Thanks much for posting lord_tris. I was counting on the in stock e-mail also and would have missed them without your post.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by nightmancometh, 1/29/14
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Grado e Series Last post on Yesterday at 9:42 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Great Grado Experiment (4 tonewoods tested, more to come!) Last post on 10/8/14 at 9:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- How well equipped is your local shop? Last post on 9/19/13 at 10:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- crystal clear headphones with good bass not too much but just enough but I'm more... Last post on 8/27/13 at 7:26pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? - Page 23
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I was on the fence whether I was actually signing up for a preorder versus actually purchasing them. I wonder how Grado and Turntable is working out the ordering. I wonder if this is the end of the limited run... or if they'll keep leaking a few out every month. Either way, I'm glad it was an actual order!
The more I listen to the Bushmills, the more I like them.
This afternoon I was listening to a reel to reel tape copy of a mix of some of my favorite songs made from CDs, using my trusty old 1973 Pioneer RT-1020L, with the Busmills hooked up directly to the headphone output of my 1975 Marantz 2220B, and the result was just pure musical bliss.
When you think about it, the Bushmills have a lot going for them, here's a few, at 1/4th the price of the PS1000, and 1/2 the price of the RS1i, the Bushmills are relatively affordable. They also have the best presentation of ANY Grado headphones by a longshot, I know, I know, the ''pizza box'' is not very hard to beat. They're very light wich makes them very comfortable. but then, I have Grado hears (smallish) so YMMV on this one though. They are a limited edition, well, they're supposed to be anyway, wich means, that they not only should hold they're value, but they may even appreciate in time.
Of course, all of this wouldn't mean much, if they didn't sound good, but pesonnally, I think that they're among the best sounding, and best looking Grados out there.
If experienced Grado fans continue to rave about these, Grado may well develop a vented model.
It would be a good thing and easy to do especially if they didn't have to use old whiskey barrels...
I too am enjoying them a lot. I still think the RS1 sounds better. While the Bushmills have more bass they don't have the clarity of the RS1. things sound more cluttered with the Bushmills and the mids are still a bit harsh to my ears. The treble is also not as refinined and to me sounds a lot like the SR60 treble. Maybe more burn in will improve things. But don't get me wrong it's not a night and day difference between the RS1 and Bushmills but we are all here to nitpick aren't we? If Grado ever does an improved Bushmills that can have the finesse of the RS1 I wouldn't hesitate to spend $700+ on them.
Edited by bassboysam - 12/19/13 at 8:06pm
I haven't compared the Bushmills to my GS1000, but I've had my GS for 7 years now, and what I can say for certain, is that the GS have a more recessed midrange, a bigger soundstage, and a hotter overall sound signature.
Keep in mind that my GS1000 are the older, non ''i'' model.
For what it's worth, I still think that the Bushmills are a major no brainer, one can even add a Little Dot 1+, for less than the cost of the PS500 alone, talk about a great little setup.
- Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 11 seconds ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 35 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › Indonesia gold mine for social networking
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3