Thanks much for posting lord_tris. I was counting on the in stock e-mail also and would have missed them without your post.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by nightmancometh, 1/29/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Grado Experiment (4 tonewoods tested, more to come!) Last post on 7/18/14 at 6:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How well equipped is your local shop? Last post on 9/19/13 at 10:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- crystal clear headphones with good bass not too much but just enough but I'm more... Last post on 8/27/13 at 7:26pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Excellent condition Grado PS500 with L-cush/Vilaibhan carrying case/original box Last post on 8/19/13 at 8:02pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- An audiophile heaven in San Francisco Last post on 1/8/14 at 6:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 is superior...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
I will start by saying I went through 3 of these. All of which were under warranty, and I was by no means rough with them. The sound was nice, it had a decent bass compared to any of my other...
Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? - Page 23
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I was on the fence whether I was actually signing up for a preorder versus actually purchasing them. I wonder how Grado and Turntable is working out the ordering. I wonder if this is the end of the limited run... or if they'll keep leaking a few out every month. Either way, I'm glad it was an actual order!
The more I listen to the Bushmills, the more I like them.
This afternoon I was listening to a reel to reel tape copy of a mix of some of my favorite songs made from CDs, using my trusty old 1973 Pioneer RT-1020L, with the Busmills hooked up directly to the headphone output of my 1975 Marantz 2220B, and the result was just pure musical bliss.
When you think about it, the Bushmills have a lot going for them, here's a few, at 1/4th the price of the PS1000, and 1/2 the price of the RS1i, the Bushmills are relatively affordable. They also have the best presentation of ANY Grado headphones by a longshot, I know, I know, the ''pizza box'' is not very hard to beat. They're very light wich makes them very comfortable. but then, I have Grado hears (smallish) so YMMV on this one though. They are a limited edition, well, they're supposed to be anyway, wich means, that they not only should hold they're value, but they may even appreciate in time.
Of course, all of this wouldn't mean much, if they didn't sound good, but pesonnally, I think that they're among the best sounding, and best looking Grados out there.
If experienced Grado fans continue to rave about these, Grado may well develop a vented model.
It would be a good thing and easy to do especially if they didn't have to use old whiskey barrels...
I too am enjoying them a lot. I still think the RS1 sounds better. While the Bushmills have more bass they don't have the clarity of the RS1. things sound more cluttered with the Bushmills and the mids are still a bit harsh to my ears. The treble is also not as refinined and to me sounds a lot like the SR60 treble. Maybe more burn in will improve things. But don't get me wrong it's not a night and day difference between the RS1 and Bushmills but we are all here to nitpick aren't we? If Grado ever does an improved Bushmills that can have the finesse of the RS1 I wouldn't hesitate to spend $700+ on them.
Edited by bassboysam - 12/19/13 at 8:06pm
I haven't compared the Bushmills to my GS1000, but I've had my GS for 7 years now, and what I can say for certain, is that the GS have a more recessed midrange, a bigger soundstage, and a hotter overall sound signature.
Keep in mind that my GS1000 are the older, non ''i'' model.
For what it's worth, I still think that the Bushmills are a major no brainer, one can even add a Little Dot 1+, for less than the cost of the PS500 alone, talk about a great little setup.
- Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Home-Made IEMs 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Question about open headphones (Sennheiser HD 598) 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Buyer's Remorse: Headphones and earphones you bought on impulse and... 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)