Thanks much for posting lord_tris. I was counting on the in stock e-mail also and would have missed them without your post.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by nightmancometh, 1/29/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Grado Experiment (4 tonewoods tested, more to come!) Last post on 3/20/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- How well equipped is your local shop? Last post on 9/19/13 at 10:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- crystal clear headphones with good bass not too much but just enough but I'm more... Last post on 8/27/13 at 7:26pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Excellent condition Grado PS500 with L-cush/Vilaibhan carrying case/original box Last post on 8/19/13 at 8:02pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- An audiophile heaven in San Francisco Last post on 1/8/14 at 6:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? - Page 23
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I was on the fence whether I was actually signing up for a preorder versus actually purchasing them. I wonder how Grado and Turntable is working out the ordering. I wonder if this is the end of the limited run... or if they'll keep leaking a few out every month. Either way, I'm glad it was an actual order!
The more I listen to the Bushmills, the more I like them.
This afternoon I was listening to a reel to reel tape copy of a mix of some of my favorite songs made from CDs, using my trusty old 1973 Pioneer RT-1020L, with the Busmills hooked up directly to the headphone output of my 1975 Marantz 2220B, and the result was just pure musical bliss.
When you think about it, the Bushmills have a lot going for them, here's a few, at 1/4th the price of the PS1000, and 1/2 the price of the RS1i, the Bushmills are relatively affordable. They also have the best presentation of ANY Grado headphones by a longshot, I know, I know, the ''pizza box'' is not very hard to beat. They're very light wich makes them very comfortable. but then, I have Grado hears (smallish) so YMMV on this one though. They are a limited edition, well, they're supposed to be anyway, wich means, that they not only should hold they're value, but they may even appreciate in time.
Of course, all of this wouldn't mean much, if they didn't sound good, but pesonnally, I think that they're among the best sounding, and best looking Grados out there.
If experienced Grado fans continue to rave about these, Grado may well develop a vented model.
It would be a good thing and easy to do especially if they didn't have to use old whiskey barrels...
I too am enjoying them a lot. I still think the RS1 sounds better. While the Bushmills have more bass they don't have the clarity of the RS1. things sound more cluttered with the Bushmills and the mids are still a bit harsh to my ears. The treble is also not as refinined and to me sounds a lot like the SR60 treble. Maybe more burn in will improve things. But don't get me wrong it's not a night and day difference between the RS1 and Bushmills but we are all here to nitpick aren't we? If Grado ever does an improved Bushmills that can have the finesse of the RS1 I wouldn't hesitate to spend $700+ on them.
Edited by bassboysam - 12/19/13 at 8:06pm
I haven't compared the Bushmills to my GS1000, but I've had my GS for 7 years now, and what I can say for certain, is that the GS have a more recessed midrange, a bigger soundstage, and a hotter overall sound signature.
Keep in mind that my GS1000 are the older, non ''i'' model.
For what it's worth, I still think that the Bushmills are a major no brainer, one can even add a Little Dot 1+, for less than the cost of the PS500 alone, talk about a great little setup.
- Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 8 seconds ago
- › (FS) Klipsch X10 31 seconds ago
- › Dark Voice 339 38 seconds ago
- › sonus faber extrema in house 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones Recommendation for College Student 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 5C and 5S: audio output 2 minutes ago
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob