or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? - Page 27

post #391 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_tris View Post
 

Just ordered the L and G cushions for the BxG's 

Where did you order your (L) cushions from, Grado?

I tried to order them for my Bushmills that are on order from B&H Photo, but they are currently out of stock.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post
 

So is anyone still waiting on shipments from the first batch from TTL? Any notices from the second batch? Just curious where I am in line...

I ordered the 2nd to last pair, and I haven't received any notice besides the order #.

post #392 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Where did you order your (L) cushions from, Grado?

I tried to order them for my Bushmills that are on order from B&H Photo, but they are currently out of stock.

 

I ordered the 2nd to last pair, and I haven't received any notice besides the order #.

amazon ;)

post #393 of 744
Wow that's to bad that these headphones are sold out. I really wanted these as my second upgrade. I am currently beginning with this audiophile headphone stuff and I must say open back headphones do really sound great and bring life to music.
post #394 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
 

How do these compare to the RS1i's? If the difference is not that much, i maybe get these instead, as they are half the price..

 

They get closer to the RS1i if you put L cush pads on them (adds 30 bucks). they don’t have the same level of detail, texture and soundstage but - for somewhat causal listening - it’s hard to tell at first glance. 

 

The obvious difference is that these are tuned for more bass than the RS1i and have more subdued treble. I also find upper mids are little less smooth and sweet on the bushmills than the RS1i.

 

But since these bushmills are limited edition, you might have a hard time finding them soon. If money is a concern, there’s lots of used RS1is in the forum here or you could opt for a new RS2i if you can’t find one of these limited editions out there.

post #395 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_tris View Post
 

amazon ;)

Yes I looked on Amazon also, but they only carry the Ear Zonk brand.

post #396 of 744

I'm going on memory here, but I actually prefer the Bushmills to both, the RS1i and the PS500. The best way I can describe the Bushmills is that they give you 95% of the best that the PS500 and RS1i each have to offer, wich I find VERY impressive, especially when you consider the fact that they're a lot cheaper both of them.

 

Oh!, and I run my Bushmills with the L-cush.


Edited by stacker45 - 12/21/13 at 9:40pm
post #397 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_tris View Post

amazon wink.gif
I'm spoiled by Amazon. I don't even like to order from any other place. I know I'll get my package fast and on time. I ordered from headroom and now turntable. Never again. How hard is it to process an order in a timely manner and use shipping that isn't pathetically slow? If Amazon is ever slow processing an order they upgrade me to overnight for free. I don't even need to contact them.

For those of you who feel bad about missing out, don't. Even if there aren't any new pairs coming there is a good chance mine will be for sale unless I'm super impressed.
post #398 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalithian View Post

I'm spoiled by Amazon. I don't even like to order from any other place. I know I'll get my package fast and on time. I ordered from headroom and now turntable. Never again. How hard is it to process an order in a timely manner and use shipping that isn't pathetically slow? If Amazon is ever slow processing an order they upgrade me to overnight for free. I don't even need to contact them.

For those of you who feel bad about missing out, don't. Even if there aren't any new pairs coming there is a good chance mine will be for sale unless I'm super impressed.

I cannot help but post this thought... I have never listened to any of the wooden Grados, unless you consider the PS500 a halfy. But I pad-rolled for months and finally figured out the best sound for my ears with my SR-80i. Limitations of the headphones in mind, I can't get over how easy it was to give Grados some much needed bass.

I just inserted the foam discs from a pair of Senn. HD-25 pads. This "musically transparent" material is allows my ears to tollerate the brutality of Grado L-Cush (mini-bowls) over longer listening sessions. Magical Grado bass makers....

Problem solved. But now, I am curious about these so-called Grados with bass in stock form. smily_headphones1.gif
post #399 of 744
Yeah Grados are quite moddable. I like the 225I but comfort is a big issue for me. At first I felt the bass was lacking but I think I got used to it. It's still lean but not bad. I've only heard the 60i and 225i. Will be interesting to compare. I'm sure I'll like the Bushmills, just maybe not twice as much as the 225i. who knows? Never know until you try,so that's the plan smily_headphones1.gif
post #400 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Yes I looked on Amazon also, but they only carry the Ear Zonk brand.

Try crutchfield.com

post #401 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

Try crutchfield.com

Thank, I'm going to do that right now!

post #402 of 744

whirlwind, Crutchfield had the (L) cushions in stock, thanks a lot, now maybe I will receive the Bushmills and (L)'s around the same time, thanks again.

post #403 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

whirlwind, Crutchfield had the (L) cushions in stock, thanks a lot, now maybe I will receive the Bushmills and (L)'s around the same time, thanks again.


Sure

 

Be sure to post about how you like your Bushmills

post #404 of 744

Because yes

post #405 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 


Sure

 

Be sure to post about how you like your Bushmills

I definitely will, thanks again.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?