The dealer didn't have any LCD-X to compare. They should get some so that would be a good one to check out. I know I really liked the LCD3 sound and if the X is 'almost' as good I'd rather spend the extra for the 3s.
Related Forum Threads
- Poll: Genre Master Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Seeking advice on putting together a system based around the Audeze LCD-2 vs LCD-3 Last post on 5/26/13 at 4:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
Question: LCD 2.2<<HE 500<< LCD 3? - Page 2post #16 of 2312/26/13 at 11:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2312/26/13 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by c-record
Not having had a chance to hear the HE500 I have to try and understand others experience. The LCD2 lacked air, sparkle and detail in the highs for me as well. For myself it is a price issue between the HE500 and the LCD 3. I could pick up HE500s now but I'd have to wait a bit for the LCD3s. I did fall for the sound of the LCD3s though!
The HE500 with jergpads and grill cloth removed is extremely close to LCD3 at much less $. Personally, i am not going to buy LCD3 anymore now that I find myself very happy with the HE500. I am deciding on my next HP now, HD800 vs. T1 or something else.post #18 of 2312/26/13 at 12:05pmThread Starter
That's great to hear. I kinda wish I would have been on the lookout for HE500s during the holiday sales. I've been scheming on the HD800s myself. :)
I could go HD800 AND HE500s for the price of LCD3s.post #19 of 2312/26/13 at 12:06pmQuote:
Damn, you read my mind.post #20 of 2312/26/13 at 12:21pmThread Starterpost #21 of 2312/26/13 at 4:39pmQuote:
While HE-500 is the best value…neither the HD800, HE-500, or even the LCD-2 can touch LCD-3's bass. It's a beast. You can't fake bass extension regardless of any mod. That's all drivers and of course a good seal.post #22 of 2312/26/13 at 9:56pmThread StarterQuote:
I didn't notice the bass being that much better on the LCD 3 vs the LCD 2. Then again I was so much more engaged with the music and enjoying it that I was simply listening and not analyzing. The highs being much more natural and present just made them sound like a much more complete headphone to me.post #23 of 2312/26/13 at 10:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by c-record
I didn't notice the bass being that much better on the LCD 3 vs the LCD 2. Then again I was so much more engaged with the music and enjoying it that I was simply listening and not analyzing. The highs being much more natural and present just made them sound like a much more complete headphone to me.
At first it might be hard to notice. In fact, you may even go back and forth between which you like more, I know I did (along with others). Although now after getting used to it, it's so versatile and one headphone fit all needs. I had the LCD-2 for 5 months and it was really fun after I got used to it...but now after 6 months with LCD-3, there's no contest between LCD-3 with either LCD-2 or HE-500. It's far more coherent than both of them IMO.
Trust me, the bass on the LCD-3 is definitely better. It just takes some time to get used to.
- Question: LCD 2.2<<HE 500<< LCD 3?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 26 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - October 2016 (date TBD) 2 minutes ago
- › DAC/Amp combo for AKG K7XX 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...