Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Just received my Westone W2's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Just received my Westone W2's

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 

They're pretty freaking awesome... however I'm slightly disappointed. I didn't read too hard into the part of the review where bass is pretty much very low. Me being a lover of bassy IEMs I found myself a bit bummed because I NEED to feel that rumble in my ears. Why? Well, I'm a massive fan of stoner and doom metal. All the awesome riffage dude. I feel somewhat stuck with these because I'm someone who works a minimum wage job. I previously owned Vsonic GR07's but they died on me because I'm an idiot who didn't treat them very well (kept them rolled up in my pockets too many times).

 

If I get another pair that is under the 300$ price range who high quality sound AND really good bass what would you guys suggest?


Edited by Asmodeuss1990 - 12/6/13 at 4:04pm
post #2 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeuss1990 View Post
 

They're pretty freaking awesome... however I'm slightly disappointed. I didn't read too hard into the part of the review where bass is pretty much very low. Me being a lover of bassy IEMs I found myself a bit bummed because I NEED to feel that rumble in my ears. Why? Well, I'm a massive fan of stoner and doom metal. All the awesome riffage dude. I feel somewhat stuck with these because I'm someone who works a minimum wage job. I previously owned Vsonic GR07's but they died on me because I'm an idiot who didn't treat them very well (kept them rolled up in my pockets too many times).

 

If I get another pair that is under the 300$ price range who high quality sound AND really good bass what would you guys suggest?

Since they are awesome, Westone 3 has some decent bass, on sale on amazon for $179 (probably cheaper than the W2 you purchased) If you want rumbling bass maybe look at some portables.

post #3 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeuss1990 View Post
 

They're pretty freaking awesome... however I'm slightly disappointed. I didn't read too hard into the part of the review where bass is pretty much very low. Me being a lover of bassy IEMs I found myself a bit bummed because I NEED to feel that rumble in my ears. Why? Well, I'm a massive fan of stoner and doom metal. All the awesome riffage dude. I feel somewhat stuck with these because I'm someone who works a minimum wage job. I previously owned Vsonic GR07's but they died on me because I'm an idiot who didn't treat them very well (kept them rolled up in my pockets too many times).

 

If I get another pair that is under the 300$ price range who high quality sound AND really good bass what would you guys suggest?


If I were you I'd get another pair of GR07's. I think mine have awesome tight, slamming bass. You can get them for $130 at Lendmeurears.com

post #4 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshound24 View Post
 


If I were you I'd get another pair of GR07's. I think mine have awesome tight, slamming bass. You can get them for $130 at Lendmeurears.com

Dude! I didn't know of this website. Sweeet!

post #5 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeuss1990 View Post
 

Dude! I didn't know of this website. Sweeet!


I should clarify... I have the GRO7 BE, and have not heard the non-BE version. Which one did you have before yours died?

post #6 of 20

Westone 3 in your price range, good bass and great bass impact, good clarity and highs, neutral mids, good soundstage width and depth.

post #7 of 20

Buy a pair of MTPCs and call it a day.  Seeing people offload them NIB for less than $100 is ridiculous.  I remember the days when they were over $300.  


Edited by powasky - 12/7/13 at 3:23pm
post #8 of 20

The W3 at $179 is crimminal!

 

It is the W2 sound with a subwoofer.

post #9 of 20

The price of the W3 has really come down recently, I picked one up for $160 a while back..W3 does have top tier universal sound with a lot of bass.

post #10 of 20

Bass? Yamaha EPH-100.

 

I have the W2 and the BA200 btw, and I actually preferred the W2 for its smaller quantity of bass.

post #11 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshound24 View Post
 


I should clarify... I have the GRO7 BE, and have not heard the non-BE version. Which one did you have before yours died?

I had the non-BE version.

 

They aren't completely dead... its just my right earbud cuts in and out constantly if I shift the jack. I don't know if its repairable :S

 

How are the BE versions anyways?


Edited by Asmodeuss1990 - 12/8/13 at 4:25am
post #12 of 20
Thread Starter 

Gah. I didn't know the W3 became so cheap. I paid 220$ for these things on amazon.com -__-

post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeuss1990 View Post
 

Gah. I didn't know the W3 became so cheap. I paid 220$ for these things on amazon.com -__-

BE versions just have a little bit more bass in the sound signature look up a few reviews on them. Tbh, I really like the looks of the westones more than the gr07. The square shape design is really unappealing.

post #14 of 20

id say look with that budget to something like the Senn IE80.

post #15 of 20
Listen to the W2s for a week or so. They are pretty good phones and you may find your brain adjusts to them quite well after a bit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Just received my Westone W2's