Thanks much for posting lord_tris. I was counting on the in stock e-mail also and would have missed them without your post.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by nightmancometh, 1/29/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Grado Experiment (4 tonewoods tested, more to come!) Last post on 7/18/14 at 6:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How well equipped is your local shop? Last post on 9/19/13 at 10:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- crystal clear headphones with good bass not too much but just enough but I'm more... Last post on 8/27/13 at 7:26pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Excellent condition Grado PS500 with L-cush/Vilaibhan carrying case/original box Last post on 8/19/13 at 8:02pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- An audiophile heaven in San Francisco Last post on 1/8/14 at 6:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
Just some background stuff before the review...this is the second source i have owned dedicated to music (i.e not listening to music off my iphone) so i don't have much experience with high end...
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? - Page 23
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I was on the fence whether I was actually signing up for a preorder versus actually purchasing them. I wonder how Grado and Turntable is working out the ordering. I wonder if this is the end of the limited run... or if they'll keep leaking a few out every month. Either way, I'm glad it was an actual order!
The more I listen to the Bushmills, the more I like them.
This afternoon I was listening to a reel to reel tape copy of a mix of some of my favorite songs made from CDs, using my trusty old 1973 Pioneer RT-1020L, with the Busmills hooked up directly to the headphone output of my 1975 Marantz 2220B, and the result was just pure musical bliss.
When you think about it, the Bushmills have a lot going for them, here's a few, at 1/4th the price of the PS1000, and 1/2 the price of the RS1i, the Bushmills are relatively affordable. They also have the best presentation of ANY Grado headphones by a longshot, I know, I know, the ''pizza box'' is not very hard to beat. They're very light wich makes them very comfortable. but then, I have Grado hears (smallish) so YMMV on this one though. They are a limited edition, well, they're supposed to be anyway, wich means, that they not only should hold they're value, but they may even appreciate in time.
Of course, all of this wouldn't mean much, if they didn't sound good, but pesonnally, I think that they're among the best sounding, and best looking Grados out there.
If experienced Grado fans continue to rave about these, Grado may well develop a vented model.
It would be a good thing and easy to do especially if they didn't have to use old whiskey barrels...
I too am enjoying them a lot. I still think the RS1 sounds better. While the Bushmills have more bass they don't have the clarity of the RS1. things sound more cluttered with the Bushmills and the mids are still a bit harsh to my ears. The treble is also not as refinined and to me sounds a lot like the SR60 treble. Maybe more burn in will improve things. But don't get me wrong it's not a night and day difference between the RS1 and Bushmills but we are all here to nitpick aren't we? If Grado ever does an improved Bushmills that can have the finesse of the RS1 I wouldn't hesitate to spend $700+ on them.
Edited by bassboysam - 12/19/13 at 8:06pm
I haven't compared the Bushmills to my GS1000, but I've had my GS for 7 years now, and what I can say for certain, is that the GS have a more recessed midrange, a bigger soundstage, and a hotter overall sound signature.
Keep in mind that my GS1000 are the older, non ''i'' model.
For what it's worth, I still think that the Bushmills are a major no brainer, one can even add a Little Dot 1+, for less than the cost of the PS500 alone, talk about a great little setup.
- Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Audioengine vs JBL 21 seconds ago
- › Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014 29 seconds ago
- › Best Gaming and Music Headphones? 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Koss ESP-950 for SALE not interested in ANY trades unless it's a... 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX90 Digital Audio Music Player 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)