

I'm not sure if AnakChan's 1P2 that I heard last year was the old version or new version, I didn't pay too much attention to it because he had a massive thick and heavy cable on it and he said to me to keep it as straight as possible, so yeah I was kinda scared hahaha...and beside I've just heard his TG!334 which I was absolutely mesmerized by...

 

lol you might have been listening to his 1Plus2 with uber cable if he mentioned keeping that cable straight because it can break if you bend it too much. With the old silver and gold cables you would have no such issues with breaking them... It sounds like you really enjoyed the 334. A very intimate and thick sound.


Edited by lee730 - 1/25/14 at 10:04am
post #149 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

 

lol you might have been listening to his 1Plus2 with uber cable if he mentioned keeping that cable straight because it can break if you bend it too much. With the old silver and gold cables you would have no such issues with breaking them... It sounds like you really enjoyed the 334. A very intimate and thick sound.

 

He was, and he knows that but what djvkool is saying is that he's not certain if mine is the new or old version. My 1Plus2 is from June '13 so I'd say it's the current/"new" one. I'm guessing when members here refer to "old" it's the one from Aug->Nov '12? That's my 3rd Uber which is why I'm kinda ultra paranoid about it.

post #150 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

He was, and he knows that but what djvkool is saying is that he's not certain if mine is the new or old version. My 1Plus2 is from June '13 so I'd say it's the current/"new" one. I'm guessing when members here refer to "old" it's the one from Aug->Nov '12? That's my 3rd Uber which is why I'm kinda ultra paranoid about it.

 

Can't wait until you are back in Perth again Sean, this time I will bring my own cable and I'd love to have another go at your 1P2 :wink_face:, as most people said that 1P2 is the best sounding universal hybrid

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

 

lol you might have been listening to his 1Plus2 with uber cable if he mentioned keeping that cable straight because it can break if you bend it too much. With the old silver and gold cables you would have no such issues with breaking them... It sounds like you really enjoyed the 334. A very intimate and thick sound.

 

Oh I did indeed, big thanks to AnakChan for bringing that along with him...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: Sony XBA H3 Review and Comparisons!)