The dealer didn't have any LCD-X to compare. They should get some so that would be a good one to check out. I know I really liked the LCD3 sound and if the X is 'almost' as good I'd rather spend the extra for the 3s.
Related Forum Threads
- Poll: Genre Master Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Seeking advice on putting together a system based around the Audeze LCD-2 vs LCD-3 Last post on 5/26/13 at 4:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Question: LCD 2.2<<HE 500<< LCD 3? - Page 2post #16 of 2312/26/13 at 11:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2312/26/13 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by c-record
Not having had a chance to hear the HE500 I have to try and understand others experience. The LCD2 lacked air, sparkle and detail in the highs for me as well. For myself it is a price issue between the HE500 and the LCD 3. I could pick up HE500s now but I'd have to wait a bit for the LCD3s. I did fall for the sound of the LCD3s though!
The HE500 with jergpads and grill cloth removed is extremely close to LCD3 at much less $. Personally, i am not going to buy LCD3 anymore now that I find myself very happy with the HE500. I am deciding on my next HP now, HD800 vs. T1 or something else.post #18 of 2312/26/13 at 12:05pmThread Starter
That's great to hear. I kinda wish I would have been on the lookout for HE500s during the holiday sales. I've been scheming on the HD800s myself. :)
I could go HD800 AND HE500s for the price of LCD3s.post #19 of 2312/26/13 at 12:06pmQuote:
Damn, you read my mind.post #20 of 2312/26/13 at 12:21pmThread Starterpost #21 of 2312/26/13 at 4:39pmQuote:
While HE-500 is the best value…neither the HD800, HE-500, or even the LCD-2 can touch LCD-3's bass. It's a beast. You can't fake bass extension regardless of any mod. That's all drivers and of course a good seal.post #22 of 2312/26/13 at 9:56pmThread StarterQuote:
I didn't notice the bass being that much better on the LCD 3 vs the LCD 2. Then again I was so much more engaged with the music and enjoying it that I was simply listening and not analyzing. The highs being much more natural and present just made them sound like a much more complete headphone to me.post #23 of 2312/26/13 at 10:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by c-record
I didn't notice the bass being that much better on the LCD 3 vs the LCD 2. Then again I was so much more engaged with the music and enjoying it that I was simply listening and not analyzing. The highs being much more natural and present just made them sound like a much more complete headphone to me.
At first it might be hard to notice. In fact, you may even go back and forth between which you like more, I know I did (along with others). Although now after getting used to it, it's so versatile and one headphone fit all needs. I had the LCD-2 for 5 months and it was really fun after I got used to it...but now after 6 months with LCD-3, there's no contest between LCD-3 with either LCD-2 or HE-500. It's far more coherent than both of them IMO.
Trust me, the bass on the LCD-3 is definitely better. It just takes some time to get used to.
- Question: LCD 2.2<<HE 500<< LCD 3?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Sony xbaz5 24 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! 4 minutes ago
- › Rose Mojito Earbuds 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-007A SZ2+KGSS 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica updates CKR series: ATH-CKR100, ATH-CKR90, ATH-CKR70 5 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 5 minutes ago
- › Headroom Total Bithead 6 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...