The dealer didn't have any LCD-X to compare. They should get some so that would be a good one to check out. I know I really liked the LCD3 sound and if the X is 'almost' as good I'd rather spend the extra for the 3s.
Related Forum Threads
- Poll: Genre Master Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Love my LCD 2's but thinking of "upgrading" to LCD-X or LCD-3--need a little help... Last post on 3/9/14 at 7:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New cans soon: GS1000, HE500, or LCD2 Last post on 1/31/14 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
Question: LCD 2.2<<HE 500<< LCD 3? - Page 2post #16 of 2312/26/13 at 11:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2312/26/13 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by c-record
Not having had a chance to hear the HE500 I have to try and understand others experience. The LCD2 lacked air, sparkle and detail in the highs for me as well. For myself it is a price issue between the HE500 and the LCD 3. I could pick up HE500s now but I'd have to wait a bit for the LCD3s. I did fall for the sound of the LCD3s though!
The HE500 with jergpads and grill cloth removed is extremely close to LCD3 at much less $. Personally, i am not going to buy LCD3 anymore now that I find myself very happy with the HE500. I am deciding on my next HP now, HD800 vs. T1 or something else.post #18 of 2312/26/13 at 12:05pmThread Starter
That's great to hear. I kinda wish I would have been on the lookout for HE500s during the holiday sales. I've been scheming on the HD800s myself. :)
I could go HD800 AND HE500s for the price of LCD3s.post #19 of 2312/26/13 at 12:06pmQuote:
Damn, you read my mind.post #20 of 2312/26/13 at 12:21pmThread Starterpost #21 of 2312/26/13 at 4:39pmQuote:
While HE-500 is the best value…neither the HD800, HE-500, or even the LCD-2 can touch LCD-3's bass. It's a beast. You can't fake bass extension regardless of any mod. That's all drivers and of course a good seal.post #22 of 2312/26/13 at 9:56pmThread StarterQuote:
I didn't notice the bass being that much better on the LCD 3 vs the LCD 2. Then again I was so much more engaged with the music and enjoying it that I was simply listening and not analyzing. The highs being much more natural and present just made them sound like a much more complete headphone to me.post #23 of 2312/26/13 at 10:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by c-record
I didn't notice the bass being that much better on the LCD 3 vs the LCD 2. Then again I was so much more engaged with the music and enjoying it that I was simply listening and not analyzing. The highs being much more natural and present just made them sound like a much more complete headphone to me.
At first it might be hard to notice. In fact, you may even go back and forth between which you like more, I know I did (along with others). Although now after getting used to it, it's so versatile and one headphone fit all needs. I had the LCD-2 for 5 months and it was really fun after I got used to it...but now after 6 months with LCD-3, there's no contest between LCD-3 with either LCD-2 or HE-500. It's far more coherent than both of them IMO.
Trust me, the bass on the LCD-3 is definitely better. It just takes some time to get used to.
- Question: LCD 2.2<<HE 500<< LCD 3?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Coming... 11 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 38 seconds ago
- › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Hissy/staticky "s" and cymbals? 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live 2 or Dt990? 3 minutes ago
- › Corsair SP2500's died; now what? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude