Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? - Page 13

post #181 of 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmAndHammer View Post
 

IMHO...they are going to be right up there with the 325/RS2. It's been a long time since I listened to the RS2, but A/Bing them with my 325...the Bushmills are every bit as nice...better actually. Smoother, a little warmer, and bass to spare (for a Grado). They are very nice headphones and I definitely see something similar being added as a regular to the Grado lineup in the future.


This would make perfect since...the 325i is about $295......put wooden cups on them and they would be about $395.....seems about right imo.

post #182 of 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredj10 View Post
 

For those questioning the sound, someone can send the headphones to have them measured. (http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/whiskey-grado-companys-first-closed-back-headphone)

 

Then we will know for sure the differences in sound. Anyone here willing to send them in?

Hate to be such a negatron, but I've never been comfortable with innerfidelity's graphs vs. sound comparisons.  Tyll has never been a fan of Grados, except maybe the 60s, and I don't expect him to be changing that opinion any time soon.  IMHO, graphs only tell a small part of the sound of headphones.

post #183 of 761

Personally, I would not care how they measured anyway.

 

What Grado really measures well anyway.

 

I agree.....just enjoy the music....to hell I say, with the technical measurements :p

post #184 of 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post

Personally, I would not care how they measured anyway.

What Grado really measures well anyway.

I agree.....just enjoy the music....to hell I say, with the technical measurements tongue.gif

Agreed. I honestly want a pair just for the fact that my job title is essentially "The Whisk(e)y Guy" and my intro to headphones was Grados. I want a pair for sentimentality. I won't be getting them though since I only buy Grado from my local shop. I am not a fan of the exclusivity. It would be nice to have a date where these are open to other retail shops... But then where do you draw the line on the limited nature?
post #185 of 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyd4 View Post
 

I know they dont isolate and they leak like hell, how much less than the regular open backs would you say they leak? 20%?

 

smily_headphones1.gif

 

They really leak about as bad as the open back and isolation is only slightly better. That closed back is pretty deceiving because they are very vented.

post #186 of 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscotchguy View Post


Agreed. I honestly want a pair just for the fact that my job title is essentially "The Whisk(e)y Guy" and my intro to headphones was Grados. I want a pair for sentimentality. I won't be getting them though since I only buy Grado from my local shop. I am not a fan of the exclusivity. It would be nice to have a date where these are open to other retail shops... But then where do you draw the line on the limited nature?

 

These are exclusive to Turntable Labs so you probably won't find them at any other retail store.

post #187 of 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmAndHammer View Post

These are exclusive to Turntable Labs so you probably won't find them at any other retail store.

Oh, I am fully aware. I would have only caved and bought them had the Whisky of choice been an Ardbeg expression smily_headphones1.gif. I get the nature of the beast. Hopefully everyone that purchased theirs enjoys em as much a you AnH.
post #188 of 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

Personally, I would not care how they measured anyway.

 

What Grado really measures well anyway.

 

I agree.....just enjoy the music....to hell I say, with the technical measurements :p

 

Same here, the day I start listening with my eyes, is the day I'm going to start caring about measurments, in the mean time, I'm going to trust my hears. ;)

 

I admit that I got caught up in all the frenzy when I ordered mine. I too, thought they were closed at first, I'm still curious to hear how they sound though.

 

And if they end up not getting enough head time, I'll just sell them. They shipped them yesterday, so I'm going to find out soon enough.

 

I can't help but think that if I would've still been with my wife when I ordered my Bushmills, FedEx would've had to deliver them to the cemetery, in order for me to get them.

post #189 of 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscotchguy View Post


Oh, I am fully aware. I would have only caved and bought them had the Whisky of choice been an Ardbeg expression smily_headphones1.gif. I get the nature of the beast. Hopefully everyone that purchased theirs enjoys em as much a you AnH.

 

I'm totally with you on this one! Imagine the heavy smell of peat and smoke ^_^

post #190 of 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post
 

 

Same here, the day I start listening with my eyes, is the day I'm going to start caring about measurments, in the mean time, I'm going to trust my hears. ;)

 

I admit that I got caught up in all the frenzy when I ordered mine. I too, thought they were closed at first, I'm still curious to hear how they sound though.

 

And if they end up not getting enough head time, I'll just sell them. They shipped them yesterday, so I'm going to find out soon enough.

 

I can't help but think that if I would've still been with my wife when I ordered my Bushmills, FedEx would've had to deliver them to the cemetery, in order for me to get them.

That's why mine only get play time when I'm home alone or everyone is in bed. Gotta sneak them in somehow...that way when she notices I can honestly say....nah...they're not new, I've had those things for quite a while.

post #191 of 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_tris View Post
 

I sent Tyll an Im like last week no response from him so i dont know if he found someone already or not.

 

I'm sending my grados to Tyll soon for measurement....lucky me!

post #192 of 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post
 

 

Same here, the day I start listening with my eyes, is the day I'm going to start caring about measurments, in the mean time, I'm going to trust my hears. ;)

 

I admit that I got caught up in all the frenzy when I ordered mine. I too, thought they were closed at first, I'm still curious to hear how they sound though.

 

And if they end up not getting enough head time, I'll just sell them. They shipped them yesterday, so I'm going to find out soon enough.

 

I can't help but think that if I would've still been with my wife when I ordered my Bushmills, FedEx would've had to deliver them to the cemetery, in order for me to get them.


 They will look great in that awesome Grado collection of yours.

 

Like you said, if you do not like them, you can sell them.

 

They may just sound too darn good to sell, also.

post #193 of 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmAndHammer View Post

That's why mine only get play time when I'm home alone or everyone is in bed. Gotta sneak them in somehow...that way when she notices I can honestly say....nah...they're not new, I've had those things for quite a while.

Ah so I am not the only one lol
post #194 of 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmAndHammer View Post
 

That's why mine only get play time when I'm home alone or everyone is in bed. Gotta sneak them in somehow...that way when she notices I can honestly say....nah...they're not new, I've had those things for quite a while.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyd4 View Post


Ah so I am not the only one lol

Haha. Me too.

post #195 of 761

Well that eBay pair went for £396 which is ~$640.  ...not a bad investment for those who bought a pair.

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?