The dealer didn't have any LCD-X to compare. They should get some so that would be a good one to check out. I know I really liked the LCD3 sound and if the X is 'almost' as good I'd rather spend the extra for the 3s.
Related Forum Threads
- Poll: Genre Master Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Love my LCD 2's but thinking of "upgrading" to LCD-X or LCD-3--need a little help... Last post on 3/9/14 at 7:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New cans soon: GS1000, HE500, or LCD2 Last post on 1/31/14 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
Question: LCD 2.2<<HE 500<< LCD 3? - Page 2post #16 of 2312/26/13 at 11:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2312/26/13 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by c-record
Not having had a chance to hear the HE500 I have to try and understand others experience. The LCD2 lacked air, sparkle and detail in the highs for me as well. For myself it is a price issue between the HE500 and the LCD 3. I could pick up HE500s now but I'd have to wait a bit for the LCD3s. I did fall for the sound of the LCD3s though!
The HE500 with jergpads and grill cloth removed is extremely close to LCD3 at much less $. Personally, i am not going to buy LCD3 anymore now that I find myself very happy with the HE500. I am deciding on my next HP now, HD800 vs. T1 or something else.post #18 of 2312/26/13 at 12:05pmThread Starter
That's great to hear. I kinda wish I would have been on the lookout for HE500s during the holiday sales. I've been scheming on the HD800s myself. :)
I could go HD800 AND HE500s for the price of LCD3s.post #19 of 2312/26/13 at 12:06pmQuote:
Damn, you read my mind.post #20 of 2312/26/13 at 12:21pmThread Starterpost #21 of 2312/26/13 at 4:39pmQuote:
While HE-500 is the best value…neither the HD800, HE-500, or even the LCD-2 can touch LCD-3's bass. It's a beast. You can't fake bass extension regardless of any mod. That's all drivers and of course a good seal.post #22 of 2312/26/13 at 9:56pmThread StarterQuote:
I didn't notice the bass being that much better on the LCD 3 vs the LCD 2. Then again I was so much more engaged with the music and enjoying it that I was simply listening and not analyzing. The highs being much more natural and present just made them sound like a much more complete headphone to me.post #23 of 2312/26/13 at 10:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by c-record
I didn't notice the bass being that much better on the LCD 3 vs the LCD 2. Then again I was so much more engaged with the music and enjoying it that I was simply listening and not analyzing. The highs being much more natural and present just made them sound like a much more complete headphone to me.
At first it might be hard to notice. In fact, you may even go back and forth between which you like more, I know I did (along with others). Although now after getting used to it, it's so versatile and one headphone fit all needs. I had the LCD-2 for 5 months and it was really fun after I got used to it...but now after 6 months with LCD-3, there's no contest between LCD-3 with either LCD-2 or HE-500. It's far more coherent than both of them IMO.
Trust me, the bass on the LCD-3 is definitely better. It just takes some time to get used to.
- Question: LCD 2.2<<HE 500<< LCD 3?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
- › Philips Fidelio L2 38 seconds ago
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Discussion and Review... 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. LATEST Specifications just added.... 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 4 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 5 minutes ago
- › Absolute Phase: The Next Frontier (yeah right) 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob