Thanks much for posting lord_tris. I was counting on the in stock e-mail also and would have missed them without your post.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by nightmancometh, 1/29/14
Related Forum Threads
- A visit to Grado's Factory Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ars Technica visits Grado Labs Last post on 7/23/14 at 1:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Consumer Reports Headphone Review Last post on 7/12/14 at 6:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado e Series Last post on Yesterday at 7:43 pm in Headphones (full-size)
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? - Page 23
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I was on the fence whether I was actually signing up for a preorder versus actually purchasing them. I wonder how Grado and Turntable is working out the ordering. I wonder if this is the end of the limited run... or if they'll keep leaking a few out every month. Either way, I'm glad it was an actual order!
The more I listen to the Bushmills, the more I like them.
This afternoon I was listening to a reel to reel tape copy of a mix of some of my favorite songs made from CDs, using my trusty old 1973 Pioneer RT-1020L, with the Busmills hooked up directly to the headphone output of my 1975 Marantz 2220B, and the result was just pure musical bliss.
When you think about it, the Bushmills have a lot going for them, here's a few, at 1/4th the price of the PS1000, and 1/2 the price of the RS1i, the Bushmills are relatively affordable. They also have the best presentation of ANY Grado headphones by a longshot, I know, I know, the ''pizza box'' is not very hard to beat. They're very light wich makes them very comfortable. but then, I have Grado hears (smallish) so YMMV on this one though. They are a limited edition, well, they're supposed to be anyway, wich means, that they not only should hold they're value, but they may even appreciate in time.
Of course, all of this wouldn't mean much, if they didn't sound good, but pesonnally, I think that they're among the best sounding, and best looking Grados out there.
If experienced Grado fans continue to rave about these, Grado may well develop a vented model.
It would be a good thing and easy to do especially if they didn't have to use old whiskey barrels...
I too am enjoying them a lot. I still think the RS1 sounds better. While the Bushmills have more bass they don't have the clarity of the RS1. things sound more cluttered with the Bushmills and the mids are still a bit harsh to my ears. The treble is also not as refinined and to me sounds a lot like the SR60 treble. Maybe more burn in will improve things. But don't get me wrong it's not a night and day difference between the RS1 and Bushmills but we are all here to nitpick aren't we? If Grado ever does an improved Bushmills that can have the finesse of the RS1 I wouldn't hesitate to spend $700+ on them.
Edited by bassboysam - 12/19/13 at 8:06pm
I haven't compared the Bushmills to my GS1000, but I've had my GS for 7 years now, and what I can say for certain, is that the GS have a more recessed midrange, a bigger soundstage, and a hotter overall sound signature.
Keep in mind that my GS1000 are the older, non ''i'' model.
For what it's worth, I still think that the Bushmills are a major no brainer, one can even add a Little Dot 1+, for less than the cost of the PS500 alone, talk about a great little setup.
- Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Amp Question 3 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 4 minutes ago
- › Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet 03.14.2015 - Hosted by Overture... 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)