or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? - Page 26

post #376 of 744

I agree, the PS1000 could definately benefit from  some of those HP1000 style metal rod blocks. When I'm not using my PS1000 to either, listen to music, or train my biceps, I always lay them down flat to avoid putting undue stress on the plastic blocks.

 

The Bushmills being the novelty headphones in the house, they have gotten a lot of head time recently, but with all this talk about the PS1000, I suddenly have the urge to use them,  so if you'll excuse me, I need to go find my neck brace. and steel toe boots, we can never be too careaful

post #377 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post
 

I agree, the PS1000 could definately benefit from  some of those HP1000 style metal rod blocks. When I'm not using my PS1000 to either, listen to music, or train my biceps, I always lay them down flat to avoid putting undue stress on the plastic blocks.

 

The Bushmills being the novelty headphones in the house, they have gotten a lot of head time recently, but with all this talk about the PS1000, I suddenly have the urge to use them,  so if you'll excuse me, I need to go find my neck brace. and steel toe boots, we can never be too careaful

your avatar is missing something...

post #378 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post

I agree, the PS1000 could definately benefit from  some of those HP1000 style metal rod blocks. When I'm not using my PS1000 to either, listen to music, or train my biceps, I always lay them down flat to avoid putting undue stress on the plastic blocks.

The Bushmills being the novelty headphones in the house, they have gotten a lot of head time recently, but with all this talk about the PS1000, I suddenly have the urge to use them,  so if you'll excuse me, I need to go find my neck brace. and steel toe boots, we can never be too careaful
Bit heavy I take it :P
I had this same problem with my lcd2s.
Always joked about needing a neck brace... Until I actually hurt my neck and couldn't use them anymore frown.gif
I miss them.
post #379 of 744

Yeah Stacker....get them Bushmills in your avatar....they feel left out.  :smile:

post #380 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post

I have to slightly retract my earlier statement. There is more of a difference between the Bushmills and RS1 than i initially thought. The RS1 is so much more 3 dimensional and instrument separation is a lot better. Makes me crave a vented version of the RS1 even more. The one thing I really notice going back and forth is the sub bass on the Bushmills is really great and that's the only thing the RS1 is lacking.

Grados can have sub bass?  I owned PS500.  Not noticeable.

 

PS  I'm a Grado fanman.

post #381 of 744

You guys are right, I've been so busy enjoying the Busmills, that I forgot to take a new pictrue for my avatar.

 

Oh!, and I'll update my sig, while I'm at it.

post #382 of 744

So is anyone still waiting on shipments from the first batch from TTL? Any notices from the second batch? Just curious where I am in line...

post #383 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post

Grados can have sub bass?  I owned PS500.  Not noticeable.

PS  I'm a Grado fanman.

Sorry I meant bass.
post #384 of 744

imackler,

 

I ordered from the second batch on Wed. 12-18-13. I called Turntable Lab on Fri. 12-20-13 and they said they would probably ship it out on Mon. 12-23-13. I'm not sure why it's taking so long to ship it if they have it in stock. On their FAQ it says they will ship it out in 1 business day. Clearly this is not the case. I wonder what the experience has been for the first batch. This means I won't get it in time for Christmas. But, I look forward to getting it soon enough. I want to compare it to the SR80, SR225i, RS1i, and Alessandro MS1i.

post #385 of 744

Yeah I don't know what is taking them so long for shipping. Kind of ridiculous to take that long to process some orders if you already have the item. I feel like they should do free overnight shipping. Excited to compare to the 225i though.


Edited by Zalithian - 12/21/13 at 6:33pm
post #386 of 744

How do these compare to the RS1i's? If the difference is not that much, i maybe get these instead, as they are half the price..

post #387 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post

How do these compare to the RS1i's? If the difference is not that much, i maybe get these instead, as they are half the price..

I thought they were similar at first but listening to the same songs on both, the RS1 just does everything better except if you want the additional bass of the BxG. Is it worth the price difference? For the average listener probably not. For someone on head-fi? Maybe.
Edited by bassboysam - 12/21/13 at 7:09pm
post #388 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post


I thought they were similar at first but listening to the same songs on both, the RS1 just does everything better except if you want the additional bass of the BxG. Is it worth the price difference? For the average listener probably not. For someone on head-fi? Maybe.

Thanks for the answers. Is the second batch already available on Turntable lab? They will ship these outside of USA right? Kinda lame Grado only ships inside USA..

post #389 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifihead View Post
 

imackler,

 

I ordered from the second batch on Wed. 12-18-13. I called Turntable Lab on Fri. 12-20-13 and they said they would probably ship it out on Mon. 12-23-13. I'm not sure why it's taking so long to ship it if they have it in stock. On their FAQ it says they will ship it out in 1 business day. Clearly this is not the case. I wonder what the experience has been for the first batch. This means I won't get it in time for Christmas. But, I look forward to getting it soon enough. I want to compare it to the SR80, SR225i, RS1i, and Alessandro MS1i.

 

Thanks a ton! That is honestly way better than I was hoping! 

post #390 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
 

Thanks for the answers. Is the second batch already available on Turntable lab? They will ship these outside of USA right? Kinda lame Grado only ships inside USA..

They came and have gone for the second time like what 3 days ago now...sorry you missed them.


Edited by lord_tris - 12/21/13 at 7:19pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?