The dealer didn't have any LCD-X to compare. They should get some so that would be a good one to check out. I know I really liked the LCD3 sound and if the X is 'almost' as good I'd rather spend the extra for the 3s.
Related Forum Threads
- Poll: Genre Master Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Seeking advice on putting together a system based around the Audeze LCD-2 vs LCD-3 Last post on 5/26/13 at 4:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 6/29/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/30/15
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
Question: LCD 2.2<<HE 500<< LCD 3? - Page 2post #16 of 2312/26/13 at 11:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2312/26/13 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by c-record
Not having had a chance to hear the HE500 I have to try and understand others experience. The LCD2 lacked air, sparkle and detail in the highs for me as well. For myself it is a price issue between the HE500 and the LCD 3. I could pick up HE500s now but I'd have to wait a bit for the LCD3s. I did fall for the sound of the LCD3s though!
The HE500 with jergpads and grill cloth removed is extremely close to LCD3 at much less $. Personally, i am not going to buy LCD3 anymore now that I find myself very happy with the HE500. I am deciding on my next HP now, HD800 vs. T1 or something else.post #18 of 2312/26/13 at 12:05pmThread Starter
That's great to hear. I kinda wish I would have been on the lookout for HE500s during the holiday sales. I've been scheming on the HD800s myself. :)
I could go HD800 AND HE500s for the price of LCD3s.post #19 of 2312/26/13 at 12:06pmQuote:
Damn, you read my mind.post #20 of 2312/26/13 at 12:21pmThread Starterpost #21 of 2312/26/13 at 4:39pmQuote:
While HE-500 is the best value…neither the HD800, HE-500, or even the LCD-2 can touch LCD-3's bass. It's a beast. You can't fake bass extension regardless of any mod. That's all drivers and of course a good seal.post #22 of 2312/26/13 at 9:56pmThread StarterQuote:
I didn't notice the bass being that much better on the LCD 3 vs the LCD 2. Then again I was so much more engaged with the music and enjoying it that I was simply listening and not analyzing. The highs being much more natural and present just made them sound like a much more complete headphone to me.post #23 of 2312/26/13 at 10:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by c-record
I didn't notice the bass being that much better on the LCD 3 vs the LCD 2. Then again I was so much more engaged with the music and enjoying it that I was simply listening and not analyzing. The highs being much more natural and present just made them sound like a much more complete headphone to me.
At first it might be hard to notice. In fact, you may even go back and forth between which you like more, I know I did (along with others). Although now after getting used to it, it's so versatile and one headphone fit all needs. I had the LCD-2 for 5 months and it was really fun after I got used to it...but now after 6 months with LCD-3, there's no contest between LCD-3 with either LCD-2 or HE-500. It's far more coherent than both of them IMO.
Trust me, the bass on the LCD-3 is definitely better. It just takes some time to get used to.
- Question: LCD 2.2<<HE 500<< LCD 3?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 33 seconds ago
- › Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts? 40 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Ref 1 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze... 8 minutes ago
- › [WTB] Lynx aes16 9 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)